Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sticky: Change the Family stand and Canton - Petition

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:21 pm

The change around will never happen, also what about all ST holders of family stand? they may be quite happy where they are and why should they move if so? I fear your petition will just be overlooked your first sentance uses the wording of CCS not being intimidating enough, which really avoiding the intimidation factor is I believe the purpose of how ground is set up now. However I do get your point at the change could enhance atmosphere so don't blame you for having a go at being heard with a petition (no pun intended) If the change over, took place I would go for seats in that area, although it is not important enough for me to sign.

Good luck though

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:48 pm

fucking-hell, you would think we were signing a declaration of war :lol:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Signed. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:49 am

Signed it :ayatollah: if this actually came off you would be hailed as a legend for getting the atmosphere back! hope it comes off...oh how i miss ninian park :/ ..

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks mate , i hope it is successful and i can be a 'legend' , Lol. Please get your friends to sign it! The more we get the better.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:52 am

i'm in the ninian stand :ayatollah:
and lots of people want this lets get it around

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:43 am

Loads mighy never know this petition exists, if everyone knew where to sign I think you would get over 5k easy.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:59 am

Thanks everyone that has signed , post the petition link on your friends walls! Also iv'e had posters designed , if anyone want's to help put them up leave me a email at hippie_1994@hotmail.co.uk (You will need a printer and some selotape, Lol)

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:There were complaints from Families after the Millwall and Bristol C home games, the families were Abused by them.

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I think the best solution would be for the club to set up a singing block for season tickets so anyone who wants to bounce around and chant can be together in the ground. Therefore the singers from the ninian and the canton can get together and we would have a wall of noise coming from a specific area which would prob be louder than different stands chanting.

Surely the first quote by forever blue is reason enough for the club to move the family stand, and as for the second quote which has been brought up a few times on this forum, in my opinion the club cannot advertise certain parts of the ground as singing/standing/chanting areas because this encourages (obviously) standing which we all know is not allowed in all seater stadiums. I think the club do well for us by tolerating standing in the canton and we should probably be grateful to them for that.
Could the club swap ends for one game only to see the difference and do it on a game with a large police presence anyway (jacks, leeds, worzels)? this way they wouldnt incur any extra police costs for the trial swap over

petition signed by the way, number 326

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:48 pm

I do not mind it as it is. The atmosphere in the Canton is great most games and there have been no trouble with the kids and the away fans, I am sure the majority of away fans would like to stay where they have for the past season

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:34 am

The petition isn't to move away fans it's to move the family stand away from the away fans and move the canton to the current family stand.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:I do not mind it as it is. The atmosphere in the Canton is great most games and there have been no trouble with the kids and the away fans, I am sure the majority of away fans would like to stay where they have for the past season

If they did move them round, it would probably kill the atmosphere in the rest of the ground.

If everybody that sang was in the same corner, how quiet would the rest be!

I've been quite impressed with the Canton stand singing this season (and last)
We've shown on some occasions (Leicester last season) that we can get some fantastic atmosphere's going, but as I've said before I think a lot of it is to do with the fans having higher expectations. The majority of fans believe we can get promoted this season, most games now aren't as big as they are if we were fighting to survive. We're expecting to win most games, and expecting to score in every game.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Owain wrote:
Nathan Walker wrote:I do not mind it as it is. The atmosphere in the Canton is great most games and there have been no trouble with the kids and the away fans, I am sure the majority of away fans would like to stay where they have for the past season

If they did move them round, it would probably kill the atmosphere in the rest of the ground.

If everybody that sang was in the same corner, how quiet would the rest be!

I've been quite impressed with the Canton stand singing this season (and last)
We've shown on some occasions (Leicester last season) that we can get some fantastic atmosphere's going, but as I've said before I think a lot of it is to do with the fans having higher expectations. The majority of fans believe we can get promoted this season, most games now aren't as big as they are if we were fighting to survive. We're expecting to win most games, and expecting to score in every game.

Owain, There is NO ATMOSPHERE IN THE REST OF THE GROUD ???

Re: Change the Family stand and Canton - Petition

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:47 pm

INTERESTING DEBATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:27 pm

I’ve signed the petition. I was surrounded by people asking stewards where their seats were yesterday with shocked looks on their faces as about 10 of us sang songs. We need the away fans as a nucleus to get the more vocal city fans singing again. It was Cardiff v Swansea and the place was dead?????? It worked with the old Grange End and A Block and I hope it works in the new stadium.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:34 pm

Done No: 398 - I wasnt going to sign it, but after this weekend and being out sung all game by them lot it has to be changed!

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:19 am

Signed :ayatollah:

I sit in the family stand with my brother however I would rather see the atmosphere improve and its not good having the away fans/travelling freakshows :D next to kids