Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Change the Family stand and Canton stand at the CCS Petition

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:36 pm

ive signed it m8 best of luck :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:36 pm

I will not be signing this petition untill you come up with arguements that do not contradict themselves.
In your first point you have stated that hooliganism is no longer a problem at the CCS, so if that is the case there is no reason why the family stand should not stay where it is.
In your second point you have stated that you are concerned about foul and abusive language and the fact that young children will be effected by what they see and hear. Which to me says there still is a very aggressive element of support within the stadium. So i believe your arguement is flawed.
If you swap the family stand how will the familes of away supporters with their young children feel having flack from both sides. Ninian Park had many complaints from families of away supporters complaining about the abuse from both sides of the away stand and felt it to be very intimidating.
In the away stand at CCS there is a section for families near our family stand where they can watch the game in relative peace, if you move the stands this will be lost.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Number 168 :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:37 pm

Quite simply, I don't want it to happen - new stadium, new fans , new generation - New World!

I wonder how many people in the family enclosure want to change.

anyone mind if we start a petition to maintain the status quo at the CCS?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:51 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:I will not be signing this petition untill you come up with arguements that do not contradict themselves.
In your first point you have stated that hooliganism is no longer a problem at the CCS, so if that is the case there is no reason why the family stand should not stay where it is.
In your second point you have stated that you are concerned about foul and abusive language and the fact that young children will be effected by what they see and hear. Which to me says there still is a very aggressive element of support within the stadium. So i believe your arguement is flawed.
If you swap the family stand how will the familes of away supporters with their young children feel having flack from both sides. Ninian Park had many complaints from families of away supporters complaining about the abuse from both sides of the away stand and felt it to be very intimidating.
In the away stand at CCS there is a section for families near our family stand where they can watch the game in relative peace, if you move the stands this will be lost.

The main problem is that our family stand isnt big enough. Swapping ends would enable a bigger capacity for families which surely is in the clubs interests.
What should happen is that the away supporters be given about half of the grange stand near to the Grandstand.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Just signed!

The atmosphere and singing will improve

The kids will be out of earshot and eyeline of all the naughty antics!!

WIN WIN
:ayatollah: :old:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:I will not be signing this petition untill you come up with arguements that do not contradict themselves.

The main problem is that our family stand isnt big enough. Swapping ends would enable a bigger capacity for families which surely is in the clubs interests.
What should happen is that the away supporters be given about half of the grange stand near to the Grandstand.

so you would want the exact same set up as Ninian Park, with the Grange End split in 2 parts, so essentially cutting the home seating allocation in half, how would you sell this to the season ticket holders in the canton stand when they find they cannot renew their season ticket because you have cut half the seats. If i am misunderstanding what you you are saying please correct me.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:12 pm

so you would want the exact same set up as Ninian Park, with the Grange End split in 2 parts, so essentially cutting the home seating allocation in half, how would you sell this to the season ticket holders in the canton stand when they find they cannot renew their season ticket because you have cut half the seats. If i am misunderstanding what you you are saying please correct me.[/quote]
Basically have a similar set up to NP. However you gain by losing the segregation in the corners of the current away stand. Put visiting families into the part nearest the Grandstand.

Regarding current season ticket holders give them a choice as to where they move.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:13 pm

I can hardly be bothered to reply to this as it won't happen. I sit in the Grange End. I enjoy sitting there and don't want to change. There were particular reasons why the stadium was laid out like it is and these have not changed. I very rarely hear language from away fans that I would be concerned about with my 10 year old. So please stop this nonsense and leave us alone!

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:19 pm

What I like about This Topic is, its giving ALL City Fans a Chance to give THEIR DIFFERENT OPINIONS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:so you would want the exact same set up as Ninian Park, with the Grange End split in 2 parts, so essentially cutting the home seating allocation in half, how would you sell this to the season ticket holders in the canton stand when they find they cannot renew their season ticket because you have cut half the seats. If i am misunderstanding what you you are saying please correct me.

Basically have a similar set up to NP. However you gain by losing the segregation in the corners of the current away stand. Put visiting families into the part nearest the Grandstand.

Regarding current season ticket holders give them a choice as to where they move.[/quote]

so what would you do with the away end car park, and where would all the away fans park in safety, and how would you deal with bubble trips a straight swap would be more feasable but impractical due to the unwanted hostility by innocent football supporters and families.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:24 pm

The point about increasing the size of the family stand is, of course, a rather large red herring.

We all know the real reason why certain supporters want the ends swopped so can one of the signatries to this petition please be honest?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Claude Blue wrote:The point about increasing the size of the family stand is, of course, a rather large red herring.

We all know the real reason why certain supporters want the ends swopped so can one of the signatries to this petition please be honest?

FFS Claude. Hooliganism in grounds is largely a thing of the past. Having our vocal support closer to the away fans would enhance the atmosphere.

If you dont like what is posted on this board go elsewhere.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:The point about increasing the size of the family stand is, of course, a rather large red herring.

FFS Claude. Hooliganism in grounds is largely a thing of the past. Having our vocal support closer to the away fans would enhance the atmosphere.

If you dont like what is posted on this board go elsewhere.

WELL SAID Gareth :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Apologies. I was led to believe that all viewpoints were welcome on here!!!!

Being told to go elsewhere is hardly enhancing the debate.

All viewpoints welcome as long as you agree with Gareth. Oh, and Annis!!

I was right all along.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Apologies. I was led to believe that all viewpoints were welcome on here!!!!

I was right all along.

No I Respect Your View points, But you always seem to make out that its ALWAYS about hooligans etc, why cant you debate in more other topics as well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Apologies. I was led to believe that all viewpoints were welcome on here!!!!

I was right all along.

All viewpoints are welcome Claude. Its your belittling attitude on here that gives your views little credit on here.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:54 pm

I've not mentioned hooliganism in this thread - you and Gareth have made that assumption.

Incidentally, if you care to check the thread on lowest away support you will see that I have contributed!!

So there!!!!! Sorry, that's a little belittling!!

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:02 pm

If the singers, shouters and atmosphere makers that are now sited in the Canton Stand (and feel left out of things), why didn't they buy seats in the Ninian Stand - near the away supporters - when they had the chance when the ground was first open.
I think everyone had the choice ?

As someone who sits in the new Grange (family) End I can tell you that the atmosphere there is very good (a milllion times better than the old Ninian family spar/canton end). They do make a noise - granted possibly not swearing that often, but they do enjoy themselves and sing too.
Also we can clearly hear the Canton stand singing and making a noise so I do not really see what extra atmosphere will be made by swapping stands.

Assuming that the people wanting to swop stands claim that the Family Stand does not contribute to the atmosphere, swopping them to the other end will only put all the "atmosphere" at one end and have a black hole at the other (family stand)....would it not ?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:36 pm

I was right all along.

You always seem to have an agenda though Claude and that is that everything on this board revolves around hooliganism and you use every opportunity to bring up hooligan issues.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Ffs. Geez. If the kids moved over to the other end they would same amount. However the canton end moving across would double their noise. There would be no trouble in this move, but the atmosphere would go through the roof.

Re: Sticky: Change the Family stand and Canton - Petition

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Meant to say the kids would sing the same amount

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:53 pm

I can't see the club ever agreeing with it, and I'm not sure whether it needs to be done to be honest.
The atmosphere has been pretty poor in several games, but at the same time it's been electric in others.

I think there are several reasons, largely due to the large increase in supporters, fans sitting in different areas, and more importantly we've got much higher expectations and higher standards. If we were playing well above our potential, and going into the games as underdogs I think the atmosphere would be a lot better than as it is now. Most of us are expecting promotion, and we're expected to win most games.

We had some great atmospheres at Ninian, but especially in the last season it was pretty poor to be honest.
I think it's a case of the grass being greener on the other side!

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:22 am

Well said mate. Your spot on.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:25 am

There were complaints from Families after the Millwall and Bristol C home games, the families were Abused by them.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:28 am

There would be a lot more complaints if they moved the family stand. But it aint gonna happen so no worries.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:34 am

The Ratcatcher wrote:There would be a lot more complaints if they moved the family stand. But it aint gonna happen so no worries.

Prob wont, but if they get 5,000 Sigs, you never know.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
The Ratcatcher wrote:There would be a lot more complaints if they moved the family stand. But it aint gonna happen so no worries.

Prob wont, but if they get 5,000 Sigs, you never know.

It would have been helpful if those signing the petition gave their fan numbers so that any duplication of signatures could be eliminated and those signing are clearly shown to be actual fans. Otherwise there is a risk that people who have signed don`t actually go to games on a regular basis but are just mates of those who do .

Before anyone has a go at me , I am not suggesting that anyone has made up names to sign on the petition , but just that it would carry more weight if all signatories could be shown to be actual regular fans who use the Canton end.

Keith

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:46 pm

I think the best solution would be for the club to set up a singing block for season tickets so anyone who wants to bounce around and chant can be together in the ground. Therefore the singers from the ninian and the canton can get together and we would have a wall of noise coming from a specific area which would prob be louder than different stands chanting.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:05 pm

pathetic petition...leave it as it is.