Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MARK HUDSON

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Once again mark was the rock of the defence last night and also set up chopra's goal and has gotten better and better this season

Yet cardiff fans STILL give him shit if he makes 1 mistake yet if bellamy makes a mistake there isnt the moans about him making it (im only going by what i hear from my season ticket and what i hear stood at away games)

i have hudson on the back of my shirt and at many games this season people have either come up to me slagging me off "why have you got him he is shit" "he is the worst defender ever" "do you know anything bout football" just a few of the things mindless cardiff fans have said to me

really really wish he would start getting the credit he deserves

:ayatollah:

Re: MARK HUDSON

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:10 pm

DarylCcfcEfc wrote:Once again mark was the rock of the defence last night and also set up chopra's goal and has gotten better and better this season

Yet cardiff fans STILL give him shit if he makes 1 mistake yet if bellamy makes a mistake there isnt the moans about him making it (im only going by what i hear from my season ticket and what i hear stood at away games)

i have hudson on the back of my shirt and at many games this season people have either come up to me slagging me off "why have you got him he is shit" "he is the worst defender ever" "do you know anything bout football" just a few of the things mindless cardiff fans have said to me

welcome mate :ayatollah:
he was quality last night, 11 players were superb last night. when he good hes solid, when he is shit, f**k me hes a disaster. he worries me because you never know which it will be, and hes not a leader, so thank god for bellamy. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:15 pm

It's a problem we've had for as long as I can remember mate.

City fans always have favourites and scapegoats. It drives me spare but you can't change it so just try to ignore the b0ll0x!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:16 pm

milly44 wrote:
DarylCcfcEfc wrote:Once again mark was the rock of the defence last night and also set up chopra's goal and has gotten better and better this season

he was quality last night, 11 players were superb last night. when he good hes solid, when he is shit, f**k me hes a disaster. he worries me because you never know which it will be, and hes not a leader, so thank god for bellamy. :ayatollah:

been on here for ages but forgot my password lol had to do a new 1 lol

he aint shit he has made a few mistakes but people only see the mistakes and forget the good stuff he does it f*cking wonds me up that people slag him off when he is a rock and has been all season

I must admit the best thing was bellamy coming and getting the arm band it seems to have taken alot of presure off him and let hudson play his game

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:17 pm

I don't really rate him but wouldn't slag you off for having hom on the back of your shirt. Problem for me is that our best partnership at centre back last season was Blake and Gerard. When Hudson came back from injury, that partnership was broken up, which, in my opinion, led directly, or indirectly, to us not going up. I know there were a few factors contributing to the play off final defeat, but I also believe this was one of them. Gerard, though, this season, has not helped his cause by coming back to pre-season training out of shape, nor did he help it by moaning about being left out of the play off final

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Howey1927 wrote:City fans always have favourites and scapegoats. It drives me spare

You could also be talking about Dave Jones here

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Howey1927 wrote:It's a problem we've had for as long as I can remember mate.

City fans always have favourites and scapegoats. It drives me spare but you can't change it so just try to ignore the b0ll0x!

i suppose im lucky im at the top on the ninian stand 1 row from the back and a few of the lads up there are sound and im slowly convicing them about him ;)

hope he gets a goal against the jacks that might stop people slagging him off lol

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:22 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I don't really rate him but wouldn't slag you off for having hom on the back of your shirt. Problem for me is that our best partnership at centre back last season was Blake and Gerard. When Hudson came back from injury, that partnership was broken up, which, in my opinion, led directly, or indirectly, to us not going up. I know there were a few factors contributing to the play off final defeat, but I also believe this was one of them. Gerard, though, this season, has not helped his cause by coming back to pre-season training out of shape, nor did he help it by moaning about being left out of the play off final

no matter how much i rate hud i must admit it was a bad move breaking up gerrard and blake up but like you said other factors contributed to it i still say on 2 players really wanted it that day that was ledley and chopra

and note i have been bred to hate the name gerrard lol :)

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 pm

DarylCcfcEfc wrote:
milly44 wrote:

been on here for ages but forgot my password lol had to do a new 1 lol

he aint shit he has made a few mistakes but people only see the mistakes and forget the good stuff he does it f*cking wonds me up that people slag him off when he is a rock and has been all season

I must admit the best thing was bellamy coming and getting the arm band it seems to have taken alot of presure off him and let hudson play his game

i personally never slag a player off in a blue shirt, apart from greedy players or players who dont give 100% even thats very rare. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 pm

DarylCcfcEfc wrote:
Howey1927 wrote:It's a problem we've had for as long as I can remember mate.

i suppose im lucky im at the top on the ninian stand 1 row from the back and a few of the lads up there are sound and im slowly convicing them about him ;)

hope he gets a goal against the jacks that might stop people slagging him off lol

He got one last year, hasn't seemed to make much difference.

I agree with you by the way, he's the latest in a long line of City players to be the scapegoat.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Howey1927 wrote:City fans always have favourites and scapegoats. It drives me spare

Fair point and a couple of people have been frozen out as a result. But we are in our strongest position ever now (in my 25 years of watching em anyway) so the 11 out there must be doing something right!

I'll only criticise if there are basic errors or if they're not putting in the effort but there is no one player I'll ever single out, the same as I won't single out a player for praise.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Howey1927 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Fair point and a couple of people have been frozen out as a result. But we are in our strongest position ever now (in my 25 years of watching em anyway) so the 11 out there must be doing something right!

I'll only criticise if there are basic errors or if they're not putting in the effort but there is no one player I'll ever single out, the same as I won't single out a player for praise.

With all the stick our defence get, and this season some of it has been deserved, I was surprised to see our defensive record is bettered only by QPR. That came as quite a surprise to me, but a nice surprise

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:47 pm

last season the only player I slagged off was Kelvin Etuhu..

never gave 100%, totally shit, a waste of a city shirt.

I actually rate Hudson, I think he has been really good this season :ayatollah: much improved after last season :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:35 pm

Once again mark was the rock of the defence last night and also set up chopra's goal and has gotten better and better this season

Suppose you could say he passed to a player in an offside position so in theory could have given possession away :lol:

He played very well last night but thats nothing new, we all know he is capable of it....the worry is we know another mistake is just around the corner

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Question for you - If you could go back to last year would you have still signed him ??

My answer is no !!!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:45 pm

he is inconsistent, and unlike bellamy's mistakes, they dont cost us goals. but I agree, when he's good... he is good.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:41 pm

lol@daryl i see you still got the hudson tee-shirt you mugg.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:59 pm

I totally agree.

Mcnaughton has had a few dodgy games by his standards but i'd never dream of giving him grief yet some fans are waiting fora Hudson error and you can see their disapointment when he does something good!!

Also Jay gets shit sometimes which REALLY bugs me, he is to us what Henry was at Arsenal - game changing class who on occasion makes the wrong choice but that is him.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:41 pm

fair play to you for standing your ground. I disagree with you. But as for mugging you
off for wearing a Hudson top?? Never. I take my hat off to you!!

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:18 am

lol@daryl i see you still got the hudson tee-shirt you mugg.[/quote]

you mugg????

how am i a mugg??

explain please

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:21 am

taffyapple wrote:

fair play to you for standing your ground. I disagree with you. But as for mugging you
off for wearing a Hudson top?? Never. I take my hat off to you!!

course i know everyone is alowed there own views mate they pay there money and ta mate lol good to know someone wont lol

wonder if i had bellamy on it they would say the same??? i dout it

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 am

:shock: Hudson is a tit IMO :shock:

Nice one for wearing the top though, :thumbup:

Where the flucking hell is Riggot? Any news? :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:42 am

I remember Darren Purse was a disaster waiting to happen most of the time but he always used to get praise for giving 100%. I loved Darren Purse, purely for that reason, so it seems, in hindsight, a little harsh to focus all our attention on Hudson for his mistakes.

And, when Riggott is fit, will that be the end for Gabor? Or will the competition improve his and Hudson's consistency?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:37 pm

I think the problem that some people have with Hudson is that he is not as good / consistant than our previous CB's - Roger, Gabbs, Collins etc...

I think that we have been spoilt over the past few seasons and we just expect this position to be one of our best. DJ must rate him with the price he paid and the job he gave him (captain) so maybe we can put some faith in and back him. Is he a confidence player that needs our backing and support ????? He is the best we have at the moment so lets just get behind everyone of them

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Imo i find Hudson to be hot and cold :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:44 pm

Hudson has 1 great game every now and again the rest of the time he's not so great, its just not consistent enough, He's not very tough for a centre back either and he cant run very fast

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:56 pm

DarylCcfcEfc wrote:lol@daryl i see you still got the hudson tee-shirt you mugg.

you mugg????

how am i a mugg??

explain please[/quote]

its me curt who else would abuse you on a forum lol