Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE NEW CARDIFF SONG NOW FINISHED !!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:19 am

OK HERE IT IS GUYS THE NEW SONG YOU ASK ABOUT
IF SUNG AS IT SHOULD BE WITH GREAT FEELING THIS WILL SOUND AMAZING

I WILL DO MY VERY BEST TO GET DOWN THERE AND SHOW YOU MY BEST HOW TO SING IT! WE GOT THE CHORUS OK, NOW HEAR ARE SOME OF OUR OWN WORDS I WROTE LAST NIGHT, IT WILL FIT WITH THE TIMMING OF THE SONG SO DONT WORRY.

WORDS BY ROY. COLLEY, ALL MUSIC & CHORUS WORDS BY DAFYDD. IWAN

WERE THE FAMOUS CADIFF CITY , WE WEAR A SHIRT OF BLUE

WERE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY, WERE WELSHMEN STRONG AND TRUE

WERE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY, WITH A BLUEBIRD ON OUR CHEST

WERE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY, WERE BETTER THAN THE REST

CHORUS

Ry'n ni yma o hyd,
Ry'n ni yma o hyd,
Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth,
Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth
Ry'n ni yma o hyd.
Ry'n ni yma o hyd,
Ry'n ni yma o hyd.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

HOPE YOU LIKE IT GUYS,! IF NOT TELL ME AND MAYBE I CAN CHANGE IT, BUT I TRY IT WITH THE MUSIC AND IT SOUND GREAT ! BUT ONE BIG PROBLEM GUYS I DONT HAVE PRINTER TO PRINT OUT COPYS, SORRY :(

Re: THE NEW CARDIFF SONG NOW FINISHED !!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:33 am

welshcitydragon wrote:OK HERE IT IS GUYS THE NEW SONG YOU ASK ABOUT
IF SUNG AS IT SHOULD BE WITH GREAT FEELING THIS WILL SOUND AMAZING

I WILL DO MY VERY BEST TO GET DOWN THERE AND SHOW YOU MY BEST HOW TO SING IT! WE GOT THE CHORUS OK, NOW HEAR ARE SOME OF OUR OWN WORDS I WROTE LAST NIGHT, IT WILL FIT WITH THE TIMMING OF THE SONG SO DONT WORRY.

WORDS BY ROY. COLLEY, ALL MUSIC & CHORUS WORDS BY DAFYDD. IWAN

WE'RE THE FAMOUS CADIFF CITY , WE WEAR A SHIRT OF BLUE

WE'RE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY, WE'RE WELSHMEN STRONG AND TRUE

WE'RE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY, WITH A BLUEBIRD ON OUR CHEST

WE'RE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY, WE'RE BETTER THAN THE REST

CHORUS

Ry'n ni yma o hyd,
Ry'n ni yma o hyd,
Ry'n ni yma o hyd.
Ry'n ni yma o hyd,
Ry'n ni yma o hyd.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

HOPE YOU LIKE IT GUYS,! IF NOT TELL ME AND MAYBE I CAN CHANGE IT, BUT I TRY IT WITH THE MUSIC AND IT SOUND GREAT ! BUT ONE BIG PROBLEM GUYS I DONT HAVE PRINTER TO PRINT OUT COPYS, SORRY :(

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:37 am

first good effort mate. i would say tho that 4 lines of we are the famous cardiff city is a bit much so maybe change 1 or two of them but other than that good effort :D

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:41 am

What music does it go to? Is it a song or something you have come up with yourself?

Good effort though mate! We need a few more welsh song's to sing, would really make us unique! :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:46 am

themadhatter wrote:What music does it go to? Is it a song or something you have come up with yourself?

Good effort though mate! We need a few more welsh song's to sing, would really make us unique! :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSiU1HrVjUw

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 am

a horse with no name wrote:
themadhatter wrote:What music does it go to? Is it a song or something you have come up with yourself?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSiU1HrVjUw

Cheers mate! Will have to wait till my boss is out of the office though! :lol:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:09 am

WELL IT ALL FITS WITH THE MUSIC ,
BUT OK TRY THIS !

WERE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY WE WEAR A SHIRT OF BLUE

WERE FROM THE LAND OF CYMRU, WERE WELSHMEN STRONG AND TRUE

YES!! WERE CARDIFF CITY , WITH A BLUEBIRD ON OUR CHEST

OUR HOMELAND IS IN WALES , WERE BETTER THAN THE REST
CHORUS
Ry'n ni yma o hyd,
Ry'n ni yma o hyd,
Ry'n ni yma o hyd.
Ry'n ni yma o hyd,
Ry'n ni yma o hyd.
OK GUYS HOW IS THAT I CHANGE THE WORDS FOR YOU

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:23 am

mate thats quality fair play to you good effort. one thing i have found with starting off chants is its best to start singing the chrous then the verse then the chorus again as usually the chrous is the loudest bit that we sing so more people will hear it. we should all print about 20 copies and hand them out in the ninian on satuday and sing it before the game as it is easier to learn the words if less people are there and when more people know the words more will catch on. but overall very good effort mate we need something new for the ccs its so true wat brizzle city sung to us "sing when ur away you only sing when ur away" so fair play to you for making new songs and trying to change it :D :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:38 am

IM GLAD YOU LIKE IT, WE NEED TO SORT OUT A LOAD OF GUYS TO TRY IT OUT ! IF ITS SUNG RIGHT IT WILL SOUND AMAZING AT THE GAMES HOME OR AWAY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:37 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:IM GLAD YOU LIKE IT, WE NEED TO SORT OUT A LOAD OF GUYS TO TRY IT OUT ! IF ITS SUNG RIGHT IT WILL SOUND AMAZING AT THE GAMES HOME OR AWAY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Think you will be better off starting it at an away game, perhaps Reading. More people sing there and if it does catch on they will then try it at home.

Just a thought fella :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Top song by the way, likes it.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:38 pm

get in touch with the echo or something, or the guys that run the programme and tell them to print the lyrics.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:22 pm

Had an email asking if I had more words, Well I have but it sound more like a Rhym.

WERE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY WE WEAR A SHIRT OF BLUE

WERE FROM THE LAND OF CYMRU, WERE WELSHMEN STRONG AND TRUE

YES!! WERE CARDIFF CITY , WITH A BLUEBIRD ON OUR CHEST

OUR HOMELAND IS IN WALES , WERE BETTER THAN THE REST

YES ! WE HAVE LEEKS AND DRAGONS, AND SINGERS LIVE NEXT DOOR

BUT WE ALL COME TO CARDIFF , TO SEE CHOPS & BOOTHROY SCORE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Whooops sorry, should be , Bothroyd

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:39 am

what happened with this! get it poppin

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:51 am

I got a song

Englands Number 20, Englands Englands Number 20 :lol:

WHen the weather improves might wear my blue england number 20 shorts down the ground :o

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:53 am

they should atleast start playing yma o hyd, someone email the club tell them to start playing it!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Maybe the club can help out by putting sheets of paper on every seat with the song lyrics on it? Just a thought. :ayatollah:

The O Hyd song & Men of Harlech on it. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Love this when played before a Welsh game, maybe a translation would be a good idea so people know what they are singing and can sing it with more passion

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:02 pm

WHY THE HELL SHOULD A WELSH CLUB CARDIFF CITY, NEED TO SING IT IN eNGLISH ? FOR GOD SAKE WE ARE WELSH! ITS ONLY THE CHROUS WE NEED TO SING. LETS BE A LITTLE ORIGIANL , IF YOU NEED TO SING IT IN eNGLISH TO GET MORE PASSION INTO IT, THEN YOU CANT BE WELSH , GO SUPPORT SPURS!! WHAT THE HELL MORE PASSION WOULD A TRUE WELSHMAN NEED, THAN TO SINF A WELSH SONG IN WELSH ?

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Who said sing it in English, I said translate it so people who dont speak Welsh know what they are singing in Welsh

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:32 pm

THERE IS A LINK ALREADY THERE THAT TAKES YOU TO HEAR IT AND THE WORDS ARE THERE ALSO