Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My best memory of ninian park!

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:05 pm

We had all the thrils of the lovely lady ninian. I can only recall from the early 90's! My dad took me to watch my first game against burnley at home! I was in the disabled area! To the left of the canton end! I could see the bob bank on the left, which was all standing at the time. I remember looking over and thinking, I wish I was there with all the singing and atmos. I think we lost that day. I think it was 1 nil. From that day I was hooked and enjoyed cutting the vouchers out of the echo. Or as people may say the eggo! Just to get in for a quid or something. If I remember right the higher up the league we were then the more you would pay! From the burnley game I got used to watching the mighty city sat just under the camera where the filming and the atmos would be amazing! I remember taking my city top off and swinging it above my head whilst nathan Blake scored that amazing goal against man city in the cup! Also the touch line full with the greatest fans in the world ready to run on at the final whisEtle! Remember Wrexham at home with about 20 k only reason was we were getting Luton tickets!! Then you have the Leeds famous game. I was in the grange and I will never forget that day! But towards the end I never forget the whole ground singing to the Sunderland fans who supported in numbers as we were beating them 4 nil! Newcastle you'll never play them again you'll never play them again! Amazing ground amazing times! The ccs is our new ground now and I love it it looks amazing! I will never forget the good lady but will sing my heart out in the canton end regardless what other folk think!! Come on city! Sorry if the grammer is shit!?? :ayatollah:

Re: My best memory of ninian park!

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:23 pm

Leeds game by a mile for me, as soon as the game finished I knew we would never see a game like that again....since we have been to Wembley 3 times and had massive other games (recently Leicester in the play/offs I felt was special) but nothing is near that of the FA Cup leeds game. I can still watch that game DVD and not get bored, had everything in it including an amazing atmosphere.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:30 pm

That night/or day was the best feeling ever! We have to remember Leeds were top of the prem and doing well in chapions league! We were the start of there demise!!! Fingers, toes and ball sacks crossed for Monday! Mate

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:34 pm

After our game Im pretty sure they went on for months without a win.
Cant wait for Monday, be a real game :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Remember ernie rubbing some shit in SAMs eyes on sky! The comentator says "Sam please do not swear" ha hA :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:27 am

Too many to list....but I do remember in te late 70's and early 80's we had a habit of fecking up a number of opponent's promotion in end of season games.

The one I remember most was Brighton and Hove Albion coming to Parc Ninian for the final game of the season needing a draw to go up. As ever, we played out of our skins when it didn't really matter and won the game 3-1 with the great (if little)Tony Evans scoring a couple....and he might even have had a hat-trick(??)

I think we might have done something similar to the again the season after....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:31 am

Canton stand baz wrote:We had all the thrils of the lovely lady ninian. I can only recall from the early 90's! My dad took me to watch my first game against burnley at home! I was in the disabled area! To the left of the canton end! I could see the bob bank on the left, which was all standing at the time. I remember looking over and thinking, I wish I was there with all the singing and atmos. I think we lost that day. I think it was 1 nil. From that day I was hooked and enjoyed cutting the vouchers out of the echo. Or as people may say the eggo! Just to get in for a quid or something. If I remember right the higher up the league we were then the more you would pay! From the burnley game I got used to watching the mighty city sat just under the camera where the filming and the atmos would be amazing! I remember taking my city top off and swinging it above my head whilst nathan Blake scored that amazing goal against man city in the cup! Also the touch line full with the greatest fans in the world ready to run on at the final whisEtle! Remember Wrexham at home with about 20 k only reason was we were getting Luton tickets!! Then you have the Leeds famous game. I was in the grange and I will never forget that day! But towards the end I never forget the whole ground singing to the Sunderland fans who supported in numbers as we were beating them 4 nil! Newcastle you'll never play them again you'll never play them again! Amazing ground amazing times! The ccs is our new ground now and I love it it looks amazing! I will never forget the good lady but will sing my heart out in the canton end regardless what other folk think!! Come on city! Sorry if the grammer is shit!?? :ayatollah:

*Grammar :D
Just jokes. Id have to say leeds aswell, the ground was electric and it was the first time id sat in the grand stand, down in A block. what a day

Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:13 am

The Douce wrote:
Canton stand baz wrote:We had all the thrils of the lovely lady ninian. I can only recall from the early 90's! My dad took me to watch my first game against burnley at home! I was in the disabled area! To the left of the canton end! I could see the bob bank on the left, which was all standing at the time. I remember looking over and thinking, I wish I was there with all the singing and atmos. I think we lost that day. I think it was 1 nil. From that day I was hooked and enjoyed cutting the vouchers out of the echo. Or as people may say the eggo! Just to get in for a quid or something. If I remember right the higher up the league we were then the more you would pay! From the burnley game I got used to watching the mighty city sat just under the camera where the filming and the atmos would be amazing! I remember taking my city top off and swinging it above my head whilst nathan Blake scored that amazing goal against man city in the cup! Also the touch line full with the greatest fans in the world ready to run on at the final whisEtle! Remember Wrexham at home with about 20 k only reason was we were getting Luton tickets!! Then you have the Leeds famous game. I was in the grange and I will never forget that day! But towards the end I never forget the whole ground singing to the Sunderland fans who supported in numbers as we were beating them 4 nil! Newcastle you'll never play them again you'll never play them again! Amazing ground amazing times! The ccs is our new ground now and I love it it looks amazing! I will never forget the good lady but will sing my heart out in the canton end regardless what other folk think!! Come on city! Sorry if the grammer is shit!?? :ayatollah:

*Grammar :D
Just jokes. Id have to say leeds aswell, the ground was electric and it was the first time id sat in the grand stand, down in A block. what a day

You are hardly one to correct grammar if you can't get your own right!! I'd x 2, and leeds needs a capital L, aswell is two words. what needs a capital W if it is after a full stop. :D :D :D

Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:28 am

all the promotions from 83 onwards
leeds and man city in the cup
wales games... scotland 85 was a night to remember
i loved the night games who remembers chelsea in the league cup 86 ish less than 8000 there but what an atmosphere

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:17 am

without doubt, standing in the grange behind the goal for the trouncing of the, then premiership leaders in the FA cup. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:34 am

the leeds game was without doubt the best atmosphere iv ever witnessed, the only game that comes close was leicster in the play off semis last year

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:41 am

For atmosphere Leeds Home in the FACUP :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Otherwise All Our Promotions Days Since I started Supporting them in 1972 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:54 am

Forever Blue wrote: Otherwise All Our Promotions Days Since I started Supporting them in 1972 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

1972 your showing your age now annis, :lol: i started going in the early 90's and iv loved every minute of it, york city away was a great day when leo fortune west scored a hatrick, i have the echo in front of me monday april 23rd 2001 headline 'GOING UP'
centre page special pics from the game and theres a big pic of me smack bang in the centre !

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:56 am

ristey1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote: Otherwise All Our Promotions Days Since I started Supporting them in 1972 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

1972 your showing your age now annis, :lol: i started going in the early 90's and iv loved every minute of it, york city away was a great day when leo fortune west scored a hatrick, i have the echo in front of me monday april 23rd 2001 headline 'GOING UP'
centre page special pics from the game and theres a big pic of me smack bang in the centre !

:lol:

Ristey, The Away games have always been the Best for me, Even though Ninian Park will Always be My Favourite place. Your a lot younger than me lol, So plenty of time to visit many grounds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:03 am

yeah iv done quite a few over the last 15 years and theres plenty more to come, theres nothing more exciting as a 16 year old lad than getting off a train in the middle of london with your mates not knowing what to expect, then trying to make your way to the ground via buses, tubes or taxis proper exciting, nobody seems to go on the trains anymore they all go on coaches :(