Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If we went up how would you feel if !!

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:55 pm

The Jacks went up as well ? Do you think it would be good for Welsh football ? Do you think it would benefit the National side.
Now i know a lot of English supporters dont want us in the Premier as they have said to me its the English Premier not Welsh, how would they feel if there were two teams in there showpiece Premier league ?
I love the Welsh Derby and its one game that gets me really buzzing. If even we were in the Premier it would be one game that would still stand out,I dont get people who say it doesnt matter to them because i saw different when the final whistle went when we beat them last season, And i want more of those days.
debate please :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: If we went up how would you feel if !!

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:00 pm

If there is one thing better than a welsh team in the premiership, It is two of them :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:07 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The Jacks went up as well ? Do you think it would be good for Welsh football ? Do you think it would benefit the National side.
Now i know a lot of English supporters dont want us in the Premier as they have said to me its the English Premier not Welsh, how would they feel if there were two teams in there showpiece Premier league ?
I love the Welsh Derby and its one game that gets me really buzzing. If even we were in the Premier it would be one game that would still stand out,I dont get people who say it doesnt matter to them because i saw different when the final whistle went when we beat them last season, And i want more of those days.

Squire, I would love the two of us in the Prem.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:19 pm

IF WE WENT UP, I DONT GIVE A MONKEYS ABOUT THE SWANS, IF THEY COME UP WITH US THEN GOOD, MY PROBLEM IS THE INCREASED CROWDS WE WILL GET,,,,, NO ,THERE NOT CARDIFF FANS THERE THE GLORY HUNTERS, GOING AWAY TO WATCH,MAN URE,LIVERPOOL ETC,PRETENDING TO BE LONG LIFE CITY FANS

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Wouldn't mind to hear Annis and Carl's views on this. I just dont believe fans on both sides when they say it doesnt matter to them. The Atmosphere against the Shitheads the other week does not say to me they are our main rivals because you would not get a shit atmo against the Jacks like that game.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:20 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The Jacks went up as well ? Do you think it would be good for Welsh football ? Do you think it would benefit the National side.

Would be pleased if the Jacks went up on our shirt tails for the reasons you state. Would still dislike their supporters with a vengence (because they are truly ignorant) but it would be good for Welsh football....

However, as my first (and only) concern is for my beloved Bluebirds to get to the top table then personally I really couldn't give too much of a toss about the Jacks other than the two games we play them each season....up until now!!

As for the English and their anti-Welsh bias, I would point out that we've been in there longer than a lot of them (we even stole their cup for a year and almost got their First Division Championship) so we've certainly earned the right to be accepted if we prove good enough this year....and the last time I looked the name at the top actually says simply: "The Premier Leaugue" with no mention of the word 'English' (unlike the Jocks who CLEARLY state "SCOTTISH Premier League")

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:20 pm

ninianblue wrote:IF WE WENT UP, I DONT GIVE A MONKEYS ABOUT THE SWANS, IF THEY COME UP WITH US THEN GOOD, MY PROBLEM IS THE INCREASED CROWDS WE WILL GET,,,,, NO ,THERE NOT CARDIFF FANS THERE THE GLORY HUNTERS, GOING AWAY TO WATCH,MAN URE,LIVERPOOL ETC,PRETENDING TO BE LONG LIFE CITY FANS

It should only go to Platinum season ticket holders Chief.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:23 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Would be pleased if the Jacks went up on our shirt tails for the reasons you state. Would still dislike their supporters with a vengence (because they are truly ignorant) but it would be good for Welsh football....

However, as my first (and only) concern is for my beloved Bluebirds to get to the top table then personally I really couldn't give too much of a toss about the Jacks other than the two games we play them each season....up until now!!

As for the English and their anti-Welsh bias, I would point out that we've been in there longer than a lot of them (we even stole their cup for a year and almost got their First Division Championship) so we've certainly earned the right to be accepted if we prove good enough this year....and the last time I looked the name at the top actually says simply: "The Premier Leaugue" with no mention of the word 'English' (unlike the Jocks who CLEARLY state "SCOTTISH Premier League")

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah i hate there supporters as much as you do that is why we love the Derby matches. Why do we look forward to the Leeds game ? Because of the hatred between our fans f*cking LOVE IT :lol:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:27 pm

would rather they went up the following season :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:30 pm

I don't really care who goes up to be honest, if it has to be them, then we'd need to finish above them, keep them in their rightful place which is always lagging behind us.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
ninianblue wrote:IF WE WENT UP, I DONT GIVE A MONKEYS ABOUT THE SWANS, IF THEY COME UP WITH US THEN GOOD, MY PROBLEM IS THE INCREASED CROWDS WE WILL GET,,,,, NO ,THERE NOT CARDIFF FANS THERE THE GLORY HUNTERS, GOING AWAY TO WATCH,MAN URE,LIVERPOOL ETC,PRETENDING TO BE LONG LIFE CITY FANS

It should only go to Platinum season ticket holders Chief.

i think times will change, those people upstairs in the grandstand,,,,,,,, which are empty now, will take big ticket allocations, its going to change our club, yeah, prawn sandwiche brigade,,,

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:36 pm

I hate the jacks, but if we went up for some weird reason I'd be pleased if they came up too.

One thing no-one seems to have picked up on is it would be a massive kick up the arse for egg-chasing in South Wales.

On the other hand if we missed out I'd hate it if they went up.

by the way this is the highest the lowest of the 2 of us have ever been (if you know what I mean).

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:06 pm

I think it would be really good for welsh football if we both went up {never thought id say that about the jacks :lol: }