Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Watching Jonathan Owen's video

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:09 pm

and the one thing that stood out for me was when he mentioned how Cardiff City unites all South Wales like no other sport only six nations rugby.

I think Jonathan is spot on there.

Re: Watching Jonathan Owen's video

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Magners wrote:and the one thing that stood out for me was when he mentioned how Cardiff City unites all South Wales like no other sport only six nations rugby.

Cardiff City Does Unite South Wales, except for Newport.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Magners wrote:and the one thing that stood out for me was when he mentioned how Cardiff City unites all South Wales like no other sport only six nations rugby.

Forever Blue, I worked in Llanwern steelworks for 6 years. The Newport men in their 50's and 60's support Newport & Cardiff. The Newport men in their 40's and late 30's support Newport and hate Cardiff. Newport boys in their early 30's and younger support Cardiff.

This is only what I can reflect on after working in Llanwern, the rest of Newport may think different. I also noticed there is a nasty dislike between Newport and the Gwent Valleys. Where as with Cardiff and the Glamorgan Valleys I think there is banter, but not dislike. Cardiff City may be the reason for this.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Magners wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Forever Blue, I worked in Llanwern steelworks for 6 years. The Newport men in their 50's and 60's support Newport & Cardiff. The Newport men in their 40's and late 30's support Newport and hate Cardiff. Newport boys in their early 30's and younger support Cardiff.

This is only what I can reflect on after working in Llanwern, the rest of Newport may think different. I also noticed there is a nasty dislike between Newport and the Gwent Valleys. Where as with Cardiff and the Glamorgan Valleys I think there is banter, but not dislike. Cardiff City may be the reason for this.

Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Those in there late 30's and 40's Def Hate US .