Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My Day At Millwall and The Hammers

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:44 am

On Thursday this week I had a day off whilst working in London, so took the opportunity to visit two grounds I have never been to The new Den and Upton Park. Having a brass neck I decided to ask if there was any chance of a look around at both clubs and was surprised that both clubs gave me a private tour, the nice guy at Wall showed me everywhere whilst I got to walk up the players tunnel at Upton. It gave me a feeling that football is a family regardless of who your loyalties lie with. The guy at the Den whispered to me as I left "Good luck to the Bluebirds" :ayatollah:

Re: My Day At Millwall and The Hammers

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:19 am

I really enjoy going to both grounds.
Also Ive watched them play each other at both ground, Awsome Atmosphere :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: My Day At Millwall and The Hammers

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:51 am

I have to say I didn't particularly enjoy my first visits to either but it was the old Den in 1977, I was 15 and although I'd seen a bit of trouble I'd never seen anything as bad but we did win 2-0. At Upton Park in 1979/80 our coach arrived late for some reason and all we saw was the smashed coach windows and broken glass by the pub on the corner and we nearly went in the wrong end it was only because I was paying for 2 that I spoke and the bloke on the turnstyle told me. When we got in, the first thing I noticed was no fence just a line of very busy coppers although it was dodgy I did enjoy the atmosphere and we drew 1-1. I went back to the Den a year or so later and although it was rough I was older and wiser and enjoyed the atmosphere. I think NP must have been just as intimidating for away fans.