Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fred Keenor story

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:50 pm

I don't know if this has ever been discussed before, but Fred's story would make an excellent film. In fact anyone who has read anything of the 1927 squad will realise that there were several stories worth telling about the players, 2 of whom tragically committed suicide.

With the success of the single, and ths story being more widely known, and with the input of Jonathan maybe someone could be persuaded to pursue the idea.

Who would play the squad members?

Re: Fred Keenor story

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:53 pm

CayoBluebird wrote:I don't know if this has ever been discussed before, but Fred's story would make an excellent film. In fact anyone who has read anything of the 1927 squad will realise that there were several stories worth telling about the players, 2 of whom tragically committed suicide.

With the success of the single, and ths story being more widely known, and with the input of Jonathan maybe someone could be persuaded to pursue the idea.

Who would play the squad members?

I agree, It would make an excellent story/film, pm Jonny Owen. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:55 pm

i will play Fred Keenor if u want ;)

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:56 pm

Jonny Depp can play Fred ! :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Its a pity they are now too old, but good actors to play Fred or other members of the squad, considering there were lots of scots and irish in the team would have been Daniel Craig, Sean Bean and Gerald Butler. I think players were ugly bruisers in thsoe days rather than the pretty boys that grace the Prem now.