Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Woman gives Cardiff fans get the Red Card

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:38 pm

Apologies if this has already been posted - Im a little slow reading my Observer and last night got around to reading the Magazine. Anyone else see that nonsense form Eva Wiseman - here is a link - ignore the beginning about breasts and skip to the martyr on the train. bit http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... ll-breasts

Ive just emailed her with this...

I refer to your article in Sundays Observer. At best it is lazy journalism, at worst amounts to peddling of prejudice and promotion of stereotypes. I always thought The Observer above such criticism.

Your headline infers that its those pesky football fans are at it again, picking on poor defenceless women but big up to the sisterhood eh - she stood firm and conquered. "I might get a T shirt made" ends your article. May i suggest that you do a little research on the outcome of the story and in future not use the Observer as a vehicle for promoting your view of Cardiff/football fans. Your article presents a picture of knuckle dragging fan; I wont spoil the story for you but leave it to you to work it out. Stereotypes - perhaps your T shirt will say "takes one to know one".

Still annoyed
ElGwapo

Re: Woman gives Cardiff fans get the Red Card

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Well done mate, that journo bitch is a F**cking idiot, wonder if she,ll have the bottle to send you a reply ? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Re: Woman gives Cardiff fans get the Red Card

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Top work fella