Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The match fixing allegations

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:03 pm

If these are actually true, this will need to show a major change in the way players work e.g. with agents.

If there are match-fixing allegations - The players were, quite obviously, involved. If they are as widespread as they make out, then this means a huge network of players are/were involved in match-fixing.

Generally, a player is as thick as two planks. If this is the case, this generally leads me to assume that it is in fact the agents that are doing the match fixing. I've always hated agents, so this claim could be uncalled for but I'm just making assumptions.

I personally think Cardiff have nothing to do with this - However, with the likes of the Riddler involved in our club, who knows what he was telling certain players/players agents to get them involved in match-fixing.

Re: The match fixing allegations

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Dafydd wrote:If these are actually true, this will need to show a major change in the way players work e.g. with agents.

If there are match-fixing allegations - The players were, quite obviously, involved. If they are as widespread as they make out, then this means a huge network of players are/were involved in match-fixing.

Generally, a player is as thick as two planks. If this is the case, this generally leads me to assume that it is in fact the agents that are doing the match fixing. I've always hated agents, so this claim could be uncalled for but I'm just making assumptions.

I personally think Cardiff have nothing to do with this - However, with the likes of the Riddler involved in our club, who knows what he was telling certain players/players agents to get them involved in match-fixing.

Newspapers making mischief again!! If there was ever a hint that 'fixing' was part of the game you'd lose 90% of the supporters overnight....unless they support Man Utd; where it'd take them 10 years to realise the prawn sandwiches were stale and the football match had already been won before a ball had even kicked off!!

There's have to be so many people involved you'd have to shhot them to keep quiet afterwards because "there's always one that'll let the cat out of the bag" (usually a Jack!!)