Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

macphail signs 2 yr contract.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:10 am

on official site

Re: macphail signs 2 yr contract.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:14 am

ngriffiths wrote:on official site

DJ has been working hard, but is Macphail good enough for the Premier ?

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:17 am

I dont think so but if we do make it then and he wants to ship him out to another championship club we can get a small fee but then if we dont make it we have not lost a very good championship player

Clever bit of business I would say

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:18 am

mcphail isnt good enough to start every game in the prem but, we will need a squad of about 25 players, mcphail will good back up and some one who can come in and do a job in league cup games etc and when people are injured. just need jay, burkey and matthews and we got a full hit!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:20 am

Dobbin wrote:I dont think so but if we do make it then and he wants to ship him out to another championship club we can get a small fee but then if we dont make it we have not lost a very good championship player

Clever bit of business I would say

Fair shout Dobbins :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:50 am

I think Mcfail is a Premier League player who struggles in the burly burly of congested midfield areas in the Championship. He would probably struggle against some of the physical sides like Stoke.
Similarly I think that our keepers would look better in the Premier league as there is less crowding of the keeper and jostling on corners etc.
Bosco

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ngriffiths wrote:on official site

DJ has been working hard, but is Macphail good enough for the Premier ?

If you look back to recent cup games against Premiership opposition, Steve McPhail hasn't let anyone down. Personally, I believe his game is more suited to the space of the Premiership and think this is good business indeed....

Bigest issue is Jay Bothroyd. We really need to pull out all the stops to tie him down to a new contract, even if there is a clause that he can go for a pre-agreed fee if we fail to go up....

Burkey?? Just a matter of thime on that one, I think....