Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OK THEN, PLEASE ALL TELL ME IF WE WERE

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:47 am

PROMOTED, Who would out of OUR SQUAD PLAY IN THE FIRST 11 IN THE PREMIERSHIP ?
Plus would you keep any for the Premiership Squad ?

Re: OK THEN, PLEASE ALL TELL ME IF WE WERE

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:51 am

whitts chopra bellamy bothroyd olifinjana drinkwater, we can sign the loan players when we go up :ayatollah: we need a new back 5 for the premeir, malasians need to splash the cash if we go up

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:59 am

streamfeeder wrote:whitts chopra bellamy bothroyd olifinjana drinkwater, we can sign the loan players when we go up :ayatollah: we need a new back 5 for the premeir, malasians need to splash the cash if we go up

burke and mcnaughton would be fine aswell.and with a little coaching marshall and heaton :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:03 am

keep - Marshall, Heaton, Mcnaugton, Naylor, Blake, Hudson, OLi, Drinkwater, Burke, Whitts, Matthews, Chops, Jay, Bellamy, Mcphail, would then need around 8-9 players to accomplish these and make a decent squad to hopefully stay up.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:PROMOTED, Who would out of OUR SQUAD PLAY IN THE FIRST 11 IN THE PREMIERSHIP ?

What do you mean 'IF' Annis!!??...it's when!!!

NEGATIVE ALERT!! NEGATIVE ALERT!!!! :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:PROMOTED, Who would out of OUR SQUAD PLAY IN THE FIRST 11 IN THE PREMIERSHIP ?

This is a great question as in the last 5 seasons only one club has failed to gain automatic promotion after gaining 23 points after 11 games, sadly that was Cardiff City who failed after gaining 26 points after 11 games, however we had a good starting 11 but little depth in the squad back in 2006/2007.

We have depth in the squad this year but I do believe we will need to further build on the squad in January, to maintain to the promotion push and develop the squad for the PL.

Of the current squad I would say Heaton, Marshall, McNaughton, Blake, Matthews, Burke, Olifinjana, Whittingham, Drinkwater, Bellamy, Chopra, Bothroyd would be players we need to keep. Koumas, Riggott and Keogh need game time before we will know if they can contribute to the squad.

I think players like Quinn, Taiwo, Hudson, Gypes, Naylor, Rae and McPhail need to be moved out and replaced with better players of PL quality.

This will be the big test of the Malaysians resolve as surely we need to be doing a lot of business, both in and out of the club in January, to reach the PL. When we get there, and I believe we will, we will then need to increase squad numbers to closer to 30 from our current 22 to compete effectively in that league. Also we will need a reserve team as I believe you automatically enter the PL reserve league. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:44 am

Blazing Saddles wrote:

What do you mean 'IF' Annis!!??...it's when!!!

NEGATIVE ALERT!! NEGATIVE ALERT!!!! :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

OK Prob :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:49 am

OK i would go with who wouldn't be good enough. Naylor, Hudson, Gypes, Rae, Taiwo, Mcphail i am unsure of as he might be more suited to the Prem as he would have more time on the ball. He really struggles in the Championship in my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:31 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:OK i would go with who wouldn't be good enough. Naylor, Hudson, Gypes, Rae, Taiwo, Mcphail i am unsure of as he might be more suited to the Prem as he would have more time on the ball. He really struggles in the Championship in my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now thats Guaranteed :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Hudson!!!!

SCOTTISH Premiership, of course....not OURS!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Bothroyd, Bellamy, Burke, McNaughton, Oli and maybe Chopra, Whitts, Marshall & Blake.

Ohh and Taiwo............. ok that was i lie, Not Taiwo. :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Annis the only ones in my opinion who would cut it in the premier are:-
oli
jay
bellamy
chops
whitts
burke
super mc
possibly blake

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:22 pm

cityone wrote:

Annis the only ones in my opinion who would cut it in the premier are:-
oli
jay
bellamy
chops
whitts
burke
super mc
possibly blake

I forgot h20

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:42 pm

I would say ...
Heaton
Mcnaughton
Mathews(with a bit of game time)
Oli
H20
Whitts
Burke
Bellamy
Chopra
Bothroyd
Would definitely need two solid centre backs. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:19 pm

I might sound harsh but many of the current squad have previously been released by Prem clubs...
Jay has improved hugely and Bellamy of course... other than that?

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:35 pm

burke on form, jay, chops, whitts, darcy, kev, oli.. and maybe bellamy.. im not sure about that one

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:40 pm

I would keep these in the squad.

Heaton
Mcnaughton
Marshall
Oli
Whitts
Bellamy
Chopra
Bothroyd
Blake