Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WE ONLY SING WHEN WE SCORE "

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:18 am

I sit in 117, and yes we were quiet when we went 2 down. But after that it was non stop. Too much is being made about the atmosphere being shit. BCFC were quiet from 8 mins onwards.

Today was the best this season. 2 weeks time will be better, 3 weeks time against jack shits will be awsome...

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:40 am

blueheaven wrote:I have said this before and will say it again the atmosphere is down to us fans and the problem is in the CCS that there are probably as many fans singing as there were at Ninian Park but they are spread all around the ground. The solution i think is to make Sections 117 and 116 singing sections and be a bit more tolerant about standing in these sections. :ayatollah:

I sit in 116 approx' 6 rows behind you Annis and although myself and a few around me were singing the fans behind us rarely sing so if you don't want to sing move into a more central area of the Ninian stand and move the singers into 116 and 117 this should generate a better atmosphere but i don't know how practical it would be to implement?

I wish they would all move away from Our Area, Down by US, We All want to sing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:38 am

A few points on this.

When we were losing 2-0 there was very little from our lot.

It picked up for 10-15 mins after we scored but wasn't great for the rest of the half.

After we equalised it got much better - the goading of David James was pretty awesome - I doubt he's ever had such a loud rendition of 'England's No 1' anywhere. Even my kids were standing on their seats chanting :lol:

Unfortunately many of our songs involve pretty bad language - its hard singing 'we f'ckin hate the West Country' when you are at the game with your kids !

The crowd still seems very mixed, around by us are plenty of older guys and a fair few families - t might take a long time for things to settle.

Also, there was nowhere near 22400 there today. The supposedly 'sold out' family stand for example was only about 80% full. Thats the problem with morning k.o.s many kids play their games on Saturday mornings so have to kiss the match.

Finally I think we are getting a bit spoilt - people seem to want to sit back and be entertained rather than fire, force, encourage the team to succeed. A lot of the boys with passion are getting on now as well and can't sing for more than 5 mins - see 'When Saturday Comes' by Nick Hornby :lol: There is a great comment in there about the loss of atmosphere at Highbury.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 am

get over it and stop moaning ...the stadium is ours now and ninians gone yes we all loved it but its no more now ....and its aint the ground its the fans,the other thing if we didnt have this ground we would have no chance of the players we,re getting and we wouldnt have the malaysians!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Biggest problem is people not coming until 5 minutes after KO then going for a pint at 35 minutes, then not coming back until 50 minutes.
I was amazed at the amount of people walking out at 82 minutes, standing there in Canton watching the Bob Bank emptying with ten minutes to go in a nailbiting local derby pisses me right off. It was like a river of people leaving.
All this kills atmosphere.
Plus all the people getting fuckin burgers after 20 minutes? WTF!
:evil: :evil:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:19 pm

griff105 wrote:Biggest problem is people not coming until 5 minutes after KO then going for a pint at 35 minutes, then not coming back until 50 minutes.
I was amazed at the amount of people walking out at 82 minutes, standing there in Canton watching the Bob Bank emptying with ten minutes to go in a nailbiting local derby pisses me right off. It was like a river of people leaving.
All this kills atmosphere.
Plus all the people getting fuckin burgers after 20 minutes? WTF!
:evil: :evil:

TBH that fookes me off big time as well :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
blueheaven wrote:I have said this before and will say it again the atmosphere is down to us fans and the problem is in the CCS that there are probably as many fans singing as there were at Ninian Park but they are spread all around the ground. The solution i think is to make Sections 117 and 116 singing sections and be a bit more tolerant about standing in these sections. :ayatollah:

I sit in 116 approx' 6 rows behind you Annis and although myself and a few around me were singing the fans behind us rarely sing so if you don't want to sing move into a more central area of the Ninian stand and move the singers into 116 and 117 this should generate a better atmosphere but i don't know how practical it would be to implement?

I wish they would all move away from Our Area, Down by US, We All want to sing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Isn't that exactly what the club DON'T want?
If they wanted the atmosphere to be the same / better than at Ninian, they wouldn't have arranged the stands as they have.

As for being more tolerant to standing, forget it. They made it very clear that standing wouldn't be tolerated anywhere other than in the Canton Stand, and I can't see them going back on that.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:16 pm

Not enough fans want to join in. I'm in 117 and we get a few chants going but it ends quickly due to the lack of numbers joining in.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:IN THE CCS :cry: :cry:

EVEN BRISTOL CITY FANS LAUGHED AT US and JOKED AND SANG HOW BAD WE WERE :cry:

But I have to admit a much improved Atmosphere from the Millwall game, BUT SURELY AGAINST MILLWALL and BRISTOL C, Big Games, it should be an AMAZING ATMOSPHERE WITH 23,000 CROWDS ?

ALSO CITY SCORED 3 GOALS From 2 NIL DOWN, SO WE CANT BLAME THE PLAYERS TODAY AS THEY HAD FIGHT IN THEM.

Sorry But I stand By This Statement at Home games. :cry:

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:03 pm

i agree with forever blue. sometimes when u go to start singing, (my own personal experience) , you feel bit feckin daft sometimes as you feel like people are looking at you, as if to say what the feck are you doing! everythings different these days, wot with your flat pack stadiums and familys everywhere see. like one of the boys said on an earlier post, most of the good ol chants are packed with expletives and maybe dont want to say em in front of their kids or missus like. the amount of looks ive had off birds over the years when ive dared to use the "c-word" in front of em is countless! fuckin winds me up! football is and always has been about all the boys going and letting off steam and having a good sing song goes part and parcel with that in my book! rant over! :ayatollah: