Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " JASON KOUMAS "

Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Damned Yank wrote:what was he like today?

only had 15 mins, but seemed lively enough, almost scored at the end :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:03 pm

we looked a bit more dangerous when mcphail went off

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:49 pm

The Douce wrote:we looked a bit more dangerous when mcphail went off

we looked very dangerous when mcphail was on (for the wrong reasons)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:21 pm

Koumas is quality. I am sure he will come good for us, but needs the right shape around him to allow him to perform. If he is used right and a team played to give him the right role he can deliver passes with the craft that chopra and bellamy should thrive on.

Burke on the other hand is going backwards at an alarming rate and could find himself out of contention if it carries on.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Don't agree with that. McPhail was pretty good in midfiels and got a couple of really good tackles in during the game and saved a few blushes more than once when our central defenders (Gyepes had the worst game I've seen him play) constantly missed of gave the ball away to the opposition....

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:I was a Massive Fan of Jason Koumas last time he played for us.

Has he so far managed to show any of his potential This Season ?
If Not by Now should he have ?
Are we carrying him ?
Are you happy with him ?
Does he Need more time ?
Is he No different than the rest of the team and its just WE expect more from him ?

Opinions Please

in my opinion he like an invisable man at the momeant when he comes you wouldnt know he hascome on but if he wants to stay hes got to dig in hope it happens for him on his day awsome .i think we will have to wait this one out

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:55 am

GREAT DEBATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

More here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24289 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:06 pm

shadwellblue wrote:Koumas is quality. I am sure he will come good for us, but needs the right shape around him to allow him to perform. If he is used right and a team played to give him the right role he can deliver passes with the craft that chopra and bellamy should thrive on.

Burke on the other hand is going backwards at an alarming rate and could find himself out of contention if it carries on.

I agree with the Koumas view, but not really about Burke.

I think Burkey is getting back to beating his man at pace and causes near choas when he gets near the opposition box. He is the only one that does something different.

Everyone has a different view on players - a lot depends on where you sit in the ground , and if you go to away games (which don't). I think the different views are great for discussion like this, as long as they don't get too personal and abusive.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:18 pm

How anyone can think Burke is not playing well is beyond me. Everything went through him and Super Kev!

Whittingham was lucky as fcuk he scored those goals coz he did fcuk all else. He passed the ball straight to their players about a dozen times!

And a couple of people having a go at McPhail further up this thread need to grow up. He didn't put a foot wrong on Saturday. Why do our supporters have to have their scapegoats?

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Howey1927 wrote:How anyone can think Burke is not playing well is beyond me. Everything went through him and Super Kev!

Whittingham was lucky as fcuk he scored those goals coz he did fcuk all else. He passed the ball straight to their players about a dozen times!

And a couple of people having a go at McPhail further up this thread need to grow up. He didn't put a foot wrong on Saturday. Why do our supporters have to have their scapegoats?

I will explain my Burke comment. He tends to get knocked off the ball a lot giving away possession which tends to be when we are moving forward so can be very dangerous allowing the counter. He also has a tendency to do a lot of runs forward without delivering a decent ball at the end of it. My own opinion is he faded at the end of last season and has not played to his potential this season on a regular basis.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:36 pm

He may not be hitting the absolute highs of last season but he's still pretty much our most dangerous player going forward. He goes past players like they are not there. (Like JK used to given how this thread started!)

Burkey did get knocked off the ball a few times on Saturday, you're right there, but I thought he was unlucky not get a few free kicks too.

Him and Super Kev looked superb for me!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:04 pm

not been impressed by what i've seen of him....

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:49 am

How is he these days :?:

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Don't agree with that. McPhail was pretty good in midfiels and got a couple of really good tackles in during the game and saved a few blushes more than once when our central defenders (Gyepes had the worst game I've seen him play) constantly missed of gave the ball away to the opposition....

Mcphail went off injured http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/9099776.stm :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:38 am

Great Debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:57 am

JK is a prime example of CCFC having a reserve team .............. imagine how fit he would be with 5 or 6 reserve games of 90 mins under his belt ? I will give him til Christmas to prove himself but saying that then Id ask Wigan to give him a free transfer to come to us permanently to assess him for next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:03 pm

Koumas looked like he was up for it when he came on v Bristol C, lets hope he is for the Coventry game, WE BADLY NEED THE OLD KOUMAS BACK :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:53 am

I've felt Koumas has improved the last 2 games

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: