Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" JASON KOUMAS "

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:40 am

I was a Massive Fan of Jason Koumas last time he played for us.

Has he so far managed to show any of his potential This Season ?
If Not by Now should he have ?
Are we carrying him ?
Are you happy with him ?
Does he Need more time ?
Is he No different than the rest of the team and its just WE expect more from him ?

Opinions Please

Re: " JASON KOUMAS "

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:49 am

Annis Ive always been a huge fan of JK but this season he just looks like an average player in the mold of Rae and Mc Phail and has so far shown none of the skill and talent that we all know he has , I cant put my finger on it ! At the mo he's just a passenger in the squad and I personally think that come December either he goes back to Wigan or they give him to us on a free and give himself 4 months to prove to DJ he's good enough for next season .

On current form tho Im sorry to say this but I'd send him back , personally that wouldd dent his confidence coz Martinez wont play him much if at all ................... so does DJ allow him more time or not ? :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:51 am

his heads in the shed :evil: waste of space so far.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:53 am

Don't forget he's had no pre season to speak of and is playing catch up with the rest of the players. You don't become a bad player overnight keep the faith I am sure he will come good. However it would be nice to hear off Dave Jones, is it down to fitness that he is so much off the pace? or is the problem in his head? Feel free to speak Dave we would love to hear from you.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:58 am

Koumas has not showed anything yet but to get the best out of him he needs to play in a free role position just behind the front two where he can do what he wants.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:11 am

his confidence has gone.
dj needs to manage him like he did with chopra when he was low, then i think we will see the jk of old.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:17 am

im not happy with JK but i will give him a second chance and give him a bit more time (2-3 weeks) and then see what hes got and is DJ playing him in the wrong positon should he be playing in that free-role :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:53 am

When he has played the game seems to pass him by. Surely by now he should be match fit. Ramsay is recovering after a horrendous injury but I bet it wont be long before he plays for Arsenal, it is a question of desire.
I believe that Koumas is not up for the challenge and believes that the game owes him a living. He is no longer the main man at Cardiff and hardly makes the press.
It was a risk worth taking but I feel DJ is already regretting it.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:54 am

With a player with the talent that Koumas has got we have to give him more time. There is no doubt he has got nowhere near the level we now require in our first team but his season has been a bit "stop start" for him but now is the time for him to step up to the plate.

I know it is unlikely to happen but I would actually start him tomorrow. I agree with those who say that he should play in a free role but tomorrow we are playing a team at the bottom of the league who will "park the bus" but if we get an early goal there will be more. It could be the game to gamble and play Jay, Chops, Bellers, Whitts and Koumas and leave the holding in midfield to Oli :ayatollah:

Koumas is one of those players who just needs a break. An early goal for him and I think/hope we'll see a bit of what we've been missing. In the 39 years I've been going down I've never seen a player able to turn games on his own like he did numerous times in his first spell (except, possibly, Robin Friday), I think we owe it to him to give him every chance this time because if he can get to that level again we will get promoted :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:06 am

I never expected him to be near what he was when he was here last time to be honest. To be honest I really didnt expect a lot but have still managed to be disappointed. He didnt have a pre-season but then neither did Naylor who seems to have caught up very quickily.

We have to give him more time but to date this season he has done nothing at all.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:26 am

FORM IS TEMPORARY, CLASS IS PERMANENT!

Once his mindset is in the right place, we'll start seeing some of the old Koumas...

Again this is a call for a full reserve team, as players like Koumas, Matthews, etc need regular football IMO

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:I was a Massive Fan of Jason Koumas last time he played for us.

Are we carrying him ?
Are you happy with him ?
Does he Need more time ?
Is he No different than the rest of the team and its just WE expect more from him ?

Opinions Please

how the hell do we expect the guy to get match fit and produce any sort of form when we dont play any reserve games.
we should be playing behind closed doors friendlies particulary on international breaks to enable jason to get game time and some confidence.
We should remember that he played very few games for wigan last season and so is short of match practice.
nobody should expect him to come off the bench for 20 mins every three weeks and expect to see the player we had on loan last time.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:57 am

Dave Jones is a believer of NOT playing reserve games ................ so ask him ! Im fed up of e mailing TG about the benefits of a reserve team , so what do I know eh ? Im just a supporter who's seen CCFC with and without a reserve team :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:06 am

HE NEEDS A RUN OF GAMES THROUGH THE MIDDLE NOT ON THE WING!

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:13 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Dave Jones is a believer of NOT playing reserve games ................ so ask him ! Im fed up of e mailing TG about the benefits of a reserve team , so what do I know eh ? Im just a supporter who's seen CCFC with and without a reserve team :ayatollah:

exactly martyn

if we fail to win saturday he will be moaning about the fact that the players are rusty after the international break.
how you can develop your squad and bring your youth players on without a reserve team is beyond me.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:18 am

Difficult to live up to how good he was last time. We are expecting that level.

Hope he comes good. I think we really need to get behind with the Jason Koumas song.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:20 am

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:HE NEEDS A RUN OF GAMES THROUGH THE MIDDLE NOT ON THE WING!

Despite the fact his best form for us was as a winger.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:29 am

Koumas always played wide left for Wales , WBA and Wigan ................. seems to be at his best playing out there and cutting inside on his left .

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:I was a Massive Fan of Jason Koumas last time he played for us.

Are we carrying him ?
Are you happy with him ?
Does he Need more time ?

Opinions Please

i personaly think he's still got it but needs games and improve fitness as he seems a little off pace hes still got great awareness and hes had a few decent shots and passes for me to believe he will be a decent signing but probably wont see it till around/after xmas

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:14 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Annis Ive always been a huge fan of JK but this season he just looks like an average player in the mold of Rae and Mc Phail and has so far shown none of the skill and talent that we all know he has , I cant put my finger on it ! At the mo he's just a passenger in the squad and I personally think that come December either he goes back to Wigan or they give him to us on a free and give himself 4 months to prove to DJ he's good enough for next season .

On current form tho Im sorry to say this but I'd send him back , personally that wouldd dent his confidence coz Martinez wont play him much if at all ................... so does DJ allow him more time or not ? :ayatollah:

It's a season long loan.

We can't send him back.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Does he need game time ? Well he has had it in my opinion.
So what is it with JK ? In my opinion is seems that by his body language that he has fallen out of love with the game. This happens but he should not be drawing a massive wage if he doesn't want to go to work.
The first time JK was with us he was a legend, this time he has destroyed that image well and truly. If he doesn't want to play for us or anyone else then he should be honest with him self.
But ask yourselves this IS JASON KOUMAS GIVING CARDIFF CITY 100% WHEN HE IS PLAYING ? My answer is i dont think he is.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:33 pm

JK is one of my favourite players ever to grace Ninian Park, watching him come off the bench against Leeds and change the game was a moment that will stay with me. He carried a poor team who ended up with the tactic of "don't know what to do, give the ball to Jason."

At the moment it's not happening for him, but did you notice the flick he did in the middle of the park against Donnie, the passes against Burton, or those couple of turns against Hull? He still has it in him and with the right attitude would have played at a far higher level than he has before. Thinking about JK makes me wonder what a nostalgic old git I've become, willing his every touch, his every shot to be the piece of magic that reignites his form and sends fear throughout The Championship.

Whatever happens, we have him now for the rest of the season, in the past we have seen what he could deliver and he now needs to sort his fitness and his head.

With the new professionalism being encouraged with the introduction of Bellamy, we aren't going to carry passengers, this is a massive season for JK professionally and he knows deep down that if he doesn't perform, he could have disappeared in to obscurity within no time at all.

He has barely played in 2 years and the standard of the division has undoubtedly improved, so he has to get back up and running, the season is a marathon, not a sprint.

So at the moment (go with me on this one for now) let's concentrate on the positives

Not many players can deliver a 50 yard pass to laces in this division and JK is one of the only players who can, once he is up and running, scored a couple of goals and got up to full fitness he can come good again. With such attacking players in the squad as JK, Bellamy, Chopra, Burke, Whitts and Jay it means we can score goals, goals and a few more goals, it also means other teams beware!!

I have a sneaky (if extremely optimistic) feeling that come the latter half of the season he will have found his form and will be playing as well as we know he can. I can't wait to hear stadium announcers around the land saying his name as he has found the net again, or seeing his colleagues running over to him to thank him for the pass that set the goal while we,the fans are singing his name.

Come on City fans, be patient, JK will come good.

On the other hand his legs might have gone and he might be a f'ing disaster, but hey ho, thats City, I prefer the dream.

:ayatollah:

Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:37 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Don't forget he's had no pre season to speak of and is playing catch up with the rest of the players. You don't become a bad player overnight keep the faith I am sure he will come good. However it would be nice to hear off Dave Jones, is it down to fitness that he is so much off the pace? or is the problem in his head? Feel free to speak Dave we would love to hear from you.

This is the whole problem for Cardiff City supporters. He has NOT become a
bad player overnight. He's been away for years and his form and career have
been on a steady decline ever since his first season with WBA in the Premier
League. People are remembering the Jason Koumas of old. It seems he's long
gone.

Forget reserve team games, forget match fitness. Its all about his attitude.

Its a big bad f*cking world out there and if he cant get his shit together on 10k+
a week then he'll get no sympathy from me. Said this before, this is Wales FFS...
hundreds of thousands of blokes have gone through far worse than Jason Koumas
and his 'mental state', lads out of work, unable to feed their families etc etc etc

.... nobody was giving them a hug

Koumas. How dare you waste such a talent then come looking for
a cuddle cos you 'dont feel right'

MAN UP OR SHIP OUT

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Don't forget he's had no pre season to speak of and is playing catch up with the rest of the players. You don't become a bad player overnight

I agree you dont over night but wasnt it something like 5 years since he last played a season for us? players do go down Hill over that long period and especially when they are not playing.

With regards to the reserves I think people are now making more of it than needed. It is an issue and ideally we would have one however we dont. We had a game in the international break and he didnt play anyway. He has now been with us around 3 month and he doesnt even look fit nevermind match fit.

I never did and still dont expect a player like we had last time but I still think/hope he has a lot more to offer but she should be a lot further ahead than what he is reserve team or not.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Don't forget he's had no pre season to speak of and is playing catch up with the rest of the players. You don't become a bad player overnight

I agree you dont over night but wasnt it something like 5 years since he last played a season for us? players do go down Hill over that long period and especially when they are not playing.

With regards to the reserves I think people are now making more of it than needed. It is an issue and ideally we would have one however we dont. We had a game in the international break and he didnt play anyway. He has now been with us around 3 month and he doesnt even look fit nevermind match fit.

I never did and still dont expect a player like we had last time but I still think/hope he has a lot more to offer but she should be a lot further ahead than what he is reserve team or not.

If we had the resources, and a big enough squad both with youngsters stepping
up and more experienced players coming back from injury/loss of form etc then
I think we should go for it. Right now we dont. This is one argument Dave Jones
will never win.

If we arrange more 'friendly matches' and a player gets injured he'll get slagged
off for playing lads in practice games. If we DID have a reserve team, and one
of the lads got injured in that, he'll get slagged off again.

ALL these lads are training day in day out with the rest of the first team. They
only lack 90 minute match fitness, cardio and stamina can be built up playing
little practice matches. That 'match fitness' is more to do with the pace of the
Championship game than it is actual fitness.... and it dont take 4/5 weeks!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:38 pm

No, but I wonder what difference it would have made if that one shot had gone it that he hit on the volley against Donny (I think). It it a physical problem, or a confidence problem?

Probably, but it depends on his injury situation. The club is not very honest with the fans regarding how injured players are (but then you could argue that's just because they want to keep our opponents guessing), so it's difficult to say.

Are we carrying him ?
Depends how much of his wage we're covering.

Are you happy with him ?
No

Does he Need more time ?
Well, he will have plenty.

He's clearly one of our top three midfielders in terms of talent, the question is have the injuries been too much for him? Someone else said 'form is temporary, class is permanent.' That's all well and good but if you're legs have gone, they've gone.

That's the ultimate question here: Have his legs gone? Only Kou and the club can answer that one.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Has he so far managed to show any of his potential This Season ?
No, but I wonder what difference it would have made if that one shot had gone it that he hit on the volley against Donny (I think). It it a physical problem, or a confidence problem?

Probably, but it depends on his injury situation. The club is not very honest with the fans regarding how injured players are (but then you could argue that's just because they want to keep our opponents guessing), so it's difficult to say.

Are we carrying him ?
Depends how much of his wage we're covering.

Are you happy with him ?
No

Does he Need more time ?
Well, he will have plenty.

He's clearly one of our top three midfielders in terms of talent, the question is have the injuries been too much for him? Someone else said 'form is temporary, class is permanent.' That's all well and good but if you're legs have gone, they've gone.

That's the ultimate question here: Have his legs gone? Only Kou and the club can answer that one.

Class is not permanent. Not unless you've got the legs to carry you and the
determination to give it everything you got.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Jason Koumas = An Enigma for sure, Would like to see DJ work him out, but I think he's shot....

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:32 am

He will never be the player he was the last time we had him but in time he will get better and hopefully he can prove he should have been used at Wigan.

I think he didnt play 1 full game last season or the season before that was when he was fit plus he is older so I think he still has something to offer in the championship

Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:46 pm

what was he like today?