Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TUESDAY 12th OCTOBER UPDATE

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Craig Bellamy shirts sales have now gone through the 10,000 barrier this week, when the club launched the away kit there has been a better than expected take up of away shirts and the club has been able to maximise it's profits by ading Bellamy's name to shirt.

The Bellamy signing has proved a massive hit both amongst fans on the terraces and also at the tills, helping to boost the club's coffers and help with immediate payments i.e. Feyenoord. With regards to the Loovens deal there is approx £100k owing and the club are late in making the final payment but that will be dealt with within the next few days.

Back to Craig Bellamy, his conditioning coach has spent last week and this week with Craig and the whole cost of the coaches fees are being funded by Craig himself.

I have had an interesting conversation this week with someone who is very close to Joe Ledley and I learned quite a bit about what did and didn't happen whilst Joe was with us. The massive contract offer that was made to Joe by Ridsdale was a basic wage of £10k pw and £2k appearence fee. Not quite the record breaking deal we were told that was on offer to him.

Also it must be noted that during the last 18 months of his contract, Joe was never offered a new deal until literally the last few days of his contract, this is despite Ridsdale claiming that it was in Joes hands. The situation became much worse when Joe was told in the summer that in Jan 2009 Everton had made an approach for Joe and were willing to pay £4million for his services but Ridsdale did not tell Joe of their interest.

According to this source, it is claimed that had Steve Borley or Sam Hammam been Chairman then Joe would have signed the belated contract offer but would not sign whilst Peter Ridsdale was at the club, Joe Ledley believed that Ridsdale would continue to be involved at the club despite the Malaysian investment, especially as Ridsdale had become involved in trying to strike a deal for City which would see Joe go to Stoke this summer but apparently once Joe had visited the Potteries he had no intention of signing for them.

West Brom were very keen on capturing his signature but Joe believes they would continue to be yo-yo club and would not benefit his career by going there.

Then Celtic came in and treated the player and his parents fantastically. Joe's parents were picked up in a private plane and flown to Glasgow to meet the Chairman and were told ' We want your son ! '

Celtic continued to look after his family by flying them out to America to see their Son play in a friendly. The promise of European football and a good wage plus the fact he felt he was being treated the way he feels he deserves he should be treated then it made the decision fairly comfortable for him to make.

So for all the City fans to down Joe for signing for Celtic may possubly understand a bit better part of the reasons that he did go North.

I will hopefully get more up to date news regarding injuries and the fitness of players tomorrow after the game against Bristol Rovers.

The Friday sees Peter Ridsdale receive the last of his settlement from City and will end all his ties at the club.

Re: TUESDAY 12th OCTOBER UPDATE

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Thanks for that.

How are tickets going for Sat? How many are the Wurzels bringing?

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks again for some excellent information Carl,,,, just out of interest, why did Joe not like the Potteries? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Whose this joe ledley.
Thanks for the info carl.
12k a week thank god he went to Celtic. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:13 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Thanks again for some excellent information Carl,,,, just out of interest, why did Joe not like the Potteries? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pulis would have made him work :D

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:20 pm

great update 10,000 sale of bellamy shirts they are getting in the wonga and very interesting on the ledley situation CHEERS CARL :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Cheers Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:34 pm

HOW THE f**k HAS HE IMPROVED HIS CARREER going to celtic ffs :lol:

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:39 pm

Like most people, I was angry at the Ledley fiasco. I got angry at his decision but on reflecting, I don't blame him, I'm just extremely pissed with the situation.

He was a class player for us (maybe not last season mind) and anyone who says otherwise is just bitter.

Gutted he left and from what I can gather, he was too. Good luck Joe, you proved you were a big game player, 2 goals at Wembley, a goal at Library stadium, won the free kick that Whitts scored in play offs, scored pen in play offs, and helped set up Chops winner against the Jacks.

And congrats to you and Ruby on your new arrival :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:42 pm

glad riddler is almost gone for good

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:Craig Bellamy shirts sales have now gone through the 10,000 barrier this week, when the club launched the away kit there has been a better than expected take up of away shirts and the club has been able to maximise it's profits by ading Bellamy's name to shirt.

The Bellamy signing has proved a massive hit both amongst fans on the terraces and also at the tills, helping to boost the club's coffers and help with immediate payments i.e. Feyenoord. With regards to the Loovens deal there is approx £100k owing and the club are late in making the final payment but that will be dealt with within the next few days.

Back to Craig Bellamy, his conditioning coach has spent last week and this week with Craig and the whole cost of the coaches fees are being funded by Craig himself.

I have had an interesting conversation this week with someone who is very close to Joe Ledley and I learned quite a bit about what did and didn't happen whilst Joe was with us. The massive contract offer that was made to Joe by Ridsdale was a basic wage of £10k pw and £2k appearence fee. Not quite the record breaking deal we were told that was on offer to him.

Also it must be noted that during the last 18 months of his contract, Joe was never offered a new deal until literally the last few days of his contract, this is despite Ridsdale claiming that it was in Joes hands. The situation became much worse when Joe was told in the summer that in Jan 2009 Everton had made an approach for Joe and were willing to pay £4million for his services but Ridsdale did not tell Joe of their interest.

According to this source, it is claimed that had Steve Borley or Sam Hammam been Chairman then Joe would have signed the belated contract offer but would not sign whilst Peter Ridsdale was at the club, Joe Ledley believed that Ridsdale would continue to be involved at the club despite the Malaysian investment, especially as Ridsdale had become involved in trying to strike a deal for City which would see Joe go to Stoke this summer but apparently once Joe had visited the Potteries he had no intention of signing for them.

West Brom were very keen on capturing his signature but Joe believes they would continue to be yo-yo club and would not benefit his career by going there.

Then Celtic came in and treated the player and his parents fantastically. Joe's parents were picked up in a private plane and flown to Glasgow to meet the Chairman and were told ' We want your son ! '

Celtic continued to look after his family by flying them out to America to see their Son play in a friendly. The promise of European football and a good wage plus the fact he felt he was being treated the way he feels he deserves he should be treated then it made the decision fairly comfortable for him to make.

So for all the City fans to down Joe for signing for Celtic may possubly understand a bit better part of the reasons that he did go North.

I will hopefully get more up to date news regarding injuries and the fitness of players tomorrow after the game against Bristol Rovers.

The Friday sees Peter Ridsdale receive the last of his settlement from City and will end all his ties at the club.

I had a feeling Joe wasnt quite the tw*t Ridsdale painted him out to be. He never sold this club
down the river at all. As for 10,000 Bellamy shirts... incredible

The sleeping giant that is Cardiff City is not awake yet, but f**k me its restless, and is tossing
and turning in its sleep :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:45 pm

thanks for the udate carl, but Joe is still a very silly young man !
he's PLAYING in a lower league. (as far as im concerned)
lets be honest the SPL IS FUK ALL .....
And my final point is , Joe said I WANT TO PLAY IN THE PREMIERSHIP..................

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:52 pm

joe knew him going to stoke would be his downfall, he would be found out and would come crashing back to to the lower leagues

by going to celtic he knows its shit compared to the championship, so he thought he'd shine like a star, then after a while of taking huge wages from celtic a prem club might come calling

all of its failed and backfired for him so far

arghh well :lol:

Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:19 pm

I didnt believe Ridsdale over Joe at anytime as I hate Ridsdale .

But I still think Joe made a mistake going to Celtic and Im glad he didnt go when Ridsdale was there as that money
would have gone in ridsdale bank account with all the Roger Johnson Aron Ramsay Chris Gunter the FA cup and our early season tickets money went.

I wish Joe luck though just think he made a mistake at Celtic in that silly league the SPL

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:00 am

Thanks Carl....clarity of information as always :P

Last sentence makes it for me....as one American President once said: "Read my lips....no more Ridsdale!!" :lol:

As for Joe?? Informative indeed and does shed some light on the situation; particularly the Everton thing. However, I was critical of Joe's move to the Mickey Mouse League of two teams and four games per season and this does not change my opinion. Indeed, it sort of emphasises my conclusions at the time that Joe's move was ill-thought out and money-orientated.

Good news on the Loovens fee problem. I was confident WM&E were trouble-making again and it was all in hand. The Malaysians haven't let us down yet.... ;)

Thanks again and keep up the good work :) :) :) :) :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: "Is a matress full of money worth the ecstacy of helping your home town team to the Prem??" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:03 am

The uncertainty about the club's future caused by Ridsdale's shenanigans is ample reasons for Joe to have sought a way out. Ridsdale needs to shoulder most of the blame with the rest belonging to those who should have been monitoring him considering his history,

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:17 am

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:The uncertainty about the club's future caused by Ridsdale's shenanigans is ample reasons for Joe to have sought a way out. Ridsdale needs to shoulder most of the blame with the rest belonging to those who should have been monitoring him considering his history,

I dont know who to believe anymore ............ Ridsdale with his lies etc or Ledley and his agent ?? Good riddance to both and well done to both for allowing a Bosman to happen and CCFC get nothing ! Ledley's gonna be a very rich man playing sub - standard football IMO and he may get another crack at Europe next season who knows , already his Welsh performances are going downhill .

1 final thing why was Gethin Jenkins slated so much on this board for his part in the Stoke deal breaking down when its now clear that the decision was totally Ledley's ?

Anyway onwards and upwards and thanks for the updates Carl :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:26 am

I play golf with someone who is friends with a Prem Welsh footballer, who else plays golf with us now and again. Said a very similar thing to Carl regarding Ledley

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:54 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
Gerry Hat Trick wrote:The uncertainty about the club's future caused by Ridsdale's shenanigans is ample reasons for Joe to have sought a way out. Ridsdale needs to shoulder most of the blame with the rest belonging to those who should have been monitoring him considering his history,

I dont know who to believe anymore ............ Ridsdale with his lies etc or Ledley and his agent ?? Good riddance to both and well done to both for allowing a Bosman to happen and CCFC get nothing ! Ledley's gonna be a very rich man playing sub - standard football IMO and he may get another crack at Europe next season who knows , already his Welsh performances are going downhill .

1 final thing why was Gethin Jenkins slated so much on this board for his part in the Stoke deal breaking down when its now clear that the decision was totally Ledley's ?

Anyway onwards and upwards and thanks for the updates Carl :ayatollah:

Completely agree with you as Ridsdale, Joe and his agent are equally responsible for CCFC losing out on compensation. Ridsdale failed by not providing Joe with an improved contract offer 60 days before 1st January 2010, Joe and his agent sat back and allowed this to happen knowing full well that he would be a free agent to any "foriegn club". Joe and his agent used this to get the best possible deal from Celtic, which whilst being legal showed complete disregard for the club which helped develop him. That's what I will find most difficult to forgive Joe for but as you said onward and upward.

Also agree about GJ as I believe he has done and continues to do a good job for the club, hardly a week goes by without another local business signing up to a commercial deal. Ridsdale all but destroyed the clubs relationship with local business so well done Gethin on recovering that situation. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:40 pm

I don't think we've missed Joe. He has his reasons for moving on and while I;ve no time for PR, I would take much of what is said with a pinch of salt on both sides.

10,000 shirt sales is fantastic.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:00 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:HOW THE f**k HAS HE IMPROVED HIS CARREER going to celtic ffs :lol:

Perhaps he likes the fishing up there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Excuse me....but the first sentence is B*ll*cks and the second irrelavent :(

No one man is bigger than the club and Joe didn't work with Ridsdale every day, so contract negotiations apart (and Joe appears to have left those to his greedy agent) he didn't really need to have anything to do with the Chairman.

He (Joe) worked with Dave Jones and his coaching staff on a daily basis....not to mention his fellow players and the fans that supported him as a local lad from Day One. What loyalty to them?? As far as I can see, he got on well with Jonesy (fast becoming a rarity!! :lol: ) and let him down too; despite Dave's "I don't blame him" public stance.

Money apart, I bet he (Joe) wishes he'd stayed. He'd have certainly reaped the benefits this season on the playing front....if he could get in the side (and his Wales performance on Friday would suggest that would be no formality)

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Surely the most concerning factor of Carls post is that bellermy is funding his own recuperation? Does that suggest that the club does not see it as an investment or is it that Craig is not wanting to impinge upon Cardiffs finances?
Either way no player would be subsidising something that is not a make or break situation. If it was the case that he would be fit by xmas then the club would pay, it seems indefinate to me.

We need Chops back firing, anything else is a bonus.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:46 am

CHEERS Carl LOOKING FORWARD TO THE BIG UPDATE THIS MONDAY COMING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: