Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: We have sold 10k+ season tickets sor far

Tue May 07, 2024 8:10 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I have big doubts about this amount of sales so far as it’s come from Dalman & Choo??

Last Season:

On June 5th/6th 2023, when Bulut was appointed Dalman told the media 11 - 12,000 had been sold at that time. He then predicted sales would rise to 18,000 saying

Mehmet Dalman:

"I reckon we will sell 18,000 (season tickets). I have got a couple of other announcements to make," Dalman said. "Erol and I have got a few more announcements to make that I think will make the fans happy."

By August we sold just over 14,000 season tickets.

After Xmas we had 14,600.

Reminds me a bit of the time in the Sam years when one of our home games at Ninian Park clashed with or was played just a few hours before an egg international in Cardiff.

Sam bullishly predicted in the media that football was far more popular than the egg and that we would geta crowd of 18,000 despite the fact that the egg was on straight after the match had finished.

When the attendance was read out over the tannoy towards the end of the game it was given as exactly 18,000 much to the amusement of the 10,000 or so fans in the ground at the time.

Certainly never a dull moment during Sam's time at the club!

Interesting fact west ham have full house attendance announced but in fact there's 14k missing fans at games ! Precisely what happens at city 14,600 St is always starting point no matter how many stay away ... club always get 4k+ general ticket sales every game hence appears less fans than officially stated