Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Yesterday many fans were saying Vincent Tan wants Dave J

Mon May 06, 2024 10:46 am

tangledupinblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:I and many others are not going back to watch city until Tan and his cronies have fucked off.

I know so many like you. And now possibly more if Bulut stays.
Terrible owner
Terrible manager

:lol:

Top half finish.

Terrible football, terrible stats, one tactic (defensive yet shipped 70 goals) that he never changes, I’ve spoke to fans of other clubs , they are puzzled by this stubbornness and zero adaptability. Sticking to this rigid formula even when there are teams there for the taking or worse when we are behind. You simply can’t have that in the modern game, which yes, equals a terrible manager. He stays, we go backwards , dividing our fans rather than uniting them, you may want this dirge in our anniversary year, so many of us do not. Even out managed by Wayne Rooney, humiliated by Rotherham and the worst derby performance at Jackland. Clearly, points (no matter how we earn them ) are more important to you than quality, entertainment and style of play. Your personal preference, fair play, I have mine. We both want the revolving door to stop, but even your fellow Bulut supporters are regularly criticizing the one tactic and the style of play and also are now saying they have changed their mind on him . And not just because of Rotherham.

Like I said, criticise his tactics if you want. I disagree but can respect that opinion.

However, calling him a terrible manager is just wrong because we finished in the top half.

Mon May 06, 2024 10:48 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:If he backs Dave Jones like he did when he was last with us then why not give him a go.
Cardiff City's best days was when Dave Jones was in charge.

But this would only work out if Tan gives him the money he needs to bring quality to this team.

Sorry but you’re remembering it wrong.

First, our best days weren’t with Jones.

We might have played attacking football (because we had a lot of quality attacking players), but for two seasons in a row he had a team that was capable of finishing in the top two and failed to make it happen.

That play-off final against Blackpool was an awful day. Not just because of the result but we knew we should have already got promoted.

Second, Jones was sacked by Tan within weeks of when Tan became more involved.

It was TG who was around the club more during the 2010/11 season when once again we had a top two team with Jones and failed to get promoted.

I take what you’re saying about the ‘best days’ not being under Dave jones but imo we played the most exciting football under him, mostly as you say, fine to the attacking talent we had. Dare I say it but a bit like Ipswich have been this year.

But we didn’t get promoted. We didn’t get the success we should have, which is the name of the game.

Ipswich have got the job done, that’s the difference.

Mon May 06, 2024 10:52 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:If he backs Dave Jones like he did when he was last with us then why not give him a go.

But this would only work out if Tan gives him the money he needs to bring quality to this team.

We might have played attacking football (because we had a lot of quality attacking players), but for two seasons in a row he had a team that was capable of finishing in the top two and failed to make it happen.

That play-off final against Blackpool was an awful day. Not just because of the result but we knew we should have already got promoted.

It was TG who was around the club more during the 2010/11 season when once again we had a top two team with Jones and failed to get promoted.

I take what you’re saying about the ‘best days’ not being under Dave jones but imo we played the most exciting football under him, mostly as you say, fine to the attacking talent we had. Dare I say it but a bit like Ipswich have been this year.

But we didn’t get promoted. We didn’t get the success we should have, which is the name of the game.

Think we’re talking about two different things.
Success is the number one end game, personally though, I found the football more entertaining under jones than Warnock and Malky, both who were more successful than him.

Mon May 06, 2024 10:56 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Think we’re talking about two different things.
Success is the number one end game, personally though, I found the football more entertaining under jones than Warnock and Malky, both who were more successful than him.

Yeah ideally you want both, exciting football and success.

But you don’t need exciting football to keep your job as a football manager, you do need success though.

People talk about Warnock like it was great to watch, but we all walked out of the stadium with bad necks due to the ball being in the air so much.

My favourite period (apart from being in red) was the Malky days. We played a balanced style and achieved the success.

I will always look at Dave Jones as failure, I’m afraid.

Mon May 06, 2024 11:26 am

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:I'm glad I've not renewed. I know quite a few who are staying away. The club is toxic and I've had enough of wasting my hard earned money on it.

To be fair, you are consistent in your dislike of certain things at the club; but aren't you not renewing due to your career situation rather than pure toxicity...?

Mon May 06, 2024 11:31 am

When I first read the title of this post I just laughed and thought the summer rumour period had started at a real high point !!!!!

However, thinking about it, if we’re not going to give Bulut what he wants why not go with Ramsey as manager and Jones DoF ? I’d rather that than take a punt on somebody completely new.

I know a guy who coached Ramsey at the Urdd and City very early on and stayed mates with him and he’s always said that people underestimate what an intelligent bloke he is and how he thinks deeply about the game.

So if we’re taking a gamble why not somebody like him, he’s surely got more to offer than Trollope, Morison, Hudson, Bamba ?

And many have argued for years we need a DoF so why not Jones or somebody like him ?

I do think this rumour is rubbish, by the way, but not one I would dismiss out of hand and when I speaking to a few mates in the pub about this yesterday a number of them said that they would be genuinely excited by it !!

I’m not sure I’d go that far but I’m not sure it’s the worst rumour I’ve ever heard !!!!

Mon May 06, 2024 11:48 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:I and many others are not going back to watch city until Tan and his cronies have fucked off.

Terrible owner
Terrible manager

Top half finish.

Terrible football, terrible stats, one tactic (defensive yet shipped 70 goals) that he never changes, I’ve spoke to fans of other clubs , they are puzzled by this stubbornness and zero adaptability. Sticking to this rigid formula even when there are teams there for the taking or worse when we are behind. You simply can’t have that in the modern game, which yes, equals a terrible manager. He stays, we go backwards , dividing our fans rather than uniting them, you may want this dirge in our anniversary year, so many of us do not. Even out managed by Wayne Rooney, humiliated by Rotherham and the worst derby performance at Jackland. Clearly, points (no matter how we earn them ) are more important to you than quality, entertainment and style of play. Your personal preference, fair play, I have mine. We both want the revolving door to stop, but even your fellow Bulut supporters are regularly criticizing the one tactic and the style of play and also are now saying they have changed their mind on him . And not just because of Rotherham.

Like I said, criticise his tactics if you want. I disagree but can respect that opinion.

However, calling him a terrible manager is just wrong because we finished in the top half.

So you disagree, so you like his style of football then…..Not looking for an argument or whose right or whose wrong, but your saying tactic(s) there is no plural! Its tactic! And its defensive yet look at the goals against and the amount of defeats! And it’s boring predictability is worryingly disillusioning our fans and dividing them. I’m sorry but when most of the fans in the stadium are calling to the manager to change the tactic during the game when it’s obvious that needs to happen, and he doesn’t , that is terrible management , stubbornness, along with calling out young players publicly, Blaming the ref yesterday!! He doesn’t change the tactic, because he hasn’t got another , it seems he doesn’t have experience managing an attacking tactic. One dimensional , so yeah terrible.

Mon May 06, 2024 11:51 am

We are still paying for winning the battle to turn us back to blue. Tan is once again just reminding us that he's in charge and he doesn't care if he's losing money he's just punishing us for not agreeing with him, also why he won't sell despite offers were stuck with him for the foreseeable. Still no sign of these big changes. Another load of garbage made up to get hits on this site.

Mon May 06, 2024 11:55 am

tangledupinblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

Terrible owner
Terrible manager

Top half finish.

So you disagree, so you like his style of football then…..Not looking for an argument or whose right or whose wrong, but your saying tactic(s) there is no plural! Its tactic! And its defensive yet look at the goals against and the amount of defeats! And it’s boring predictability is worryingly disillusioning our fans and dividing them. I’m sorry but when most of the fans in the stadium are calling to the manager to change the tactic during the game when it’s obvious that needs to happen, and he doesn’t , that is terrible management , stubbornness, along with calling out young players publicly, Blaming the ref yesterday!! He doesn’t change the tactic, because he hasn’t got another , it seems he doesn’t have experience managing an attacking tactic. One dimensional , so yeah terrible.

Saying I like the tactics wouldn’t be true, I would expect to see a more attacking style next season if he stays.

I am of the opinion that we don’t have the players to play an attacking style at the moment.

We don’t have full backs/wing backs with pace, our midfielders are incapable of running from one box to the other and are slow to release the ball, we still don’t have a decent goalscorer and these players just don’t have the athleticism to play that way.

The style needs to change of course but for that to happen, we need the funds to bring in the right players.

Mon May 06, 2024 1:01 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

Terrible owner
Terrible manager

Top half finish.

Saying I like the tactics wouldn’t be true, I would expect to see a more attacking style next season if he stays.

I am of the opinion that we don’t have the players to play an attacking style at the moment.

We don’t have full backs/wing backs with pace, our midfielders are capable of running from one box to the other and are slow to release the ball, we still don’t have a decent goalscorer and these players just don’t have the athleticism to play that way.

The style needs to change of course but for that to happen, we need the funds to bring in the right players.

I'm with you on this, Ned... :ayatollah:

As for Dave Jones, I was an admitted 'fan' of his time here, if not his occasional brusque character...

He was at point of leaving, our most successful manager (position-wise) and played the most atteactive style I can remember...

That (first) Malky and then Warnock came in and achieved more with less attractive (but in Warnock's words) 'winning' football is testament to 'style' not guaranteeing 'success' :ayatollah:

Mon May 06, 2024 1:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

Terrible owner
Terrible manager

Top half finish.

We don’t have full backs/wing backs with pace, our midfielders are incapable of running from one box to the other and are slow to release the ball, we still don’t have a decent goalscorer and these players just don’t have the athleticism to play that way.

You disagreed with my critique of his tactic. So I assumed that meant you were ok with it. Ok with a modern well paid manager defiantly using one tactic all season including the cups where he could have tried something. I agree with your comment about not having the players to a degree, but his 4231 can easily be transitioned into 433 or 4321 amongst others. Yes, the style needs to change, he’s had a full season to prove to his employer and us that he can do that. He has not, he’s coached the shit out of these players, wingers programmed to cut inside, one player in the box. Our points haul massively boosted by 3 derbies against awful opponents, late winners (ironically when Bulutball went out of the window) and most of all his big strength of set pieces. It’s alarming that the impression he gives is he knows no other way to play other than his one tactic. Very unusual. Predictability as well as familiarity breeds contempt !

Mon May 06, 2024 6:04 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Dave Jones would play some good football atleast depending on what money he's got although I'm guessing it's not alot anyway. We have not played flowing football like it since, let's be honest here.

I was a Dave jones fan at the time and fair play the football he played was the best we have seen but he’s been out of the game for a while know the game moves on quickly don’t see the point in bringing him back we got to move on

Mon May 06, 2024 6:34 pm

We must stop looking backwards.

Mon May 06, 2024 6:57 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:We must stop looking backwards.

As a support base, it's somewhat inevitable we reminisce and ache for the so called 'good times' but even as a fan of his footballing style at our club, I'm pretty confident Dave Jones will not be back as manager...

DoF though? Just maybe... :ayatollah:

Mon May 06, 2024 10:24 pm

This must be the big news of this summer - which we are still waiting for .... :shock:

I am all in for DJ to come back - as long as we can have Chops and Jay up top - Marshall as our number 3 keeper ...
And Rambo to go back being 20 + years old ( You can tell the football season is over ) :roll: :roll: :roll: