Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Ipswich promoted / Birmingham relegated “

Sat May 04, 2024 1:57 pm

Ipswich have been promoted to the Premier League with Leicester.

Birmingham have been relegated to League One with Huddersfield and Rotherham.

The play-off semi finals will be:

Leeds v Norwich

Southampton v West Brom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Ipswich promoted / Birmingham relegated “

Sat May 04, 2024 2:02 pm

Serves Birmingham right .... got rid if a decent manager for Rooney and downhill from there that twice done it so no sympathy..

Sat May 04, 2024 2:38 pm

That is one seriously strong play off group there. Can't remember it being so hard to call out of those 4.

I'd like to see West Brom take it, not coz I like them but coz Kipre plays there. Would be nice to see him play in a league I think he belongs in.

Sat May 04, 2024 3:52 pm

As I expected all season the magic 50 points was not enough to prevent relegation. Birmingham may feel slightly unfortunate but their Rooney decision will now haunt them. Congratulations to Ipswich, they deserve to go up with their team ethic rather than the multi-millions that others had. They will struggle though next year unless they invest massively.

Sat May 04, 2024 6:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Serves Birmingham right .... got rid if a decent manager for Rooney and downhill from there that twice done it so no sympathy..

Agreed, completely deserved.

Sat May 04, 2024 8:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Serves Birmingham right .... got rid if a decent manager for Rooney and downhill from there that twice done it so no sympathy..

Agreed.

I expect it was even sweeter for Eustace that his team winning at Leicester not only kept them up but helped sent Birmingham down.

Sat May 04, 2024 8:24 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Agreed.

I expect it was even sweeter for Eustace that his team winning at Leicester not only kept them up but helped sent Birmingham down.

Karma is a bitch! :D

Sat May 04, 2024 10:33 pm

Spot On Al - and to think 1 of his few wins was against us :shock:

Sun May 05, 2024 7:35 am

Been impressed with Ipswich both times we played them and the few times i have watched them on the TV.

They are very attacking in intent rather than just relying on individual talent. Definitely a case of the team being greater than the sum of the parts, by a long way.

Next step is much tougher

Sun May 05, 2024 10:38 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Spot On Al - and to think 1 of his few wins was against us :shock:

Nothing new we've been helping impoverished teams for years to get out of a slump.

Sun May 05, 2024 11:14 am

Delighted with both of those facts.

Well done Ipswich richly deserved. Even more so a richly deserved relegation for Birmingham. I'm sorry for their fans but not so for their hierarchy.

Sun May 05, 2024 11:20 am

I bet there would have been good odds for Ipswich auto and Birmingham relegated double!

Mon May 06, 2024 10:53 pm

SB 1927 wrote:I bet there would have been good odds for Ipswich auto and Birmingham relegated double!

Ipswich were 5-1 ( to be promoted ) - and Birmingham were 4-1 ( to be relegated ) best odds both bet365 .

The bookies had Ipswich as the 6th best team to win or go up in the championship - before a ball was kicked .