Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Federico Macheda

Fri May 03, 2024 1:27 pm

As we are playing Rotherham, City have put up past goals against them on social media - one of which was Macheda's goal in 2015.

What are peoples memories of Macheda?

I thought he was class for us and was gutted when he left but then I looked at his stats and he got 8 goals in 31 appearances. Only appeared 8 times in his second season and then went on loan.

I think I may be remembering him differently than how he actually was :?:

Re: Federico Macheda

Fri May 03, 2024 1:58 pm

He simply wasn't that good.

Scored a wonder or very important goal as a united kid if I remember and did nothing after. Had a decent career from that as one team after another thought they'd get that bit of magic out.

We have preloaded stereotype of what a top 6 kid will be like, but they are expensive and rarely deliver after the initial euphoria.

Had Solenke did anything in his career to suggest 19mill, Brewster £24 million :o Ojo !!!!!!!

At least we didn't pay anything for him but i reckon his wages would have been decent and every season after us

Fri May 03, 2024 2:09 pm

Awful player.

Got the odd goal but was very lazy.

As said above, he was living off a late winner for Man Utd when he was a kid.

Fri May 03, 2024 2:48 pm

He went to Forest on loan and their fans thought he was lazy.

Went no where with us but did score a couple of good goals of one of them is mention above against Rotherham.

Fri May 03, 2024 3:00 pm

Absolute shocking player

Lazy and completely overrated

Sat May 04, 2024 1:11 am

One of the reasons Fergienlet him go was because he was lazy and expected 1st team football at Utd. Yet another waste of talent