Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING EROL BULUT: “ THURSDAY 2ND MAY 2024 “

Thu May 02, 2024 6:21 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:
kyle08 wrote:"I can also say that I have been a guest here for one year, now I want to be part of the family. I don't want to be a guest again for one more year, I want to be part of the family for the future. If we can handle this, with good plans for the future for Cardiff City Football Club, I will be in."

how can some not want this guy as manager ? he wants the same as we do give him a 2 year deal asap

Fully accept as fans we all see things differently and that Bulut seems a decent enough fella, but I like many around me have serious concerns about his style of play or coaching ability. Never known a City side to not press as much as we do, fight as little as we do, be as narrow, play tippy tappy sideways and backwards shit, not cross the ball and even when we do, no bugger is ever in the box to get on the end of it.
Our league position is higher this year simply because we have better players. Nothing more than that. I’m tired of driving 350 miles to see us play at home like the away side. Yes we’ve had injuries but so has everyone else.
I’d like to think Bulut can maybe be more attacking minded, especially with a couple of additions, but I doubt it. Our ‘faults’ are coached into players rather than of their own fruition. Personally would rather Cooper or Bellers who have league experience.
Whoever we do have I’ll be there. :bluebird:

Yes some fair points. But the chances of getting Cooper or Bellamy is definitely barmy. I'd prefer bulut to stay as tbh we not going to get any better who works under tan and his restrictions. Anybody think anybody better would be in with a shout I'd like to hear who?

Thu May 02, 2024 6:22 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 02, 2024 6:55 pm

Who would work for Tan, shocked Bulut even wants to

Thu May 02, 2024 8:46 pm

Gwentblue

It’s crazy, unfair and totally unprofessional to make him wait until the final game before sorting out his future.
I can only assume Tan has something already planned with or without Bulut.
It’s never dull following City is it.

Thu May 02, 2024 9:47 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:Gwentblue

It’s crazy, unfair and totally unprofessional to make him wait until the final game before sorting out his future.

Not really unfair and unprofessional.

Bulut wanted a new deal when we were on our worse run and playing some absolutely dire football. The results picked up, but the football has been turbo-wank. Perhaps VT wants assurances that Bulut will play a more attractive brand of football before he offered a multi-year deal.

With a much better manager, we would be closer to the playoffs.

Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:

Bulut wanted a new deal when we were on our worse run and playing some absolutely dire football. The results picked up, but the football has been turbo-wank. Perhaps VT wants assurances that Bulut will play a more attractive brand of football before he offered a multi-year deal.

What do you base that on, another manager would have us closer to the play-offs?

The bottom line is our final league position has outperformed the expectations of most fans, neutrals in the media and - most importantly - the board.

It has already been suggested that we will play a more attacking style next season, but we need better players. I agree with that.

I want Bulut to stay and think he will but even I say we need to play a better style of football next season, so we need to sign players suited to that.

Fri May 03, 2024 12:18 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:

By "better manager" I'm assuming you mean someone who would be guaranteed to get us nearer the play-offs. Such guarantees seldom exist. Ask Birmingham or Stoke for instance.

There is every chance that a different manager could have taken us closer to the relegation zone than the play-off places.

Fri May 03, 2024 2:03 pm

WHAT EROL BULUT HAS ASKED / DEMANDED FROM VINCENT TAN:

Erol Bulut:

Erol Bulut says Cardiff City must look to improve in every department if they are to achieve their goal of returning to the Premier League.

“I have told the board we need investment next season, I am waiting on them to come back to me.”

And he says the signing of new players is the “first step” for Cardiff this summer.
“Of course for this, the budget is important.”

“When we want to go to the next level, we have to be focused on this and work like this to go that direction – not only me, everybody in the club.”

“It’s not only players. I will try to make my coaching staff bigger next season,” he added.
“For recruitment, we have to work on scouts [and] we have brought already one or two in. We have to add a little bit in every part so we can go up all together as a club.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 03, 2024 2:04 pm

It's derisory to think he'll be fine with a 1 year rolling contract. I'm far from his biggest fan and I certainly wouldn't want to give him 3 years, but you gotta give him 2. He's earned it!!!

If Tan is adamant about the 1 year, I think Bulut would walk and he'd gain my respect for doing so (as did Lamouchi).

I know Tan has given us some good times and he's bank rolled us for god knows how many years...but my dislike of him and how he runs our club only grows.

Fri May 03, 2024 2:33 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:It's derisory to think he'll be fine with a 1 year rolling contract. I'm far from his biggest fan and I certainly wouldn't want to give him 3 years, but you gotta give him 2. He's earned it!!!

If Tan is adamant about the 1 year, I think Bulut would walk and he'd gain my respect for doing so (as did Lamouchi).

I know Tan has given us some good times and he's bank rolled us for god knows how many years...but my dislike of him and how he runs our club only grows.

I am also not fussed on him but feel we have built a foundation with some decent kids coming through and it is a shame to start all over again, then again....

I'd give him a three year deal but structure it so that we can part ways if certain criteria are not met, like finishing position or offers from other clubs. It works both ways but at least he can bring his family here with some sort of certainty

Fri May 03, 2024 3:23 pm

I will never agree with the view that somehow 'better players' would've meant Bulut choosing a more attack minded formation.
It's just nonsense.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face (pun unintended), we have the players already - Ipswich do it, Plymouth do it, Bristol City do it, to name just 3 clubs in varying league positions!

My concern is that next season it'll be more of the same straitjacket football at home and I don't enjoy that from a Cardiff side, particularly when I think back to DJs team full of freebies and bargains. Buluts philosophy so far has been: don't concede first and foremost.

Fri May 03, 2024 10:12 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:I will never agree with the view that somehow 'better players' would've meant Bulut choosing a more attack minded formation.
It's just nonsense.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face (pun unintended), we have the players already - Ipswich do it, Plymouth do it, Bristol City do it, to name just 3 clubs in varying league positions!

My concern is that next season it'll be more of the same straitjacket football at home and I don't enjoy that from a Cardiff side, particularly when I think back to DJs team full of freebies and bargains. Buluts philosophy so far has been: don't concede first and foremost.

Was the 1st 10 games or so bland must not lose football? After rambo o'dowda were out he stopped forward thinking football was that because the players left were not that type of player so restricting his style play? I can envisage if he carried on playing same way as 1st 10 games we would not be in 12th place now more like 17th or worse...... Can say what we like about his way if playing but can't imagine he Hasn't learned a bit about what is required to succeed in championship after this season.