Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: For the attention of tan and dalman

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

It doesn't help that "Berjaya" is Malaysian for success.

Now what is Malaysian for "failure"

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:57 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Just pure speculation on my part but I suspect it is totally about "Pride" and "respect" and in order to understand it in greater depth you need to first understand the culture surrounding Malaysian Businessman. I had some knowledge of this when I was one of the clubs photographers a few years back.

Business culture in Malaysia tends to be hierachial and respect for Seniority and Rank is important. We first saw this in the days of Malky when the "Much Younger" Malky questioned his older colleague. In Malaysia this is a "no-no" and probably explains why there have been so many difficulties. For me personally, if I was ever to speak to VT pitch side, I was told only speak to him after he speaks to me and, when doing so refer to him as Tan-Sri.

So lets think back to when Sam & Tan did work together. Tan was worth £1.2 billion and Sam had a mere £40 million.

Malaysian culture is such that VT would have looked down on Sam especially as, in Malaysia, decisions come from top down.

So things have changed over the years. VT is apparently down to his last £400m whereas Sam has allegedly invested well and is worth more than VT nowadays.

VT wont like this. Culturally he always looked down to Sam whereas he would now be expected to look down to Sam.

I suspect something like this could be the reason.

A lot of truth there Paul.

Also back then your right the difference in wealth was incredible, the tide has turned massively and Tan is now looking up at Sam.

Sam use to have his name sung, Tan wanted that big time and only ever heard Tan out or your a wanker.

Tan even bought the same coat as Sam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 pm

Sam and Tan:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 pm

I may not be a mergers and acquisitions guy but my understanding of any perspective takeovers or sales are that everyome NDA's up to the hilt as any rumour may scupper the deal and there is serious money to be made in deals.

So Dalman say nothing to see here means absolutely nowt.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:20 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Just pure speculation on my part but I suspect it is totally about "Pride" and "respect" and in order to understand it in greater depth you need to first understand the culture surrounding Malaysian Businessman. I had some knowledge of this when I was one of the clubs photographers a few years back.

Business culture in Malaysia tends to be hierachial and respect for Seniority and Rank is important. We first saw this in the days of Malky when the "Much Younger" Malky questioned his older colleague. In Malaysia this is a "no-no" and probably explains why there have been so many difficulties. For me personally, if I was ever to speak to VT pitch side, I was told only speak to him after he speaks to me and, when doing so refer to him as Tan-Sri.

So lets think back to when Sam & Tan did work together. Tan was worth £1.2 billion and Sam had a mere £40 million.

Malaysian culture is such that VT would have looked down on Sam especially as, in Malaysia, decisions come from top down.

So things have changed over the years. VT is apparently down to his last £400m whereas Sam has allegedly invested well and is worth more than VT nowadays.

VT wont like this. Culturally he always looked down to Sam whereas he would now be expected to look down to Sam.

I suspect something like this could be the reason.

Excellent post Paul and that is how I see the whole picture.

The best deal Tan has been offered is from Sam and with his wealth dramatically dropping then you would have through he would have buried his pride, taken Sams money and do a runner.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Wasn't it all over the Langston debt pay off and then the lifetime presidency the club gave to Sam.

Tan would not pay Langston until he knew who was behind it. Sam finally said it was him and then received £24million? and a club presidency as good will.

Role on a bit of time and they argued over what they both perceived the presidency to mean. Sam then sued the club for £15million which was settled out of court.

Whoever was wrong is up for debate but Tan perceives it as Sam getting one over him and taking more money from the club under false pretences.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:04 pm

Coz he is crook. :old: :old:

Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:16 am

Kyle, what did you have for lunch today?

Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:33 pm

No disrespect but Sam is 76,surely we need someone not at the end of his career to takeover

Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:13 pm

I think it's a question that has a right to be asked, and ultimately people will have a difference of opinion.

I don't think we will ever know, but Paul's answer earlier, coupled with the Langstone stuff probably plays a big part of it