Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

For the attention of tan and dalman

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:50 pm

I have heard time and time again that mr tan will not sell to sam again, my qustion is why ? nothing has ever been said as to why this wont happen ?

im not writing this to debate if anyone likes sam or not this is just a question i feel alot of fans would really like to know ?

maybe this is a question keith morgan can ask ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: For the attention of tan and dalman

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:53 pm

kyle08 wrote:I have heard time and time again that mr tan will not sell to sam again, my qustion is why ? nothing has ever been said as to why this wont happen ?

im not writing this to debate if anyone likes sam or not this is just a question i feel alot of fans would really like to know ?

A very good question Kyle??

Why are the Trust etc not asked this question?

I am very interested to know what answer they will give?

I know Sam’s was the highest offer and proved all the funds were available.

Your right we’ve debated this time and time again, but never been told why not?

Tan wants out and is losing money and not prepared to invest now large amounts so why not?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:54 pm

I also would like to know this

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:55 pm

kyle08 wrote:I have heard time and time again that mr tan will not sell to sam again, my qustion is why ? nothing has ever been said as to why this wont happen ?

You must be a new fan is you don't know the answer ffs come on have you forgotten from 2006 to recently all the different court cases , I like sam as a person he's a top guy but he lied to everyone that he wasn't Langstone then admitted he was in court after years and years , sam put his money in 24 million and then got it back I don't begrudge anyone recouping their investment and so any businessman should try and get monies back . As annis has said time to move on from sam it ain't happening. It's like groundhog day on here .

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 pm

wez1927 wrote:

You must be a new fan is you don't know the answer ffs come on have you forgotten from 2006 to recently all the different court cases , I like sam as a person he's a top guy but he lied to everyone that he wasn't Langstone then admitted he was in court after years and years , sam put his money in 24 million and then got it back I don't begrudge anyone recouping their investment and so any businessman should try and get monies back . As annis has said time to move on from sam it ain't happening. It's like groundhog day on here .

Unverifiable Wez,

Court cases and Tan does never have court cases.

Let’s hear the answer direct from Vincent Tan please , not us fans???

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Unverifiable Wez,

Come on annis this topic has Been done to death over the years , thought you wanted to move on from all this ? And to be a sticky ffs has this board really gone down hill this much sort it out ! .

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:01 pm

Sam may have done some good things for this club, there’s no denying that.

HOWEVER, having said that he almost made us completely bust through financial mismanagement.

Don’t know the reasons why, but Tan bought us and took on all the debt himself. Alright, he’s not everyone biggest fan due to decisions he has made at the club, but he’s the one who has ploughed money in to keep us going.
Tan is the one who is converting the debt into shares.

Imagine saving a company from administration, and then selling that company to someone, who within 5 years puts it into administration!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:

wez, i wrote its not to debate its a straight question me and a group of fans has had this question for years!

ive been a fan for 20 years maybe not as long as others but who cares ?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:04 pm

This years accounts say Cardiff City are being run insolvent.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:05 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Unverifiable Wez,

Come on annis this topic has Been done to death over the years , thought you wanted to move on from all this ? And to be a sticky ffs has this board really gone down hill this much sort it out ! .

wez this is my sticky, ive not seen this question asked so ive posted it. if the question has been answered then please where is it ?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:06 pm

Does it matter why? If won't sell he wont sell It's tans privilege who he sells to no answer he gives will make blind bit of difference to that fact ... some people won't like any reason given though .... we all want him to sell but not sure he will listen to this forum .

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Does it matter why? If won't sell he wont sell It's tans privilege who he sells to no answer he gives will make blind bit of difference to that fact ... some people won't like any reason given though .... we all want him to sell but not sure he will listen to this forum .

Actually it does Allan,

I am a shareholder and as a Shareholder I would like to know?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:11 pm

kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Unverifiable Wez,

wez this is my sticky, ive not seen this question asked so ive posted it. if the question has been answered then please where is it ?
I know it's your sticky and it's absolute nonsense, ffs this has been done to death you should be stripped of being able to make stickies if this is the content , there's countless debate on this board on this topic in the last 48 hours but you've made another one .unbelievable

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Does it matter why? If won't sell he wont sell It's tans privilege who he sells to no answer he gives will make blind bit of difference to that fact ... some people won't like any reason given though .... we all want him to sell but not sure he will listen to this forum .

allan, as a season ticket holder and more importantly a fan why cant i have questions answered ? isnt that a right to anyone with a love and interest in something they have invested most of their life to ?

im not asking someones net worth im just asking a valid question that all i want.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:13 pm

kyle08 wrote:

allan, as a season ticket holder and more importantly a fan why cant i have questions answered ? isnt that a right to anyone with a love and interest in something they have invested most of their life to ?

im not asking someones net worth im just asking a valid question that all i want.

Email the club or tan then .

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Unverifiable Wez,

I know it's your sticky and it's absolute nonsense, ffs this has been done to death you should be stripped of being able to make stickies if this is the content , there's countless debate on this board on this topic in the last 48 hours but you've made another one .unbelievable

ah so because its something that you dont like, i should be removed from being able to do something ?

i just dont get it im not even slating the man you love so much im just asking a straight forward question, why does that make you so uncomfortable, we debate the same stuff all the time its not that much of a big deal!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

i have! they wont answer me really will they.

im honestly shocked at you diva reaction over a question, i even wrote i wasnt doing it to debate

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:18 pm

kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

im honestly shocked at you diva reaction over a question, i even wrote i wasnt doing it to debate

It's boring, I love this board been on here since the start but it's getting like groundhog day , sort it out if your a mod

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

It's boring, I love this board been on here since the start but it's getting like groundhog day , sort it out if your a mod

ive been here almost since the start too, and as you being a long time member you would know everyone is entitled to ask whatever they want even if people dont agree with what your asking!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:27 pm

Just pure speculation on my part but I suspect it is totally about "Pride" and "respect" and in order to understand it in greater depth you need to first understand the culture surrounding Malaysian Businessman. I had some knowledge of this when I was one of the clubs photographers a few years back.

Business culture in Malaysia tends to be hierachial and respect for Seniority and Rank is important. We first saw this in the days of Malky when the "Much Younger" Malky questioned his older colleague. In Malaysia this is a "no-no" and probably explains why there have been so many difficulties. For me personally, if I was ever to speak to VT pitch side, I was told only speak to him after he speaks to me and, when doing so refer to him as Tan-Sri.

So lets think back to when Sam & Tan did work together. Tan was worth £1.2 billion and Sam had a mere £40 million.

Malaysian culture is such that VT would have looked down on Sam especially as, in Malaysia, decisions come from top down.

So things have changed over the years. VT is apparently down to his last £400m whereas Sam has allegedly invested well and is worth more than VT nowadays.

VT wont like this. Culturally he always looked down to Sam whereas he would now be expected to look down to Sam.

I suspect something like this could be the reason.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:34 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Just pure speculation on my part but I suspect it is totally about "Pride" and "respect" and in order to understand it in greater depth you need to first understand the culture surrounding Malaysian Businessman. I had some knowledge of this when I was one of the clubs photographers a few years back.

Business culture in Malaysia tends to be hierachial and respect for Seniority and Rank is important. We first saw this in the days of Malky when the "Much Younger" Malky questioned his older colleague. In Malaysia this is a "no-no" and probably explains why there have been so many difficulties. For me personally, if I was ever to speak to VT pitch side, I was told only speak to him after he speaks to me and, when doing so refer to him as Tan-Sri.

So lets think back to when Sam & Tan did work together. Tan was worth £1.2 billion and Sam had a mere £40 million.

Malaysian culture is such that VT would have looked down on Sam especially as, in Malaysia, decisions come from top down.

So things have changed over the years. VT is apparently down to his last £400m whereas Sam has allegedly invested well and is worth more than VT nowadays.

VT wont like this. Culturally he always looked down to Sam whereas he would now be expected to look down to Sam.

thankyou paul for you input, its nice to read something that isnt an attack and just a straight opinion i respect that.

that might be why i see tan as a power tripper if thats the way things and done with him where people are below him.

crazy really, great write up and input thankyou :thumbup:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:36 pm

I think Kyle's question is valid and actually very important. I also don't think that this has been dismissively "done to death" at all.

Many of us want to know the reasons for this. And it's not just solely down the Langston case either. Sam was owed that money back if we got promoted to the PL, which we did. Anyone would want it back.

So, given the above, and that many of us would like to see Sam back in some capacity for all the right reasons - MD for the second time in 12 months has specifically stated that Tan categorically won't sell to Sam and without being prompted by a specific question.

It's a repeated statement as opposed to an answer. Hmmm.

So, what is Tans and presumably MDs reasons for this? It's never been explained. Not even as a courtesy to Sam. Is it that they don't trust him? Jealousy? A threat? Would be more popular? An admission of defeat? His success would highlight their incompetence? Pride? Loss of face? A mixture of all of the above? Or is it something else? Hmmmm.

This and other key questions also should have been asked by the FAB yesterday, which include the Trust and SC. The indie FAB members are new so I'll excuse that but why again aren't these questions being asked.

The list is in my answer to another posts here so I don't repeat myself:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=239027&start=30#p2446745

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:41 pm

Imagine the pain of being down to your last £400 million :D

I seem to remember that Tan was committed to giving half his wealth away, seems to have done a good job.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:45 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Imagine the pain of being down to your last £400 million :D

I seem to remember that Tan was committed to giving half his wealth away, seems to have done a good job.

His current liabilities to the club represent around a quarter of his net worth, so making his money back is now a pretty big deal to him and most importantly, his family, as it's their inheritance and they are not interested in having any football business in the Berjaya Group, as it it hasn't worked out.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:58 pm

kyle08 wrote:

You certainly have the right to ask you question.
However I’m sure you don’t have the right to an answer unfortunately.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:10 pm

Let's start a list of clubs with good communicative boards..........

Starting with................

Nor me.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 pm

kyle08 wrote:

Nothing wrong in asking the question I'm all for it... but the point is what the problem between the two of them will probably stay that way maybe personal but I'm sure someone out there knows why? Mike Ashley turned down numerous buyers didn't hear of reasons why even when asking price was met.... yes people are desperate for tan to go but knowing why won't sell to Sam won't change anything in that regards but probably make fans more bitter than already are.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:30 pm

Hasn' t VT said many times that when he leaves the club he will leave it debt free and to someone who will keep it that way.
Perhaps he does not believe that Sam can do that. Who knows ???

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:55 pm

Igovernor wrote:Hasn' t VT said many times that when he leaves the club he will leave it debt free and to someone who will keep it that way.
Perhaps he does not believe that Sam can do that. Who knows ???

Well At moment most of debt is tans so when sells could leave us debt free time will tell if that is true.. and yes maybe Tan as doubts about sam so good a reason as any... can add it to list of reasons why won't he... :o

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:08 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Just pure speculation on my part but I suspect it is totally about "Pride" and "respect" and in order to understand it in greater depth you need to first understand the culture surrounding Malaysian Businessman. I had some knowledge of this when I was one of the clubs photographers a few years back.

It’s an honour thing, pride phucking with him eh? Bit of a loser, not worked out at any of his clubs….. :lol: