Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Mehmet Dalman answers the City Fans:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:27 am

[quote="kyle08"][quote="Forever Blue"]AS I HAVE STATED NOW NUMEROUS TIMES:

Sam is not coming back which will please some and upset others.

Tan won’t accept any offer from Sam or anyone to do with Sam.

SO WE CAN ACTUALLY LEAVE IT THERE & DISCUSS THE OTHER POUNTS DALMAN aka MP HAD TO SAY:

If Tan stays etc then he should not moan or his Regime about any losses and should invest substantially this Summer and We should be looking for promotion next season, if We have any ambition.

To be fair Dalman does what Erol Bulut to stay and build from their , Tan is being talked around.[/quote]

i for one are one of those who is very unhappy that sam isnt coming back, but im not shocked the man incharge of our beautiful club is a dictator with a massive ego that he cant just let go.

thats my say on that now onto dalman, so many times this season he promised the world to us fans and the manager, and he didnt deliver so i will never hold his word as gospel again, we need to now push this season our club and fans need it, we are a huge club who is really underperforming.

the biggest issue with us doing so bad is the club being very poorly ran for the last 10 years, things need to change asap.

if we dont invest this season then the board needs to sell up and we go a new direction[/quote]

kyle 08

We have been saying since warnock left if they don' t invest the board need to go and it's still
"groundhog day" we are like newcastle under mike ashley fans have no say of there club whatsoever and the owners do not feel the pain like i did yesterday loosing to a team just like us same squad same youngsters crowds keep dwindling every season week games tus wed attendances "truly" looks about 10,000.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 am

Always City wrote:Wez, give it a rest, you are like broken record, your support for Tan and loyalty to him is noted, how about putting the club first and realise Tan is not outing the club first.

How on this post is support for Tan ffs it's about support for the academy, once again question get asked then the topic gets ignored by the same people.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:55 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:AS I HAVE STATED NOW NUMEROUS TIMES:

SO WE CAN ACTUALLY LEAVE IT THERE & DISCUSS THE OTHER POUNTS DALMAN aka MP HAD TO SAY:

If Tan stays etc then he should not moan or his Regime about any losses and should invest substantially this Summer and We should be looking for promotion next season, if We have any ambition.

To be fair Dalman does what Erol Bulut to stay and build from their , Tan is being talked around.

Tan needs to win this Sala case and plough all the money into getting cat 1 status and rebuilding the squad to sustain a premiership team.

Wez,

That’s a long way way, the squad needs money this Summer, as I put out, I was told we will be getting a massive input this Summer.

I hope it’s true??

I feel everything rest on the sala case , he won't sell if there's potentially 10s of millions coming in , maybe Keith can answer this , does any monies for cat 1 status fall outside ffp ? .

i just dont want to be like his other club, its a shambles there and they all hate tan

How does that answer what I've said you hate Tan we all get it it's boring , we Need cat 1 status , does a cash injection into the academy mean we can't buy players for the 1st team.

I don't think it does Wez, academy and foundation etc all outside of that. I don't think we will be cat 1 anytime soon either.

FFP is looking very tight given the latest filed accounts even with a reduced loss and the three year moving average loss limit but as I understand it the recent specific changes will ease that.

So the headroom is there to invest for the 5/6 we need in I think. Whether Tan will further invest now when the championship is looking good for a crack next season is anyone's guess so another 3rd party loan I guess is the way but they are building up.

The ES case and potential cash in is I think is significant in Tans thinking and there's no guarantee that will be used in a future pot for us and that could take a while to happen anyway, so not a banker.

There appears to be some very key questions not asked last night too looking at the transcript but may have been.

Very interesting and somewhat revealing that MD said again that Tan would not sell specifically to Sam whilst saying there are no deals on the table.

Over to Tan now I guess and let's hope for some positive news, as we could have a realistic push next season.

I think the club need to go all out to gain cat 1 status , we've lost potentially 5 1st team players to higher academy's in the last 2 years yes we've got a couple of million in compensation but that's peanuts compared to getting transfer fees if they would of made it

I agree. It would also mean that in addition to not losing talent, we could also target both Cat 1 and Cat 2s and attract talent in to develop and sell on.

Cat 1 one is around £6M PA, Cat 2 is £2M. The Jacks dropped back to Cat 2 for this reason as expensive to maintain when outside the PL. But they made £46M from player sales because of it so the figures stack up to have it when circumstances allow. Only around 6 Championship clubs are Cat 1 now I believe but don't quote me on that.

I just don't think in reality we have the finances or appetite to do it yet, despite it being important. I think the focus for Tan now is what he's going to do immediately for next season and Cat 1 status is a future goal. It would also be attractive to a potential future buyer but in no way a deal breaker.

Also remember that even if we aren't Cat 1, talent is attracted to us if we are showing real ambition of achieving sustainable PL status anyway. If we are realistically in that position then we can target Cat 1s where talented players maybe in limbo as can't break through but would be attracted to a club on its ascendancy. Timing and all that.
thanks for actually engaging in the topic I asked , this is a massive important issue I've championed the academy as its 100% the future , the academy is working just got to see the youngsters coming through recently, it's night and day improved in facility's wise compare to a decade ago we can thank steve borley for this , but to progress to the next level we need that top status .I wpuld love a team of home grown players and suitable supply of players in the future.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:57 am

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 am

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:00 am

Does anybody on here realise how much it costs to set up and run a Cat 1 Academy.To be honest for now I would rather see any spare cash spent on the first team.And by the way how many clubs below prem level have a Cat 1 academy, last time I looked it was about half a doesen.It's not a passport to the premier league but can be very useful when you get there.I think Birmingham were the latest club to be awarded Cat 1 status and they may well be relagated next week.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:10 am

Reply:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 am

As you ALL know Dalmans meetings are taking very seriously and then passed down to us by his PA

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:28 am

Replies:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:28 am

Reply:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:50 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Does anybody on here realise how much it costs to set up and run a Cat 1 Academy.To be honest for now I would rather see any spare cash spent on the first team.And by the way how many clubs below prem level have a Cat 1 academy, last time I looked it was about half a doesen.It's not a passport to the premier league but can be very useful when you get there.I think Birmingham were the latest club to be awarded Cat 1 status and they may well be relagated next week.

Think it needs around 120 staff to run it it's a replica of what staff used at club with obvious extras like education...... yes a lot to be gained by having cat 1 but as you point out brum in danger of relegation could the millions been spent on better players in 1st team ? My view is club needs to have a stable 1st team that can get to premier league then if that happens ring fence several years costs for running academy £5m+ a year is 75% of what club gets from efl solidarity payments
Just to big a commitment way club is run at moment sort club out 1st is priority.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:02 pm

I personally find it very odd that MD has for the second time, and without being specifically prompted, has reiterated that on no account he will sell to Sam?

We know they want to sell us as quickly as possible, they don't care about the club, getting their money back (VT) and plus some (for MD @ 9%) is all they care about.

MD stated that despite rumours, there are no sale discussions but his specific singling out of Sam as a non option in any circumstance to me reveals a lot. And this the the second time he's specifically referenced that without being prompted by a specific public question in a year. Hmmmm.

And I'm very disappointed that in yesterday's FAB meeting, the following most basic and key questions don't appear to have been asked:

1: What is next seasons plan?
2: Do we have the finances to support it? How will we raise fresh capital? VT or another 3rd party loan?
3: What is the current FFP headroom and will the recent changes ease any limitations on player budget?
4: Headline review of the key points raised in the latest accounts which raise concerns as to the above and growing debt problem?
5: Is EB actually staying?

And as an equally important "6". What is the club and Wayne Nash doing to address the atmosphere issue at the club? It was a problem for Arsenal as Artete stated it makes a proven performance improvement. They made changes to address it and it worked, so what are we doing about it as all fans are complaining about how we are doing precisely thw reverse under WN?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 pm

I think it’s far more important for our club to get a Cat 1 Academy to produce our own than to waste more money on journeymen like we have in the past! Look at our last two money signings at £2million each, Robinson and Turnbull,they are not even regulars in the team.Far better to go with loan players from Premier League clubs like Phillips,Grant and Bowler etc Then if we did get promoted we could buy them,the only gamble is their wages rather than wasting millions,like Murphy £11m,Glazel £6m,Cunningham £4m etc etc!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:33 pm

Why won’t Tan sell to Sam??

I know they have fallen out in the past but to refuse to sell the club because of a disagreement is just pathetic

If there is a decent offer on the table and if Sam definitely has the money/backing to take the club forward (and thats a big if)
then Tan should sell to him regardless of his ridiculous petty squabble

Tan is holding the club back!!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:32 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:I think it’s far more important for our club to get a Cat 1 Academy to produce our own than to waste more money on journeymen like we have in the past! Look at our last two money signings at £2million each, Robinson and Turnbull,they are not even regulars in the team.Far better to go with loan players from Premier League clubs like Phillips,Grant and Bowler etc Then if we did get promoted we could buy them,the only gamble is their wages rather than wasting millions,like Murphy £11m,Glazel £6m,Cunningham £4m etc etc!

I said this years ago when we where toe to toe with wolves for promotion they loaned a lot of players from Portugal but when promoted they where not lumbered with players who where not upto a higher standard always thought the model was a good one right to buy we could have perhaps loaned 2 strikers of worth rather than turnball costing 2 million.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:36 pm

montyblue wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:I think it’s far more important for our club to get a Cat 1 Academy to produce our own than to waste more money on journeymen like we have in the past! Look at our last two money signings at £2million each, Robinson and Turnbull,they are not even regulars in the team.Far better to go with loan players from Premier League clubs like Phillips,Grant and Bowler etc Then if we did get promoted we could buy them,the only gamble is their wages rather than wasting millions,like Murphy £11m,Glazel £6m,Cunningham £4m etc etc!

I said this years ago when we where toe to toe with wolves for promotion they loaned a lot of players from Portugal but when promoted they where not lumbered with players who where not upto a higher standard always thought the model was a good one right to buy we could have perhaps loaned 2 strikers of worth rather than turnball costing 2 million.

Got to be the right loans but I think your right .

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:40 pm

montyblue wrote:

In theory I see your point but I do think Turnbull is a good player and will only improve further when he gets used to the championship

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:24 pm

I love the naivety and your trust in the footballing elite. If united, citeh or Liverpool want a child they will still entice the parents, we just may receive more compo.

Cat 1 make sense for those lot. It may cost a fortune but they should be producing players for lower premier league/ high championships even if they don't make it through to their first team. For instance, Tommy Doyle will never make the Citeh squad but he is valued at around £6mill....Will wolves pay that in the summer, sure they will, so that pays for most of next years bill.

We will be producing championship footballers and as soon as they show any first team promise may be snapped up at fancy prices but they are few and far between. A few may be CCFC regulars, but most will be released and play low EFL or semi pro.

We have to understand the field we are playing in.

The best way of keeping the children that the top 6 snatchers want is to show that they may have a crack at first-team football at CCFC and still live in the sanctity of your home with your friends and family. So you need a modern youth friendly coach.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:36 pm

A few points in general and the Cat 1 status.

Cat 1 status is important. End of. However, I feel the 1st team needs more work and investment right at this moment in time, with the financial benefits of a good first team bring fed through to the academy.

Having a good academy at the moment for quality youngsters to come through into a poor side is defeating the object. It heaps too much pressure on them, does not improve their confidence, and perhaps causes disillusionment.

The other point is that we have been fed so many lines, and miscommunication by the Regime. Tan said 'Do you think I'm stupid, do you not think I have a plan' Dalman yeserday 'We've not had a proper strategy' Dalman ' We have he option of a contract extension for Bulut.....Dalman 'we don't think there is a extension clause'.

We are told what is required at the time. Typical of being treated like mushrooms... kept on the dark and fed ****

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

To be fair Dalman does what Erol Bulut to stay and build from their , Tan is being talked around.

Tan needs to win this Sala case and plough all the money into getting cat 1 status and rebuilding the squad to sustain a premiership team.

Wez,

That’s a long way way, the squad needs money this Summer, as I put out, I was told we will be getting a massive input this Summer.

I hope it’s true??

I feel everything rest on the sala case , he won't sell if there's potentially 10s of millions coming in , maybe Keith can answer this , does any monies for cat 1 status fall outside ffp ? .

i just dont want to be like his other club, its a shambles there and they all hate tan

How does that answer what I've said you hate Tan we all get it it's boring , we Need cat 1 status , does a cash injection into the academy mean we can't buy players for the 1st team.

I don't think it does Wez, academy and foundation etc all outside of that. I don't think we will be cat 1 anytime soon either.

FFP is looking very tight given the latest filed accounts even with a reduced loss and the three year moving average loss limit but as I understand it the recent specific changes will ease that.

So the headroom is there to invest for the 5/6 we need in I think. Whether Tan will further invest now when the championship is looking good for a crack next season is anyone's guess so another 3rd party loan I guess is the way but they are building up.

The ES case and potential cash in is I think is significant in Tans thinking and there's no guarantee that will be used in a future pot for us and that could take a while to happen anyway, so not a banker.

There appears to be some very key questions not asked last night too looking at the transcript but may have been.

Very interesting and somewhat revealing that MD said again that Tan would not sell specifically to Sam whilst saying there are no deals on the table.

Over to Tan now I guess and let's hope for some positive news, as we could have a realistic push next season.

I think the club need to go all out to gain cat 1 status , we've lost potentially 5 1st team players to higher academy's in the last 2 years yes we've got a couple of million in compensation but that's peanuts compared to getting transfer fees if they would of made it

I agree. It would also mean that in addition to not losing talent, we could also target both Cat 1 and Cat 2s and attract talent in to develop and sell on.

Cat 1 one is around £6M PA, Cat 2 is £2M. The Jacks dropped back to Cat 2 for this reason as expensive to maintain when outside the PL. But they made £46M from player sales because of it so the figures stack up to have it when circumstances allow. Only around 6 Championship clubs are Cat 1 now I believe but don't quote me on that.

I just don't think in reality we have the finances or appetite to do it yet, despite it being important. I think the focus for Tan now is what he's going to do immediately for next season and Cat 1 status is a future goal. It would also be attractive to a potential future buyer but in no way a deal breaker.

Also remember that even if we aren't Cat 1, talent is attracted to us if we are showing real ambition of achieving sustainable PL status anyway. If we are realistically in that position then we can target Cat 1s where talented players maybe in limbo as can't break through but would be attracted to a club on its ascendancy. Timing and all that.

I belive there’s 9 in the championship and 2 in league one that are cat a but I wouldn’t bet my life on the source being correct though.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:50 pm

Cantonblue.ian wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

I belive there’s 9 in the championship and 2 in league one that are cat a but I wouldn’t bet my life on the source being correct though.

Just took a meander at this and there are
6 in championship 2 in div1 obviously could change next season may lose 2 promotion but gain 2 from relegated teams , + Derby will be added ... + may lose brum or Blackburn..... think it shows cat 1 doesn't always mean successful club.... but it does boost fans perception of club producing their own talent even if sometimes such talent came from another club originally as it frequently does

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Cantonblue.ian wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

I belive there’s 9 in the championship and 2 in league one that are cat a but I wouldn’t bet my life on the source being correct though.[/quote]

6 in championship 2 in div1 obviously could change next season may lose 2 promotion but gain 2 from relegated teams , + Derby will be added ... + may lose brum or Blackburn..... think it shows cat 1 doesn't always mean successful club.... but it does boost fans perception of club producing their own talent even if sometimes such talent came from another club originally as it frequently does[/quote]

There’s Blackburn, Leeds,Leicester, Middlesbrough, southampt, Sunderland, Norwich, stoke, West Brom.

As it stands. At least from where I read on it.
https://thefootballscholar.com/academy-classification/

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 pm

Cantonblue.ian wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Cantonblue.ian wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

6 in championship 2 in div1 obviously could change next season may lose 2 promotion but gain 2 from relegated teams , + Derby will be added ... + may lose brum or Blackburn..... think it shows cat 1 doesn't always mean successful club.... but it does boost fans perception of club producing their own talent even if sometimes such talent came from another club originally as it frequently does[/quote]

There’s Blackburn, Leeds,Leicester, Middlesbrough, southampt, Sunderland, Norwich, stoke, West Brom.

As it stands. At least from where I read on it.
https://thefootballscholar.com/academy-classification/[/quote]

Took look at link and it says from April 24 obviously forest & sheff u are not in championship ..... my list was from 2023 it didn't have stoke or wba in it...
...Blackburn...Leeds...Norwich...southampton........
Leicester..boro...Birmingham was there so hard to know what is right

Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 am

It’s hard to get excited, I just can’t believe anything Dalman says. If we are waiting on money from the Sala case to invest, or for Tan to recoup and sell, then we are going to be waiting a long time.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:02 am

Reply:

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:32 am

Well Dalman tell us something we do not know.

As a supporter let me tell you what most of us fans want:

1. We want Bulut to stay. While you keep us in no mans land about this then the little support you have from us "customers" will vanish.

2. We want investment. I read somewhere a centre forward, midfielder and a couple of other positions are our targets. Well from my understanding we will not be able to afford that due to FFP. So its not because Tan does not want to invest BUT the fact FFP wont let us. So if this is the case be upfront with the fans about this else expect to lose a lot of support.

3. But above all get rid of those bloody seats, you know the ones I mean. While you are at it get rid of the wiggly worm as well.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:07 am

If everything is dependent on a civil court case we ain't got a plan... As my granny used to say " you can't buy with if's and maybes"