Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“Erol Bulut we want you to stay” really?

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 pm

Admirable and impressive chant again today at 4-0 down. Of course not representative of the total fan base , as half of the stadium was on its way home and probably thinking the opposite. Look, we are divided, it’s normal, it’s life, it’s football, we all love our club, but we are all entitled to our own opinion, and my big thing is wanting our liability of a dictator owner gone for good , but really, those who want EB to stay, do you think it’s going to be any different next season? He has one tactic! Side to side slow build inverted winger one in the box minimal press snooze ball from the Turkish league. And there it was today at its best. Sorry worst! And they want it for another season? We spent two thirds of the game today as a home side in our own half or centre circle. It’s boring predictable and painful. When we lose, boy do we lose, rarely can I say, we had a good go there! It’s a poorer league than last season, we have better players, and not with 3 managers! No wonder he got us up the league, many another manager would have us in the same place or higher but with all the fans onside, because no way would their football be that boring.

Entertainment and passion, goals and good football over points and league standing. Bulut wouldn’t last two mins in the EPL. No variety whatsoever. It’s a shame.i like him.

But to those still chanting his name today, I take my hat off to you. Class, even if I’m not in your camp. :ayatollah:

Re: “Erol Bulut we want you to stay” really?

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 pm

I’m truly on the fence with Bulut, the splinters in my arse are slowly falling towards the stay side, give him some money and let him build a squad.

We forget that he has been hamstrung this season.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 pm

I was one of those singing we want you to stay today.

I really mean it too.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:52 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:I’m truly on the fence with Bulut, the splinters in my arse are slowly falling towards the stay side, give him some money and let him build a squad.

We forget that he has been hamstrung this season.

If I saw examples of a plan B, or varied tactics and adaptability to the circumstances/opponent I would agree with you, there has been none, apart from when the extra minutes go up, Colwill comes on and it’s 6 minutes if the Alamo, that’s not a tactic it’s naieve. If he builds a squad it’s the same tactic!

Set piece goals, 3 derby wins, Southampton, Ipswich , Coventry, if he gets the contract tonight, that’s what has saved him definitely not that tactic. My neck going from side to side is having a few months off now!

Change of topic, what a game at Hull!!

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 pm

Has any other manager had that sung to him when 0-4 down at home having played such dire football for virtually a whole season?

Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 pm

We sang about " Not sacking Malky Mackay " back in the good old days ... And look what happened to him :( :( :(

Let's hope the club have learnt from before ....or have a good plan B :?: :?: :?:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:09 am

davids wrote:Has any other manager had that sung to him when 0-4 down at home played such dire football for virtually a whole season?

At the ground, I think we must be one of the most loyal supporters out there. Since the dungeon days, I can only remember Mad Micks tenure ending with the fans' consent, other than that it has been nothing but support for the manager.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:42 am

llan bluebird wrote:
davids wrote:Has any other manager had that sung to him when 0-4 down at home played such dire football for virtually a whole season?

At the ground, I think we must be one of the most loyal supporters out there. Since the dungeon days, I can only remember Mad Micks tenure ending with the fans' consent, other than that it has been nothing but support for the manager.

I seem to remember Trollope getting serenaded with " Sacked in the morning" and " You don't know what you're doing" at Burton justt before he got sacked but at home games you're right.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:36 am

I think the OP is on a lonesome crusade.I don't detect any anti Bulut sentiment anywhere in the ground.In times gone by the Canton end are usually the first to voice any anti-manager sentiment instead, what we had a ringing endorsement of the gaffer.
The statement that the early leavers were anti Bulut is a bit of a stretch even for this fella.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:13 am

Not been since December..first time for me since 1983 not to bother..says it all really bout the quality of football and the atmosphere.. hoping for better next season.or at least a bit of excitement

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:10 am

Think the OP has it spot on.
We have better players this season hence the league position. Nothing more.
Bulut’s sideways, backwards with no press whatsoever has got us in the shit so many times this season. The current standard of play is dire and painful to watch at times. His constant tinkering of the team hasn’t helped either. Goutas apart he chops and changes the side each week. Have a look at the stats in the match day programme. How the hell are they expected to bond and perform consistently. I’m still not convinced he knows his best starting XI.
The “not wanting to shout at his players” comment was the deciding last straw for me. We need some steel, some passion and some fight. Very little of any of those qualities are shown in the team, except for when Conte, Ashford, Giles and Rubin were playing. I just hope we can keep hold of the youngsters.
I’d rather we had Cooper or even a Bellers/Bamba combo.
Although I totally don’t agree, I do also tip my hat to those singing for Bulut at 4 nil down. I just think you (we) deserve and can do better.

As an additional note: to all those begging for Tan to feck off and in the same breath asking for him to dig deeper into his pockets for the academy! :roll: Are we still losing a million quid each month?? Would any of you rich boys out there do the same? I doubt it. You won’t become rich or stay one spunking your cash away, especially when those you’re giving it to then slate you publicly for doing so. I don’t think there a huge queue of billionaires waiting in the wings to part with their cash. So be careful what you wish for.