Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Views on players drinking during the season.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:19 pm

My opinion is this, you’re a professional player that’s paid a lot of money to play football and stay in shape.

If I was the manager my players would be banned from drinking during the season.

I don’t mean the odd glass of red wine but kebabs on Caroline Street in the middle of the season, and trips to the races is a complete piss take in my opinion.

Re: Views on players drinking during the season.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 pm

Depends if the manager authorised their night out last weekend.

If he did, don’t see an issue with it. They have to have a bit of down time.

Need to remember they’re human beings, not robots.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:09 pm

I would have Tony Adams, Paul Merson , Gazza and Best in my team drinking or not.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 pm

Grandstand wrote:I would have Tony Adams, Paul Merson , Gazza and Best in my team drinking or not.

Totally different game nowadays, quality players but the pressing game and increased physical demands on the players are massive in the modern game.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Depends if the manager authorised their night out last weekend.

If he did, don’t see an issue with it. They have to have a bit of down time.

Need to remember they’re human beings, not robots.

Agreed but they are human beings on 15k a week and that demands some sacrifices.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:08 pm

Most would choose not to because it’s part of they make up, but if some do I have no problem with it if they can still perform on the pitch, if they can’t they’ll get dropped lose they contracts and be without a job. Who cares it be what they deserve.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 pm

When Claudio Ranieri was in charge of Leicester (league winning season) he used to take his team out for a beer, pizza and hotdogs if they won. Nothing wrong with a few beers or a kebab every once in a while.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 pm

To go on the piss at cheltenham races the week of the swansea match is just disgraceful, manager and players shoyld be ashamed.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:My opinion is this, you’re a professional player that’s paid a lot of money to play football and stay in shape.

If I was the manager my players would be banned from drinking during the season.

I don’t mean the odd glass of red wine but kebabs on Caroline Street in the middle of the season, and trips to the races is a complete piss take in my opinion.

We have been here before ..... When Dave Jones was the manager .... Remember ???

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:37 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:My opinion is this, you’re a professional player that’s paid a lot of money to play football and stay in shape.

We have been here before ..... When Dave Jones was the manager .... Remember ???

I do, an underperforming team that should have got promotion with the talent at their disposal.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:11 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

I do, an underperforming team that should have got promotion with the talent at their disposal.