Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vote your Man of the Match (versus Middlesbrough)

You may select 1 option

View results

VOTE YOUR MAN OF THE MATCH (VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH)

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 pm

Vote your Man of the Match versus Middlesbrough (home)

A disappointing result after a decent start that will be sure to open up the Erol Bulut debate again...

For me, the result didn't reflect the play but it is what it is...

Some decent performances out there, particularly from the youngsters, but for me the choice was Cian Ashford

Re: VOTE YOUR MAN OF THE MATCH (VERSUS MIDDLESBROUGH)

Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 pm

Went for Tanner, thought he was one of the few actually trying to do anything & he ran his socks off, what little there is of them.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pm

Turnbull tried to make things happen all game.

Didn’t always come off, but liked what he was trying to do.

He gets my vote.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Turnbull tried to make things happen all game.

He gets my vote.

I agree. Should build our midfield around him next season.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:11 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

He gets my vote.

He is neat, tidy and safe with the ball, although I am not sure he should be that high as his lack of pace hinders us.

We need to work out if we want two dogs sitting and a stay-at-home back 4. For me Rubin is more risk/reward and my preferred choice as I can only see Bulut playing one of them.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:25 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

He gets my vote.

He is neat, tidy and safe with the ball, although I am not sure he should be that high as his lack of pace hinders us.

We need to work out if we want two dogs sitting and a stay-at-home back 4. For me Rubin is more risk/reward and my preferred choice as I can only see Bulut playing one of them.

I agree re lack of pace but I do think he’d benefit from having some movement from striker(s) in front of him. I was in family stand today and it was incredibly difficult to see a ball through due to lack of runs made by forward players.
Re Colwill, I think it may be a case of a certain formation at home that’s different to away. Keeps players fresh too.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:52 pm

Ollie Tanner, one of his best games for us.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Ollie Tanner, one of his best games for us.

I think Bulut will go three centre halfs and wingbacks next year and Tanner and C'OD will be decent on the left

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 pm

Tanner did quite well, thought Ashford also keep Ayling quiet. Turnball was OK, he's a bit of an enigma, really silky on the ball but you never really see him run at the opposition so he doesn't offer much of an attacking threat. I'd give it to Ralls, worked hard and got stuck in?????

Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:28 pm

Turnbull and Tanner leading the way at the moment ....

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:40 pm

Turnball looks like he is nailed to the spot turns on the spot buy has no running speed we need an atta king midfielder like that scouse lad gerrard that played for liverpool always ran with the ball made the defence break formation.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:41 pm

montyblue wrote:Turnball looks like he is nailed to the spot turns on the spot buy has no running speed we need an atta king midfielder like that scouse lad gerrard that played for liverpool always ran with the ball made the defence break formation.

He was constantly moving and trying to get a 2v1 on both sides - he was constantly directing others to do the same. Some movement (particularly from Diedhou) would certainly have helped the cause.
Think we’ll have to both agree to disagree re Turnbull Monty. That’s the beauty of the forum though mate. :thumbup:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 pm

No prob i see turnball will turn and pass but has no legs to run at a defence he will carry but no charge not saying he' s shite but not a speedy midfielder like i said about gerrard or camarassa as we had on loan see you in rotherham by the way will have me brolly hat on.me and mate.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:56 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:Ollie Tanner, one of his best games for us.

I think Bulut will go three centre halfs and wingbacks next year and Tanner and C'OD will be decent on the left

Yeah I can see that working

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:30 pm

montyblue wrote:No prob i see turnball will turn and pass but has no legs to run at a defence he will carry but no charge not saying he' s shite but not a speedy midfielder like i said about gerrard or camarassa as we had on loan see you in rotherham by the way will have me brolly hat on.me and mate.

:thumbup:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 pm

Tanner great effort though last weaks young hero got in the way of his progress and was too near him at times ,restricting Tanners forward performance and ability to pass to the young lad .

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:54 pm

Still Time To Vote :bluescarf: