Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A top half finish, congrats BUT

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 pm

Where on earth are we going as a club, rudderless, and we can't keep being lucky.

Re: A top half finish, congrats BUT

Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 pm

Thats a question I don't even think Tan knows the answer to.

We need a DoF desperately

Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 pm

Yes top half and only a minor fear of relegation for a few weeks easily offset with the few weeks of believing playoffs we on and I would have bitten your hand off at the start of the season........But i never considered football could be so boring :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 pm

Bulut has to change the shape of the team but I don't think he will- he hasn't all season and today is the type of car crash result that can happen when you're too narrow in midfield, no width out wide and no mobile striker.

I'm sick of the 5h1tshow for most home matches - it's terrible to watch, totally lacking in excitement. We just gift 3 points to away teams too regularly because they know we're predictable in our set-up.

Is Bulut the man to continue with City? Yes, the table puts us in a healthy position but look under the bonnet and some of the key mechanics are not working. We have lost 21 matches which is considerable.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 pm

We've been both lucky and unlucky. It's been a strange season.

So hot and cold.

Consistency is what's needed. Everywhere, from team selection, results, the manager and more!!

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:41 pm

IF Bulut stays then im confident in him going forwards.

But the issue remains regardless of whether Bulut stays because at the end of the day us fans want progression season after season and that will not happen without the funds. Funds in which Tan is unwilling to spend. And ultimately that is what could drive Bulut away from our club.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:30 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:IF Bulut stays then im confident in him going forwards.

But the issue remains regardless of whether Bulut stays because at the end of the day us fans want progression season after season and that will not happen without the funds. Funds in which Tan is unwilling to spend. And ultimately that is what could drive Bulut away from our club.

That's the problem if Tan is unwilling to spend then it doesn't matter who we have as manager we won't progress.At least Bulut has had a season with the players who are ours and the academy players that he has integrated with the first team squad. If Bulut is allowed to sign the players he says he has an interest in then maybe he will be a more forward thinking manager.He can only go with what he's got,and let's be honest we haven't got a lot in the way of strikers have we

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:41 pm

Horwath, Goutas, Philips, wilson Esbrand, Siopis, Turnbull, Bowler, Diedhou, Ugbo, are HIS players

Add NG, Ralls, CO'D, Wintle Colwill, and Robinson who are championship and of course Rambo.....It isn't that bad. Its not exactly Rotherham.

A target man or two and his excuses dry up

I think he is a bright guy and he would have learned a lot, so let us be honest, its a playoff charge for Vinny if he gets two target men through the door

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:46 pm

I think if Bulut stays and gets backed with what he needs in the Summer, I personally think we are challenging next season.

I’ve said it time and time again.
Bulut has had to play with the cards he’s been dealt. The midfield is too slow to build up attacks, and some of the attacking players are one dimensional.

If the right players are brought in, in terms of speeding up attacks from midfield, and clinical forward players, this team challenges next season.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:14 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:I think if Bulut stays and gets backed with what he needs in the Summer, I personally think we are challenging next season.

Bulut has had to play with the cards he’s been dealt. The midfield is too slow to build up attacks, and some of the attacking players are one dimensional.

If the right players are brought in, in terms of speeding up attacks from midfield, and clinical forward players, this team challenges next season.

I hope your right

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:28 pm

wez1927 wrote:
cardiffboy1995 wrote:I think if Bulut stays and gets backed with what he needs in the Summer, I personally think we are challenging next season.

I hope your right

Me too! :lol: