Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock believes Erol Bulut :

Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:20 am

Neil Warnock believes Erol Bulut has done enough to warrant another year at Cardiff City.

Neil Warnock:

“Bulut needs clarity on what to do and the clubs plans, the longer this goes on it’s not good for both parties.”

“The concern for some is that the longer this drags on, the more susceptible Cardiff are to starting next season on the back foot.”

The Bluebirds boss' future remains in the air, with his current contract up at the end of the season. Bulut has steered the club away from the relegation places, which is where they've found themselves the last two seasons, and Cardiff are now set to finish comfortably in mid-table.

Warnock himself took over a Bluebirds team at the wrong end of the table when he came on board in 2016. That first season he stabilised the club and oversaw a 12th-placed finish, before launching the promotion campaign the following season.

Warnock said: "I met him when I came down there and I like him. He is a very sensible lad. Sometimes you really forget what the ambitions of clubs are, but I think he's done really well and he warrants getting another year.

"But you just don't know what they feel behind the scenes. I really liked him. He's made some good signings as well - you're not going to get it right with every one - but they've now come back strongly after a bit of a slip and are finishing the season strongly.

"They've been safe right from the start. They did push for a week or two, you thought they could get into the play-offs, but it's a tough league this year. It's never been tougher at the top than what it's been this year.

"They have done really well. The Southampton victory didn't surprise me at all. They didn't have many shots - but it didn't matter, fans always get behind them. They could finish in that top 10, which is good."

“ He needs clarity in what’s happening and what the club plan to do.”

"It'll be interesting to see the recruitment in the summer," he added.

"Looking at the teams coming down, I think there'll be more opportunities next season to get into the top six. That's not knocking the teams coming down, but they're not like Leeds and Leicester. And Ipswich have proved what you can do, I think Kieran McKenna has done an excellent job there. It shows anything can happen.

"I think there's room for a Cardiff next year, I do. Someone to come out of the shadows and really grasp their chance. But I think recruitment is crucial this summer. But there is an opportunity there for Cardiff."

The concern for some is that the longer this drags on, the more susceptible Cardiff are to starting next season on the back foot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Warnock believes Erol Bulut :

Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:27 am

For once I agree with Warnock.

That’s quite a good summary by him to be fair.