Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

On the verge of relegation as Isaak Davies

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:49 am

Kortrijk Vincent Tans Belgium club are in the verge of relegation, the bright note to come out of Kortrijk FC is Cardiff Striker Isaak Davies scoring 11 goals in 28 appearances after only scoring 3 goals for Cardiff City in 38 appearances.

But is the Championship level just a bit to higher for Isaak Davies???

FC Kortrijk were beaten 4-2 at home by RWDM; FC Kortrijk now need to win All remaining games to have any chance of staying up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: On the verge of relegation as Isaak Davies

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:37 am

On what I saw before he left, I’d say not good enough for our level but having done well at a lower level I’d also say that we probably need to look at him again so jury out for me atm.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:00 am

My thoughts here are that he's hungry, he runs his ass off, but the style of football we play, he doesn't fit in.

Think we should look at him in preseason, but, a lot will depend on if Bulut is still here I think

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:03 am

I saw a player that needed exactly this loan spell.

I'd give him a punt.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:22 am

I would like to see Davies on the wing for us.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:41 am

I’m not convinced by Davies but I suppose a season on loan will have helped in his development.

I have no problem in him coming back to give him another try in the Championship but he’s unlikely to make it as a CF so out wide and let’s see how he goes.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:53 am

Belgian league apart from three maybe four clubs is like League 1 tbh, watched Ostende one weekend v Eupen, it was very poor.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:12 pm

I think whoever the manager is, they’ll give him a chance to impress in pre-season.

But I am still not convinced that he’s capable of playing in the Championship.

As others have said, the top few in Belgium are good but the rest of that league is very weak not to a high standard.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:38 pm

Let’s face it the league he is playing in is not of a very high standard. However we need to give him a good look at pre-season He may. time back full of confidence and for sure more experienced.
I will admit I did not see in him anything other than a hard worker before he left and not good enough for our division and he is nearly 23 so not a youngster really.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:45 pm

He broke through in probably the worst two seasons since the move to the CCS....

Soon to be a 23-year-old striker on a long deal, how much would you sell him for?

For me its all about formation and tactics as Bulut has managed to get a proven championship wide forward play as a second full back and return a paltry 6 goals.