Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Cardiff City Not Sold Out ‘

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:16 am

This year’s Supposedly Supporters player of the year do, struggling to sell out once again.

First it use to be for the Real Fans / Working Class and Good Value and Fans would mix with the players without having to pay extra money to seat near their table lol

Second: Fans could wear their football shirts and and turn up casual but smart, now it’s a tie do.

Third: If we are doing well , Sponsors get first choice.

Fourth: And Sadly the worst part , The Hierarchy thought they could make money out of it, so they took it off the Supporters Clubs and Run it through the club, I’ve not attended now for for 10 years and I never ever missed from the 1980’s- 2009.

The Supporters night is about the diehards seeing their players , not about who pays the most or dresses up for an expensive Dinner Night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Cardiff City Not Sold Out ‘

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:37 am

Absolutely.

Modern day football hey.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:32 am

Football is slowly moving away from being a working man's game.

All of these "business men" buying clubs, paying crazy wages, sky taking the piss out of the fans is pricing people out of football in general not only the events.

A father and two sons for example, it costs a fortune these days.

Bayern have the right ethos and set an example that others should follow.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:02 am

You can have a table by the players for £110- £220 per person shocking
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:03 am

Reply:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:38 pm

I think the event should be free and attendees picked through a season ticket ballot.

As posters here have said, the game is now only about extracting as much money as possible from the hardworking fan.

We should be rewarded for sitting through some turgid football!

Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 pm

Reply:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:04 pm

The prices they’ve charged for years are ridiculous, it means a lot of real fans won’t be able to attend.

I had to pay for travel for these last two home games, as well as travel and ticket for Rotherham so I can’t afford this on top of that.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:12 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The prices they’ve charged for years are ridiculous, it means a lot of real fans won’t be able to attend.

I had to pay for travel for these last two home games, as well as travel and ticket for Rotherham so I can’t afford this on top of that.

There should be discounted tickets based on the amount of away games attended and possibly for ST holders too.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:18 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:The prices they’ve charged for years are ridiculous, it means a lot of real fans won’t be able to attend.

There should be discounted tickets based on the amount of away games attended and possibly for ST holders too.

Agree totally with that.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:21 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Agree totally with that.

I agree as well

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:15 am

We (3 of us) were planning on going, but live 35 minutes away, Boro' match ending 4:50ish, back to car park, drive home, get ready, drive back, never make it!
It's was a toss up between match or evening, match will always win!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:03 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Football is slowly moving away from being a working man's game.

All of these "business men" buying clubs, paying crazy wages, sky taking the piss out of the fans is pricing people out of football in general not only the events.

A father and two sons for example, it costs a fortune these days.

Bayern have the right ethos and set an example that others should follow.

If you think football is moving away from the working man
Wait till next season a handful of games only will be played at 3pm sky have already killed mid week games.