Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Martin singles out Colwill

Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:30 am

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... ommunities

He says Rubin was outstanding. Yet he remains the whipping boy for so many, and for Bulut never has he done what Martin did there in that interview, only criticism publicly.

He was shattered when the whistle went, yet still running, keeping the ball and battling. Our only creative brain and feet in our squad. There’s more to come.

In some ways yesterday was as good as any game I can remember, because it was all about our academy protégés. And that’s what football should be all about. Local talent over global big bucks buying and selling.

I’m still Bulut out, if there had been more of yesterday through the season I would be in the opposite camp. That would not have been his team if all were fit. And I doubt that team would have had has feeling so jubilant as I am this morning, his hand was forced. Rubin was brilliant.

Re: Martin singles out Colwill

Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:41 am

Got to play him more consistently for him to grow into the player we know we can be. He’s quality

Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:03 am

Got to play him more consistently for him to grow into the player we know we can be. He’s quality

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:38 am

Wouldn't be surprised to see tiny Russ putting in a cheeky bid for him when Southampton are still in the Championship next season.

As for Rubin - played really well yesterday and was surprised to see him play the full 100 odd minutes.

Was absolutely blowing out of his arse for the last fifteen minutes or so but seemed to improve as the game went on and obviously enjoyed playing with the other youngsters.

Consistency now the key for Rubin but very good yesterday.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:12 pm

I love seeing him come deep to get the ball, when he is deeper all the boring lateral passes are slightly quicker and meaningful.

He can't do that as the wide midfielder, Bulut needs to grow a pair, he is the central attacking midfielder with Rambo making cameo's

Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:28 pm

The OP needs to understand that Colwill is a better player season because of Bulut not despite him. Like a couple of players in our squad he needs to understand he needs to be like that every week and not just one in three. Martin don't watch him week in week out.