Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Russell Martin: “ It’s unacceptable “

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:35 pm

Russell Martin spoke to BBC Radio Wales after Southampton's defeat to Cardiff:

Russell Martin:

“It's unacceptable to lose a game with the amount of chances we had.
"We should have been out of sight. We played some amazing football but it won't matter one bit because we lost. If you're not going to be clinical in their box, then you defend your own.
"Today has done us a lot of harm in terms of chasing the automatic spot, but we have to react properly now. We've got three games left. We can still get more than 90 points.
"I expect a big reaction from everyone. If it means our season is going to be extended, so be it and we have to get ready for that."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Russell Martin: “ It’s unacceptable “

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:39 pm

This must be like a dagger in his heart :lol:

Enjoy it everyone :bluebird:

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:44 pm

Let’s see him do a tactical masterclass YouTube video on that game hahahahahaha

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:24 pm

just had a quick read of one of their forums....not pretty

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:34 pm

llan bluebird wrote:just had a quick read of one of their forums....not pretty

Got any links to the funnier or more abrasive posts?

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:54 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:just had a quick read of one of their forums....not pretty

Got any links to the funnier or more abrasive posts?

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/topic/60819 ... d/page/10/

Well that’s it. Cardiff show how to win a football game against the odds and without any f*cking around. They took the very few chances presented to them whereas we fucked around. Play offs it is.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:17 am

Hee Hee. I wasn't there yesterday as ill but he looked as sick as the proverbial parrot as I watched on TV. I hope we did the swim away to him like he did to us as karma paid him back by us ending his auto ambition in a game that he and their fans had assumed they'd won before a ball was kicked. In fairness of course so did I. Which makes it even better.

Their forum was a thing of beauty after the game, they want him out and sick of his dippy tappy tippy. He's got that petulant smugness about him too when things are going well but melts like butter when they are not and plays the blame game. They are actually not a bad side, I liked the way they seized upon creating opportunities as soon as they sniffed one but then again, they have a bit more quality and players to do it of course.

A very enjoyable game topped off by RM walking around with his arse in his hands.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:37 am

He is right in that they should have been out of sight. I had a feeling when they missed a few of those sitters we were going to turn it around. That's the beauty of football.

They dominated then we brought the young substitutes on and won the game. There is a lesson there to take heed from.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:45 am

Wasn’t there yesterday as I was in my nephews wedding but we all waiting for the result to come through absolutely delighted we won absolutely delighted that we stuck a blow in there promotion hopes more delighted we beat that arrogant jb b*stard what comes round goes round I was down the Liberty when he was giving it the big one after they beat us and we saved his job just like the current manager I’ve said it all season on our day we are a match for anyone but it just hasn’t happened as much as we like

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:00 am

He's the coach he coached them to pass and pass
And not to go direct to goal this puts doubts Iin mind of players as to should they pass or shoot? Brooks open goal classic case had 2 opportunities to shoot at open goal but didn't kept hold ball to long instead of taking opportunity to attempt shot.... Ashford had one chance to shoot he did and scored ..... martin only himself to blame not players that simple really :P

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:11 am

He was full of praise for Rubin...

The ex-Swansea boss – who is being sued by his former club for breach of contract – even found time to praise a Cardiff player.

“I thought Rubin Colwill was really outstanding for them today," he added.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:11 am

His tofu wouldn’t have tasted so good this morning.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:20 am

He’ll be fine. Top manager that’s done a job on us many a time.