Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING EROL BULUT: “ THURSDAY 18TH APRIL 2024 “

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:28 am

“ EROL BULUT WILL UPDATE CARDIFF CITY FAN”

Thursday 18th April 2024

Erol Bulut:

“We dont have millions or big budgets like other clubs.”

Aaron Ramsey to miss rest of season through injury. Started seven games on his Cardiff return, finished just one of those.

Erol Bulut’s City team take on in-form Southampton who are still chasing automatic promotion.

Bulut wants to end the season with a rare home win and wants to be the manager next season for the Bluebirds.

Bulut for over 5 months has asked Vincent Tan will he still be the manager next season, but has rudely been totally ignored .

NG is out injured after playing 43 games this season, “I can’t push him anymore, he is injured and needs to rest.”

EROL BULUT:

Adding to the club's injury woes are player of the season candidates Perry Ng and Karlan Grant, the former is out for the season in a massive blow. Jamilu Collins is also out, while Callum Robinson and Josh Bowler are ill.

It adds to the already-injured cohort of Aaron Ramsey, Mark McGuinness, Jak Alnwick, Ryan Wintle and Callum O'Dowda, leaving Bulut with huge selection dilemma ahead of the clash with promotion-chasing Southampton. Ramsey's scan this week showed up a grade two hamstring tear, which puts him out for the season.

Erol Bulut says clubs are interested in NG.

Erol Bulut:

And Bulut, whose contract is up in three games' time, says that if he was asked his opinion, he believes the club should cash in if they want to generate money and fund a promotion-chasing squad next season.

“ I'm of the opinion that we have a few players where Cardiff City can make profit. We have a few players who have played well and you can turn that into an amount," he added.

“We run on a small budget and we need money in to buy new players.”

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:55 pm
Erol Bulut:

"About this decision on selling our players, it has to be from the board, so I cannot say that now or discuss it. If the club has to sell, it's something else. But in football, when players get a value, the club gets go money, so they should go for that.”

“ READ ALL EROL BULUTS UPDATES BELOW “

Erol Bulut:

"Maybe JC (Jamilu Collins) might not be with us with groin problem. (Ryan) Wintle has the problem with his ankle. The other ones, (Aaron) Ramsey, (Jak) Alnwick, (Kion) Etete - (Callum) Robinson and Josh Bowler are sick. Available players this weekend, it looks like 13 or 14.

"Today I get a report from the medical staff. Started yesterday, the sickness for Robbo and Josh. I hope tomorrow they feel better and can train with us. For now it looks not so well for us. So we will have four or five U21s with us to fill the squad."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EROL BULUT:

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:29 am

TEAM NEWS:

EROL BULUT:

“We have up to 12 players out, below are long term.”

“Callum O'Dowda could be out for the rest of the season.”

“Kion and Josh are out for the rest of the season.”

“Mark McGuinness is getting there.”

“Aaron Ramsey we are still hopeful.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:29 am

Erol Bulut:

"It's not nice to have this many injuries , but right now we have 12 injuries," Bulut said. "This weekend a few will not be with us. Sickness, strains. Ng, a strain, for him the season is over. KG Achilles problems, he won't be with us.”

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:33 am

Last 3 Remaining Fixtures:

20/04/2024 Cardiff City v Southampton Crowd Away Support

27/04/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Middlesbrough

04/05/2024 12:30 Rotherham United v Cardiff City

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 am

Erol Bulut:

"Maybe JC (Jamilu Collins) might not be with us with groin problem. (Ryan) Wintle has the problem with his ankle. The other ones, (Aaron) Ramsey, (Jak) Alnwick, (Kion) Etete - (Callum) Robinson and Josh Bowler are sick. Available players this weekend, it looks like 13 or 14.

"Today I get a report from the medical staff. Started yesterday, the sickness for Robbo and Josh. I hope tomorrow they feel better and can train with us. For now it looks not so well for us. So we will have four or five U21s with us to fill the squad."

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:37 am

Cardiff City manager Erol Bulut is reportedly on a seven-man shortlist to take the Besiktas job this summer and EFL Championship
Clubs have been monitoring Bulut.

Bulut's contract is up at the end of the season, meaning he has only three games left as Bluebirds manager, at the time of writing. The decision with regards to his future lies solely in the hands of Vincent Tan.

Bulut was brought over with the remit of getting the team into the top half of the table, perhaps even the top 10, with a view to building on that next year. The manager has steered Cardiff away from the relegation dogfight, in which they have been embroiled for the last two seasons, and they currently sit in 11th place with three games to play.

Bulut has for five months asked the Cardiff City “what are their plans, do they want him to stay?” He has received no answers at all.

And other clubs now appear to be monitoring the manager's situation. Indeed, Turkish outlet Fanatik claim that Bulut is among a handful of people being considered to take over from former Portugal boss Fernando Santos, who was axed by Besiktas at the weekend. Santos' assistant, Serdar Topraktepe, has taken over until the end of the season.

Besiktas is one of Turkey's three biggest and most successful clubs, alongside Fenerbahce, whom Bulut has previously managed, and Galatasaray.

Other notable names reportedly on Besiktas' list are Chelsea legend Frank Lampard, ex-Bayern Munich and Germany boss Hansi Flick, former Monaco and Wolfsburg manager Niko Kovac, AC Milan great Gennaro Gattuso, Borussia Dortmund manager Edin Terzic and Antalyaspor boss Sergen Yalçın.

It looks unlikely that Bulut's situation will be resolved until after the season, similar to Sabri Lamouchi's situation 12 months ago. Lamouchi also carried out his remit of keeping the club in the Championship, but Tan decided to let him leave, with a lack of "chemistry" with the owner the reason cited.

It's fair to say that while fans will have their gripes about certain aspects of Bulut's time in charge of Cardiff so far, there is an overwhelming desire among supporters for him to stay. Whether that transpires or not is down to only one man.

Cardiff City fans want stability and want to go forward, not backwards again.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:38 am

Erol Bulut:

"At the end NG cannot push any more to help the team. But many players have tried really hard with small injuries. KG (Grant), JC, Ng, Rallsy (Joe Ralls), Wints (Wintle), Sio (Manolis Siopis), Dimi (Dimitrios Goutas), Nat (Phillips). But we don't have a squad to replace players."

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:39 am

Erol Bulut:

Adding to the club's injury woes are player of the season candidates Perry Ng and Karlan Grant, the former is out for the season in a massive blow. Jamilu Collins is also out, while Callum Robinson and Josh Bowler are ill.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:40 am

Erol Bulut:

It adds to the already-injured cohort of Aaron Ramsey, Mark McGuinness, Jak Alnwick, Ryan Wintle and Callum O'Dowda, leaving Bulut with huge selection dilemma ahead of the clash with promotion-chasing Southampton. Ramsey's scan this week showed up a grade two hamstring tear, which puts him out for the season.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:42 am

Erol Bulut on NG:

Asked about whether he expected interest in Ng this summer, Bulut said: "I know already some clubs are interested in him. Maybe the club will get extra calls regarding Ng. In my opinion, he played a great season, six goals and four assists. For a right-back, that's good!"

When pushed on whether these offers are from the Premier League, the Bluebirds boss replied: "I think he will also get offers abroad, in Europe. He is good, but of course, the Premier League is a different calibre. He knows this also. I spoke with him about that.“

“I believe NG could play in the Premiership.”

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:44 am

Erol Bulut:

And Bulut, whose contract is up in three games' time, says that if he was asked his opinion, he believes the club should cash in if they want to generate money and fund a promotion-chasing squad next season.

“ I'm of the opinion that we have a few players where Cardiff City can make profit. We have a few players who have played well and you can turn that into an amount," he added.

“We run on a small budget and we need money in to buy new players.”

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:45 am

Erol Bulut:

“ NG “

"He has played 43 games," Bulut added. "The pain he has is already playing three or four weeks like this. Not only him. We have small details always. I also have to put a thanks to some players who played with small injuries and pains the last three or four games. From there you can see how much you can focus on that to get more points.

"At the end he cannot push any more to help the team. But many players have tried really hard with small injuries. KG (Grant), JC, Ng, Rallsy (Joe Ralls), Wints (Wintle), Sio (Manolis Siopis), Dimi (Dimitrios Goutas), Nat (Phillips). But we don't have a squad to replace players."

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:52 am

EROL BULUT: “ CRITICISM “

16th April 2024

By Gareth James

Erol Bulut:

“It’s normal that people criticise me, fans, media, this is my job. I am not perfect. I have to learn a lot of things,” said Bulut.

“But you cannot say this season that it is luck that we are here with 59 points. I am long enough in this business, I played football for 20 years.

“In the press sometimes I am reading these things, someone wants to show that all our work this season is bad. This I do not accept.

“I know what my guys did this season. What we did all this season. No one can speak badly about our work.

“It’s enough. All the last few weeks I am reading these things, getting these messages. Until now I never spoke about these things. But enough is enough.

“They can criticise me, I don’t have any problem with this. But I think they do it on purpose, these messages.

“Of course, we are reading this, the players are reading this, it affects us also. It affects players. When you speak about players, the coach, our game, things like this, it affects the players.”

Bulut also had harsh words for his players, questioning their mental strength after they lost for the fourth time in six matches.

“The main thing is the mentality, how you go in the game, if you want to change this game, if you want to win this game, what you are expecting from yourself individually,” he added..

“I can speak only to my players, but the mentality on the field has to change, especially in the second half.

“Consistency is the biggest problem that we have this season. If it was a little bit different then we would be speaking now about different things.

“It was like day and night. In the first half it was clear that the better team was Cardiff but we conceded two goals and the second half was not acceptable.

“If you have these small mistakes in your game then it is difficult to come back.”

Re: BREAKING EROL BULUT: “ THURSDAY 18TH APRIL 2024 “

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:28 pm

ETHAN HORVATH:

“All we can control is the gameplan we set out and try and execute that to the best of our abilities."

“We are not playing for nothing, we are playing for the fans and our selves.”

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:46 pm

Ramsey and O’Dowda have been a disaster and don’t deserve their wages. Robinson is a joke. What’s the matter with him now? A cold. And what EXACTLY is wrong with Alnwick? With these injuries we will probably drop down 3 more league places by the end of the season which is a real shame. I do feel sorry hope Bullit. It must be really demoralising for him.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:55 pm

Erol Bulut:

"About this decision on selling our players, it has to be from the board, so I cannot say that now or discuss it. If the club has to sell, it's something else. But in football, when players get a value, the club gets go money, so they should go for that.”

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:56 pm

Erol Bulut:

"We don't have that amount of millions or the budget of others in the Championship. We have to be clear on this. When we see how much other clubs invest in the season and how much we invest and what we get in the end, I think we can be really satisfied. We didn't invest any money in transfers, but we have a good profit. I think we are top of the league for that.

"When I see how many millions some clubs have invested... this decision should make the board, after the last three games, decide in which direction the club wants to go."

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:07 pm

Erol Bulut:

“For us, of course it will be a good motivation to play against Southampton."

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:35 pm

This article from the BBC from a similar time last season and doesn’t this just sound like exactly what’s happening now with current manager Erol Bulut ?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:This article from the BBC from a similar time last season and doesn’t this just sound like exactly what’s happening now with current manager Erol Bulut ?

Very similar.

It worries me how Tan doesn't seem to know what he's doing next season.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:59 pm

Aaron Ramsey to miss rest of season through injury. Started seven games on his Cardiff return, finished just one of those.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:27 pm

Erol Bulut on who is Saleable at Cardiff City:

“NG has already attracted a lot of interest.”

Bulut added: "For sure, Rubin (Colwill) is one of them. Macca (Mark McGuinness) is one of them. Wintle is one of them. It depends what amount, £10m is big, £3m is not big, but you have to see what offers you've got in the last years, from what you've said, there's been nothing.”