Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you watch other football?

You may select 1 option

View results

Do you watch other football?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:09 pm

Genuine question to everyone, do you watch other football games on TV?

Or do you just watch City games?

Could be interesting, heard that Arsenal defender Ben White doesn’t like football so doesn’t watch it.

I watch as many games as I can, for example will watch Man City v Real Madrid tonight.

Also normally go to a pub with Sky/TNT on pre-match when I watch us so can see a bit of the early game.

Re: Do you watch other football?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:29 pm

I have zero interest in any team other than Cardiff.

Never watch Match of The Day or other highlight programmes.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:47 pm

Meh, I'm pretty indifferent unless they’re games with something riding on them. I’ll watch the champions league games tonight but then not watch anything other than Cardiff for a few weeks.

I much prefer watching competitive rugby if I’m honest, the pansy players throwing themselves on the floor makes me sick.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:55 pm

Love watching any football or listening on the radio, cricket too. Infact most sport, even the American Football since they aired a weekly live match on channel 5, no adverts either.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:26 pm

I watch quite a lot of live football on TV. Currently watching Man city v Real Madrid, although I don't usually watch champions league games.

As far as highlights are concerned, I watch the EFL highlights programme but I haven't watched motd since we were first in the prem and realised they only show highlights that benefit the big clubs. I also don't like lineker.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:50 pm

I only watch City religiously, and then the premier league during the darkest winter months. I missed all this weekend's games as the weather was OK

Champions League doesn't interest me, nor internationals or the FA cup

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:04 pm

MikeO76 wrote:I watch quite a lot of live football on TV. Currently watching Man city v Real Madrid, although I don't usually watch champions league games.

As far as highlights are concerned, I watch the EFL highlights programme but I haven't watched motd since we were first in the prem and realised they only show highlights that benefit the big clubs. I also don't like lineker.

Agree about MOTD.

When we were in the PL, they didn’t show stuff that was in our favour yet they showed less significant stuff from the so called big clubs.

Lineker also has a habit of leading the pundits to talk about the top clubs and ignore the bottom clubs.

Shame because Manish Bhasin was brilliant for the BBC when they had the Football League Show.

Shearer not great as well because clearly doesn’t like us due to nearly being our manager and then it didn’t happen because of fan backlash.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:I watch quite a lot of live football on TV. Currently watching Man city v Real Madrid, although I don't usually watch champions league games.

Agree about MOTD.

When we were in the PL, they didn’t show stuff that was in our favour yet they showed less significant stuff from the so called big clubs.

Lineker also has a habit of leading the pundits to talk about the top clubs and ignore the bottom clubs.

Shame because Manish Bhasin was brilliant for the BBC when they had the Football League Show.

Shearer not great as well because clearly doesn’t like us due to nearly being our manager and then it didn’t happen because of fan backlash.

I enjoyed the Football League show with Manish Bhasin, he presented it really well.

It was our home game Liverpool when we lost 3-6 that was the final straw for me and motd. There were 3 big incidents that they completely ignored.
Gerrard should have been sent off for kicking Declan john off the ball, minutes after receiving a yellow card.
Jordan Mutch was told to leave the field after the physio came on which he didn't want which meant we were down to 9 men facing a corner which Liverpool scored from.
And a Liverpool player forearm smashed Fabio in the chest in the lead up to there 5th or 6th goal.
None of these were talked about on motd :banghead:

All they wanted to talk about was that goofy toothed tw@t Suarez. If there's ever been a football player that doesn't deserve the limelight, it's him.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:38 pm

I only support Cardiff, but I do enjoy a good game of football from a neutral perspective, regardless of if it is Premier League, La Liga, Champions League or National League.

If its boring I'll turn it off.

The only boring games I'll watch is City ones.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:34 pm

I watch all and any football given the chance. I absolutely love it.

Can't get on with womens football though. I've tried, definately not sexist... its just a different product.

Park football to all levels on the telly.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:57 pm

SB 1927 wrote:I watch all and any football given the chance. I absolutely love it.

Can't get on with womens football though. I've tried, definately not sexist... its just a different product.

Park football to all levels on the telly.

Have to agree and I’m not being sexist at all.

It’s just a different game that’s being played at a completely different pace.

Tried to watch their World Cup/Euros but just couldn’t get into it.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 am

Over the years I have watched other teams that I enjoying watching there football Currently Man City , Arsenal and Liverpool Thou I can’t stand Liverpool as a club but have enjoyed the football under Klopp. Back in 90s and early park of 2000s it was Man Utd and Arsenal.
So not supporting any of the teams but just enjoying good football

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:04 am

Over the years I have watched other teams that I enjoying watching there football Currently Man City , Arsenal and Liverpool Thou I can’t stand Liverpool as a club but have enjoyed the football under Klopp. Back in 90s and early park of 2000s it was Man Utd and Arsenal.
So not supporting any of the teams but just enjoying good football

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:56 pm

Apart from Cardiff.....

I look out for the following

Scotland:
Rangers - Supported them since I had a Raleigh Ranger cycle when an 8 year old (honest story and reason!)

Spain:
Barcelona (because of the Catalunyan Independence connection) and A.Baleares

Malta:
Gzira - When my wife was in a coma in 2016 their restaurant really looked after me - and I have provided them photography