Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

For an easier Championship next season

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:07 am

What teams do you want to get promoted.

WBA and Norwich - I'm not too bothered about them

Southampton. I can't see them being any better next season than this year and not setting the world alight this year.

Leeds are always dangerous so would like them to go up

Leicester - if they stay down will they lose players in the summer. And did someone say they are on a points deduction.

Ipswich - if they don't make it will they be able to repeat next season.

So for me Leeds definately. Not sure on number two

Re: For an easier Championship next season

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:59 am

Paul looking at teams about to be relegated and those going for promotion next season looks like the best opportunity for a big push for top 2 places for any club with ambition to get to premier league.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:24 pm

Southampton, Leeds, Leicester.

Their squads are levels above every other team in the division, including Ipswich.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Paul looking at teams about to be relegated and those going for promotion next season looks like the best opportunity for a big push for top 2 places for any club with ambition to get to premier league.

I agree. If we can have a promising summer we could have a very interesting season with promotion available to anyone wanting to make a reasonable investment in the playing squad.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Paul looking at teams about to be relegated and those going for promotion next season looks like the best opportunity for a big push for top 2 places for any club with ambition to get to premier league.

Completely agree with that Al and have thought it for some time. I know things change over the summer but the way it's looking, it would be a good time for any team to invest and have a proper go.

Yet still the usual radio silence from Tan and the board and we don't even know if EB will be around.

So what's the plan, Tan?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:36 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:

Completely agree with that Al and have thought it for some time. I know things change over the summer but the way it's looking, it would be a good time for any team to invest and have a proper go.

Yet still the usual radio silence from Tan and the board and we don't even know if EB will be around.

So what's the plan, Tan?

There is something not sitting right with me? Buluts agent must have overtures from prospective clubs as not signed or been offered new contract...... so why the silence from him he could simply say not staying same as club could say same? All well him saying no idea what's happening about contract when it's in his power to simply say I'm going as not offered me a deal afterall hes only got 5 games left what is he waiting for?? "Christmas" :lol:

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

So what's the plan, Tan?

There is something not sitting right with me? Buluts agent must have overtures from prospective clubs as not signed or been offered new contract...... so why the silence from him he could simply say not staying same as club could say same? All well him saying no idea what's happening about contract when it's in his power to simply say I'm going as not offered me a deal afterall hes only got 5 games left what is he waiting for?? "Christmas" :lol:

Me neither mate, 3 games left and still nada. I think FFP could be a significant factor again budgetwise so if VT is going to have a go, he's going to have to finance it which pushes his liability even further. But whatever, you'd think we would know something by now, especially on the EB side of things.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:11 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

So what's the plan, Tan?

Me too mate, 3 games left and still nada. I think FFP could be a significant factor again budgetwise so if VT is going to have a go, he's going to have to finance it which pushes his liability even further. But whatever, you'd think we would know something by now, especially on the EB side of things.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:44 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

So what's the plan, Tan?

Me too mate, 3 games left and still nada. I think FFP could be a significant factor again budgetwise so if VT is going to have a go, he's going to have to finance it which pushes his liability even further. But whatever, you'd think we would know something by now, especially on the EB side of things.

We will be in better position ffp wise this coming season but we won't be only club keeping close eye on spending... bulut says one thing then contrdicts it later been doing it all season so dont believe he knows nothing even allowing for tans idiosyncrasies when it comes go running club... says he's spoken to dalman about contract but not Tan?? And is looking at players he whants why ? Strange very strange

Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:29 pm

Lets just hope a takeover is imminent.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:33 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:Southampton, Leeds, Leicester.

Their squads are levels above every other team in the division, including Ipswich.

Agree. These three for me too.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

So what's the plan, Tan?

We will be in better position ffp wise this coming season but we won't be only club keeping close eye on spending... bulut says one thing then contrdicts it later been doing it all season so dont believe he knows nothing even allowing for tans idiosyncrasies when it comes go running club... says he's spoken to dalman about contract but not Tan?? And is looking at players he whants why ? Strange very strange

Not so sure about FFP wise Al. It's a rolling 3 year period moving average and the last two puts us at £38M. (27+11). The max average allowed is 13x3 so £39M, I maybe wrong but that's how I read it at present., which doesn't leave much wriggle room. We will see I guess.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:26 pm

montyblue wrote:Lets just hope a takeover is imminent.

Monty it's GB coming out retirement to play for home town club! :o

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:41 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

So what's the plan, Tan?

Not so sure about FFP wise Al. It's a rolling 3 year period moving average and the last two puts us at £38M. (27+11). The max average allowed is 13x3 so £39M, I maybe wrong but that's how I read it at present., which doesn't leave much wriggle room. We will see I guess.

See your point but a lot more involved than simple losses of x amount.... took s look at ffp for championship and was total gobblygook without giving a precise amount.... but like say we will see

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:30 pm

Leicester, SOTON & Leeds would probably have to have quite a bit of a sale if they don't go straight back up whereas Ipswich may add to what they have. So I would love to see Ipswich make automatics and then watch two of those three brick it during the playoffs and hopefully both fail :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

So what's the plan, Tan?

See your point but a lot more involved than simple losses of x amount.... took s look at ffp for championship and was total gobblygook without giving a precise amount.... but like say we will see

I reviewed it with someone who knows the detail and it seems that the figures I've quoted are ultimately where we are. But wherever we are, I just hope all is revealed soon about what Tans plan is, the silence is deafening.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:04 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

So what's the plan, Tan?

I reviewed it with someone who knows the detail and it seems that the figures I've quoted are ultimately where we are. But wherever we are, I just hope all is revealed soon about what Tans plan is, the silence is deafening.

Yes hope we hear about clubs plans but be ghere as usual.... as for ffp if its over 3 years at 39m in total can see only 1m below limit available so whatever we save on sending loans back and players we get rid off thats our budget minus any other running losses incurred? ..... but like said other things need to be taken into consideration to arrive at ffp limit well hope so or its poundland again.... ;)

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

So what's the plan, Tan?

Yes hope we hear about clubs plans but be ghere as usual.... as for ffp if its over 3 years at 39m in total can see only 1m below limit available so whatever we save on sending loans back and players we get rid off thats our budget minus any other running losses incurred? ..... but like said other things need to be taken into consideration to arrive at ffp limit well hope so or its poundland again.... ;)

It seems like that's where we are with everything taken into consideration and the secondary specialist audit was what delayed us in Jan that proves it, the dark arts of getting around it are being closed down. But if Tan puts more money in to balance it, then no problem it would appear, the question is, will he, if EB is here or not. Everything will be geared as to the boards (Tans) plan for next season and it all works back from there, including if EB is deemed the right person to deliver whatever the Tan Plan is.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:51 pm

It seems like that's where we are with everything taken into consideration and the secondary specialist audit was what delayed us in Jan that proves it, the dark arts of getting around it are being closed down. But if Tan puts more money in to balance it, then no problem it would appear, the question is, will he, if EB is here or not. Everything will be geared as to the boards (Tans) plan for next season and it all works back from there, including if EB is deemed the right person to deliver whatever the Tan Plan is.[/quote]

Maybe it won't be upto tan come start of new season? :lol:

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:00 pm

by GrangeEndStar »
⁷It seems like that's where we are with everything taken into consideration and the secondary specialist audit was what delayed us in Jan that proves it, the dark arts of getting around it are being closed down. But if Tan puts more money in to balance it, then no problem it would appear, the question is, will he, if EB is here or not. Everything will be geared as to the boards (Tans) plan for next season and it all works back from there, including if EB is deemed the right person to deliver whatever the Tan Plan is.[/quote]

Maybe it won't be upto tan come start of new season? :lol

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:05 pm

Which ever teams are in the Championship next season .... There are No Easy Games In The Championship ;)

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:31 am

pembroke allan wrote:by GrangeEndStar »
⁷It seems like that's where we are with everything taken into consideration and the secondary specialist audit was what delayed us in Jan that proves it, the dark arts of getting around it are being closed down. But if Tan puts more money in to balance it, then no problem it would appear, the question is, will he, if EB is here or not. Everything will be geared as to the boards (Tans) plan for next season and it all works back from there, including if EB is deemed the right person to deliver whatever the Tan Plan is.

Maybe it won't be upto tan come start of new season? :lol[/quote]

He won't sell anytime soon Al, his liabilities here now represent a significant part of his wealth and he wants it back. But Tans best option of trying to get some of his money back is to admit to himself that he needs help and get someone proven in to run the entire football show and let them get on with it. His stubbornness has been his strength but in City's case, it's his weakness. And that could happen overnight if he wanted to

Meanwhile, we await the latest Tan Plan with bated breath.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:
⁷It seems like that's where we are with everything taken into consideration and the secondary specialist audit was what delayed us in Jan that proves it, the dark arts of getting around it are being closed down. But if Tan puts more money in to balance it, then no problem it would appear, the question is, will he, if EB is here or not. Everything will be geared as to the boards (Tans) plan for next season and it all works back from there, including if EB is deemed the right person to deliver whatever the Tan Plan is.

He won't sell anytime soon Al, his liabilities here now represent a significant part of his wealth and he wants it back. But Tans best option of trying to get some of his money back is to admit to himself that he needs help and get someone proven in to run the entire football show and let them get on with it. His stubbornness has been his strength but in City's case, it's his weakness. And that could happen overnight if he wanted to

Meanwhile, we await the latest Tan Plan with bated breath.[/quote]

Can't wait yo see what anyones plan for club is? What's for sure is he won't get his money back we'll not the reported £200m... technically I suppose he's already lost it as it is mostly shares now so already gone from his account ... lots owners lost such money by selling club at price below their investment ..... cut his losses seems like better option considering he is supposed to be putting in millions a season for no return.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 am

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Can't wait yo see what anyones plan for club is? What's for sure is he won't get his money back we'll not the reported £200m... technically I suppose he's already lost it as it is mostly shares now so already gone from his account ... lots owners lost such money by selling club at price below their investment ..... cut his losses seems like better option considering he is supposed to be putting in millions a season for no return.[/quote]

It's a lot more than £200M as it stands. He really is left with two choices. Sell to a better owner at a loss. Or get someone in who can run the show and then sell when we are in PL. Continuing as he is is of course an option, but nothing will change and the black hole will get deeper.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Can't wait yo see what anyones plan for club is? What's for sure is he won't get his money back we'll not the reported £200m... technically I suppose he's already lost it as it is mostly shares now so already gone from his account ... lots owners lost such money by selling club at price below their investment ..... cut his losses seems like better option considering he is supposed to be putting in millions a season for no return.

It's a lot more than £200M as it stands. He really is left with two choices. Sell to a better owner at a loss. Or get someone in who can run the show and then sell when we are in PL. Continuing as he is is of course an option, but nothing will change and the black hole will get deeper.[/quote]

Personally think he's come to the end he seems to have relinquished his hold on his tourism buisness empire natural progression to do same with club don't think he's got the enthusiasm for day yo day running of club hence dalmans more hands on approach like "bulut " and investment .....which makes me think more investment on way not directly from dalman though.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:50 pm

Leeds, Southampton and West Brom.

Leeds and Southampton clearly have quality players and will improve them even more this summer, whether they go up or not.

West Brom have new owners who will spend a lot of money. Would rather they weren’t in the Championship next season.

Ipswich would lose players if they don’t go up.

Leicester will crumble if they don’t go up, because of all their financial issues.