Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut; “ Criticism “

Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:40 am

EROL BULUT: “ CRITICISM “

Tuesday 16th April 2024

By Gareth James

Erol Bulut:

“It’s normal that people criticise me, fans, media, this is my job. I am not perfect. I have to learn a lot of things,” said Bulut.

“But you cannot say this season that it is luck that we are here with 59 points. I am long enough in this business, I played football for 20 years.

“In the press sometimes I am reading these things, someone wants to show that all our work this season is bad. This I do not accept.

“I know what my guys did this season. What we did all this season. No one can speak badly about our work.

“It’s enough. All the last few weeks I am reading these things, getting these messages. Until now I never spoke about these things. But enough is enough.

“They can criticise me, I don’t have any problem with this. But I think they do it on purpose, these messages.

“Of course, we are reading this, the players are reading this, it affects us also. It affects players. When you speak about players, the coach, our game, things like this, it affects the players.”

Bulut also had harsh words for his players, questioning their mental strength after they lost for the fourth time in six matches.

“The main thing is the mentality, how you go in the game, if you want to change this game, if you want to win this game, what you are expecting from yourself individually,” he added..

“I can speak only to my players, but the mentality on the field has to change, especially in the second half.

“Consistency is the biggest problem that we have this season. If it was a little bit different then we would be speaking now about different things.

“It was like day and night. In the first half it was clear that the better team was Cardiff but we conceded two goals and the second half was not acceptable.

“If you have these small mistakes in your game then it is difficult to come back.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut; “ Criticism “

Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:07 am

It's only right that he comes out fighting as some of the criticism has been over the top.He won't be short of offers if he leaves.

Re: Erol Bulut; “ Criticism “

Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:12 am

It's good to hear strong, no-nonsense words from the manager. I hope this translates to an improved 90 minute effort from the boys on the weekend.