Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Burnley In for Isaak Davies?

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:29 pm

For me Isaak has had a great season on loan, followed all kv Kortrijk results this season, Key game for them tomorrow. Great job, the best player this season. Now some crazy relegation play off’s coming up.

Many posts on this during the year, needs to come home and be given a full season in my view….

Due to his success this season, by finally starting games and being given minutes, many clubs will be in for him as reported, but if Burnley, or when Burnley come down, they will target him and look to add him to their squad, I hope we stop moves like this and keep him

Re: Burnley In for Isaak Davies?

Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:22 pm

Yes we simply need to stop moves like this happening. He needs to be given a proper chance here. Issak is our real gem to be honest (ahead of Rubin and Cian) Hopefully Tan doesn't just see £ signs.
We also need to stop moves for the likes of NG aswell if we wish to progress.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:05 pm

Let him go there. Big difference between the Belgian league and the Championship.

So just let him go. A bit like when we conned WBA into giving us money for Zohore.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:30 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Let him go there. Big difference between the Belgian league and the Championship.

So just let him go. A bit like when we conned WBA into giving us money for Zohore.

100% with you Ned,

Remember I said this, Burnley won’t buy him.

Bells told me he recommended Davies to them they showed big interest, but NO Money was actually ever offered, Glen Williams and Dalman lol

Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Let him go there. Big difference between the Belgian league and the Championship.

100% with you Ned,

Remember I said this, Burnley won’t buy him.

Bells told me he recommended Davies to them they showed big interest, but NO Money was actually ever offered, Glen Williams and Dalman lol

In a team that score very few goals and don’t make a lot of chances etc.. it’s clear he has had a great season, should be given a spell in the team if he returns.

Can only give my view, but sad if we let him go, good player will do well in my view in his career. This was the starting point he needed to do that.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:49 am

You may well be right about Davies but I always thought Mark Harris had the potential with game time to be a Championship striker. We may yet get to see if that's true as his goals for Oxford has them in a League 1 playoffs position and we may be lining up against him next season. Problem is that City has an unenviable record of players regularly hitting the back of the net after they leave us.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:53 am

I don't see him being good enough for Burnley to go in for him.

That being said, if we don't bring in a top striker this summer, I would give him the pre season to show if he has improved enough to play a part for us next season.

He can't play as a lone striker in the championship though so that's another factor in us letting him go, if we do

Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:26 am

Belgian league is ranked 8th in Europe only the big 5 Dutch and Portuguese league ahead of it and Club Burgues are in a good position to make a European semi final

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:30 pm

Issac does not suit our poor brand of slow football that’s been bedded into our team let him go to a team who play on the front foot then you will see what he is capable of doing we like signing carthorses with no energy or pace his career will be much more positive elsewhere