Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: Cardiff with nothing to play for and Millwall de

Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:56 pm

MY VIEW:

Cardiff with nothing to play for and Millwall desperately needing a win.

Over all Millwall deserved the win.

For me Cardiff did not deserve to go in at h/t losing.

Millwall were the better team in the 2nd -half.

The game was very lively over all and you could see how desperate Millwall wanted to win to pull away from the bottom 3.

Cardiff did have their chances and at time played well, but Millwall needed this win.

Atmosphere fantastic from both sets of fans

FIRST-HALF: For me , Cardiff over all were the better team but bad defending and for me not good from Horvath , I don’t rate him.

9th min, early pressure from Millwall,

GOAL! Millwall 1-0 Cardiff City (Obafemi 9)

Lobbed ball over the top and Obafemi wins it. He is at a narrow angle but smashed it past Horvath at the near post. The keeper should have done better with that.

Cardiff deservedly 24th min:
GOAL! Millwall 1-1 Cardiff City (Meite 24)
It was a familiar type of goal for Cardiff - a set piece. Beautiful delivery from a free-kick from Colwill and, credit to Meite, he still had a lot to do, but sent a powerful header under pressure from two defenders to beat Sarkic at his near post. 1-1.

35th min, it looked a penalty for Millwall
Ref was getting loads of abuse from Millwall fans
It looked a penalty and our fans say Refs are against us.

Millwall finished the stronger

Horvath not good again
GOAL! Millwall 2-1 Cardiff City (Cooper 45+4)
Esse has loads of room after Cardiff lose the ball and he stabs a cross into the middle of the box. Longman flicks it on and it finds Cooper at the back post, he smashed home from close range.

SECOND-HALF:

59th min: Wintle and Diedhiou on. Siopis and Meite off.

Horvath has to make a great save in the 60th min, so far Millwall were in total control.
M

70th min:

Ralls off for Turnbull.

Bowler off for Ashford.

74min: Rubin off Tanner on

The game lost its structure and became frustrating.

Millwall were def the better team this half.

Millwall made it 3-1 in 94th min

MILLWALL 3 CARDIFF CITY 1
H-T 2-1
Crowd 18,838
Away Support 1,410

Cardiff City: Horvath; Ng, Goutas, Phillips, Collins; Siopis, Ralls, Bowler, R. Colwill, Grant; Meite.

Subs: Turner, Wintle, J. Colwill, Turnbull, Conte, Sawyers, Tanner, Ashford, Diedhiou.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: Cardiff with nothing to play for and Millwal

Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:59 pm

A very disappointing performance with the usual suspects making individual errors again. 3 games to go and then hopefully we see the back of most of these players.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:00 pm

Once again silly mistakes costing us goals, and of course lack of quality for all to see.

A big rebuild needed for next season

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:01 pm

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:01 pm

First half was decent and we were unlucky to go in 2-1 down, all down to another Colwill mistake.

Second half less good.

You can see it meant a lot to Millwall, that win will see them safe.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:02 pm

kyle08 wrote:Once again silly mistakes costing us goals, and of course lack of quality for all to see.

How many rebuilds is this?? Next season will be a hard watch.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:05 pm

Will we get a few strikers in next seadon meite farmer dido need to go a shit show all seadon upfront perry ng still top scorer dido is a donkey when we needed a sori kaba.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:06 pm

Didn't waste my time watching it, much more interesting games on today. The team will have their holiday heads on now and the football was bad enough before that. Roll on next season with a new owner ( unlikely).

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:11 pm

Updated:

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:13 pm

montyblue wrote:Will we get a few strikers in next seadon meite farmer dido need to go a shit show all seadon upfront perry ng still top scorer dido is a donkey when we needed a sori kaba.

Would help monty if we actually try to score not play possession football inside own half 62% possession with 3 corners and 4 shots even moore would look like that donkey you love to quote.... :lol: went 15 mins in 2nd half without going in their penalty area despite majority of the possession in that Time! Absolutely no excuse for the pedestrian way we played 2nd half..... :banghead:

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:16 pm

Overall I thought that was pathetic by us.

No urgency what so ever and that 2nd half was shocking. We were like a bunch of rabbits starring at headlights. Millwall pushed us aside and deserved those 3 points. Our lot deserve the criticism they are going to get.

While am at it lets not bother playing Tanner again.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:Will we get a few strikers in next seadon meite farmer dido need to go a shit show all seadon upfront perry ng still top scorer dido is a donkey when we needed a sori kaba.

Would help monty if we actually try to score not play possession football inside own half 62% possession with 3 corners and 4 shots even moore would look like that donkey you love to quote.... :lol: went 15 mins in 2nd half without going in their penalty area despite majority of the possession in that Time! Absolutely no excuse for the pedestrian way we played 2nd half..... :banghead:

That's the Bulut way of playing the game, mate. Slow, deliberate football trying not to lose the game but also trying not to win.

Decent tactic in Turkey but not in the EFL Championship. We are so easy to play against.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:21 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:Once again silly mistakes costing us goals, and of course lack of quality for all to see.

How many rebuilds is this?? Next season will be a hard watch.

Every season is a rebuild and that applies to around 16 clubs in championship ... all clubs take up 5 loans plus end contracts so average rebuild 8 to 9 players if replaced all of them... need to sign quality players if we are to slow the rebuild down

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:44 pm

Updated:

Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:08 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Overall I thought that was pathetic by us.

No urgency what so ever and that 2nd half was shocking. We were like a bunch of rabbits starring at headlights. Millwall pushed us aside and deserved those 3 points. Our lot deserve the criticism they are going to get.

While am at it lets not bother playing Tanner again.

Totally agree
A lot of players weren’t at it today , and Tanner that was his worst game , doesn’t deserve to be in the team for next games

Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:40 pm

So playing the youngsters is not working

Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:10 pm

Bebbsyboy wrote:So playing the youngsters is not working

Well Ashford done well again , and colwills brother didn’t come on again but I wudnt class Tanner as a youngster as this is his 2nd season
Just get them on for longer game time and im sure they will do well, can’t do any worse than what’s there now

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:24 pm

13/04/2024 Millwall 3 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 18,838 Away Support. 1,410

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:24 pm

Hmmmm?

Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:16 am

Richy roofer ccfc wrote:

Well Ashford done well again , and colwills brother didn’t come on again but I wudnt class Tanner as a youngster as this is his 2nd season
Just get them on for longer game time and im sure they will do well, can’t do any worse than what’s there now

Tanner is nowhere near championship level and he is here until 2027 !!!!!!!

Good 20 mins for Ashford as he needs exposure to the physical step-up between u21 and the championship. Nice L2 loan for next season, (same for Joel Colwill)

Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:49 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Richy roofer ccfc wrote:

Good 20 mins for Ashford as he needs exposure to the physical step-up between u21 and the championship. Nice L2 loan for next season, (same for Joel Colwill)

L2 loan for Ashford next season?

I think he adds something to the first team and would like to see him with the first team next season

Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:18 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
Richy roofer ccfc wrote:

L2 loan for Ashford next season?

I think he adds something to the first team and would like to see him with the first team next season

That's how we wreck them. They need to learn the game, the professional men's game is a world away from U21. 10 min and 15mins here or there does nothing for them. Colwill and I Davies needed to go earlier. King and Davies will come back far better next season.
If we are relying on a kid from the U21's next season its going to be a long season.