Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just like Wednesday night, the away fans sing "Erol Bulut,

Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:08 pm

Just like Wednesday night, the away fans sing "Erol Bulut, we want you to stay

In big numbers / loud and clear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Just like Wednesday night, the away fans sing "Erol Bulu

Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:22 pm

We need a great performance at home , before I am convinced

Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:18 pm

Not convinced either and never have been.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:18 pm

Well done the City fans, spot on :bluebird:

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:24 pm

Out thought by Morrison, I’d give him a miss myself.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:40 pm

barriboy wrote:Out thought by Morrison, I’d give him a miss myself.

You mean Harris?

Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:29 pm

I think if we end up in the top 10 he'll get an extension, if not it'll be bye bye Bulut.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:32 pm

JB1 wrote:I think if we end up in the top 10 he'll get an extension, if not it'll be bye bye Bulut.

Why?

The club’s aim was to avoid relegation.

We’ll probably finish in the top half, nobody honestly believed we were good enough for that back in August.

Our fans need to accept this isn’t 2013 or 2018, we don’t have a top ten squad.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:34 pm

i sound like a broken record here, but hes turned us around from a team scrapping to stay up to a team that almost broke into play offs.

he didnt get proper backing for the names he wanted for whatever reasons, and still did good with what hes had

give him 2 transfer windows fully backed i really do think we would go up

Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:40 pm

Crap manager

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
JB1 wrote:I think if we end up in the top 10 he'll get an extension, if not it'll be bye bye Bulut.

Why?

We’ll probably finish in the top half, nobody honestly believed we were good enough for that back in August.

You think Tan's objective was avoiding relegation. Doubt it.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:01 pm

JB1 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Why?

You think Tan's objective was avoiding relegation. Doubt it.

Bulut said he was told the target was to avoid relegation.

Are you calling him a liar??

Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:42 pm

kyle08 wrote:i sound like a broken record here, but hes turned us around from a team scrapping to stay up to a team that almost broke into play offs.

he didnt get proper backing for the names he wanted for whatever reasons, and still did good with what hes had

give him 2 transfer windows fully backed i really do think we would go up

“Almost broke into the playoffs?” We are currently 12 points off and that will extend with 3 games still left to play. If anything we are punching well above our weight. We play this way next season and we will be in a relegation dog fight once again.

Honestly, mate, you really need to do your research on Bulut and what he has achieved in his managerial career to date.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:47 pm

Honestly mate if you think season ticket holders are looking forward to negative, passive , don’t lose - football - at home next season - you are delusional

Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:51 pm

Grandstand wrote:Honestly mate if you think season ticket holders are looking forward to negative, passive , don’t lose - football - at home next season - you are delusional

It just you’ll find the vast majority of season ticket holders are backing Bulut to stay.

People could have had attacking football this season, but we’d also be looking forward to League One football in a few months.

Fact is we have outperformed the expectations on us.

We can change the style with the right players, but we just don’t have the players to play an attacking style.

But I would say at least 70% of season ticket holders want him to stay.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:56 pm

Just got back and believe me there wasn't anybody singing that at the end of the game.

In fact a number of fans were quite vocal in their criticism of the performance of both the players and the manager.

Another miserable performance of sideways and backwards passing with no creativity from open play. A clear reluctance to allow the youngsters more than 20 minutes (and then only Ashford who he stuck on the wing) and no threat on the opposition goal.

Their keeper had ONE save to make in the whole of the second half when we were meant to be chasing the game.

Bulut's idea of how to get back into the game? Replace like for like as usual, stick to the same tactics that haven't worked all game and stand on the side looking clueless.

Watching City at the moment is hard work.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:57 pm

Ok, let’s see how many renew if Bulut is the manager next season.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:05 pm

davids wrote:Just got back and believe me there wasn't anybody singing that at the end of the game.

In fact a number of fans were quite vocal in their criticism of the performance of both the players and the manager.

Another miserable performance of sideways and backwards passing with no creativity from open play. A clear reluctance to allow the youngsters more than 20 minutes (and then only Ashford who he stuck on the wing) and no threat on the opposition goal.

Their keeper had ONE save to make in the whole of the second half when we were meant to be chasing the game.

Bulut's idea of how to get back into the game? Replace like for like as usual, stick to the same tactics that haven't worked all game and stand on the side looking clueless.

I do feel for you fans who travelled, that second half was a disgrace. Bulut himself has said that.

I don’t think it’s entirely his fault though.

As he said, they just didn’t put in the effort.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:12 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote:Just got back and believe me there wasn't anybody singing that at the end of the game.

I do feel for you fans who travelled, that second half was a disgrace. Bulut himself has said that.

If he can't motivate the players to put in the effort then maybe we need somebody who can?

Three was a point in the game today when City fans sang "Neil Harris - your football is shit!" as his relegation threatened team were playing far better than we were.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:16 pm

davids wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

If he can't motivate the players to put in the effort then maybe we need somebody who can?

Three was a point in the game today when City fans sang "Neil Harris - your football is shit!" as his relegation threatened team were playing far better than we were.

But it’s not just under Bulut that the players don’t put the effort in. It was same under Mick, Morison, Hudson, at times with Lamouchi. The same can be said in the latter days of Hudson being in charge.

It’s not the manager, it’s the club culture.

Millwall were bound to be more up for it than us, they had something to play for. It’s not good but it’s just a fact of human nature.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:13 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

But it’s not just under Bulut that the players don’t put the effort in. It was same under Mick, Morison, Hudson, at times with Lamouchi. The same can be said in the latter days of Hudson being in charge.

It’s not the manager, it’s the club culture.

Millwall were bound to be more up for it than us, they had something to play for. It’s not good but it’s just a fact of human nature.

It’s been a constant for a few seasons, but we cannot allow this man to take us into next season. This Turkish style of football will get us relegated. It doesn’t matter if he brings in his players or not, Goutas and Siopis are his players and both cannot get to grips with the league. We need a manager who can light a fire under these players. Only thing Bulut has going for him is his choice of jacket/coat. Other than that, he’s f*cking clueless. There’s a reason why one of the biggest teams in Turkey (Fenerbahce) didn’t want him.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:42 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Grandstand wrote:Honestly mate if you think season ticket holders are looking forward to negative, passive , don’t lose - football - at home next season - you are delusional

It just you’ll find the vast majority of season ticket holders are backing Bulut to stay.

People could have had attacking football this season, but we’d also be looking forward to League One football in a few months.

We can change the style with the right players, but we just don’t have the players to play an attacking style.

Absolute rubbish there's 8 of us sitting together think bulut is rubbish , 70% figure is plucked out of air

Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:12 pm

wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Absolute rubbish there's 8 of us sitting together think bulut is rubbish , 70% figure is plucked out of air

I was forgetting that eight people represented all season ticket holders.

Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:33 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

You mean Harris?

Just goes to show...! ;) :lol:

Me? I'd give Erol Bulut a new contract and see how much he's learned in his first Championship season...

As he said in his interview, we haven't arrived at this lofty of late position by accident. We have the basis of a good side and only the lack of a decent striker and some on-field naivety have stopped us having the points required to trouble the play-off places...

I feel sure we can all name specific games that we literally threw away through individual errors at both ends of the pitch...

A proper striker, attacking midfielder and a more robust squad in general should bridge the gap and I feel Erol Bulut would get the best out of them, if he stays... :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:40 am

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

You mean Harris?

Just goes to show...! ;) :lol:

Me? I'd give Erol Bulut a new contract and see how much he's learned in his first Championship season...

As he said in his interview, we haven't arrived at this lofty of late position by accident. We have the basis of a good side and only the lack of a decent striker and some on-field naivety have stopped us having the points required to trouble the play-off places...

I feel sure we can all name specific games that we literally threw away through individual errors at both ends of the pitch...

A proper striker, attacking midfielder and a more robust squad in general should bridge the gap and I feel Erol Bulut would get the best out of them, if he stays... :ayatollah:

Quite possibly but playing the style of football we have become accustomed to for too many years now. It’s just too boring and I yearn for the style of play seen under Dave Jones. There are a lot of teams out there with managers who play attractive football, why can’t we find one.

Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:01 am

According to Worcester Bulutt can't do anything wrong well just look at our home form absolutely appalling.

Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:52 am

There were 5 of us having a beer last nite after watching that dire display and all of us agreed he is a poor manager and we need better.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:30 pm

So do you think Tan, will bring in better than Bulut? If it’s bye bye Bulut

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:05 am

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:There were 5 of us having a beer last nite after watching that dire display and all of us agreed he is a poor manager and we need better.

Who did you 5 come up with a better replacement for the job ?? - Just interested with some names ...Fire Away ..........