Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Aaron Ramsey “

Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:19 am

“ Aaron Ramsey “

Given his injury record, many did not expect the Wales captain to play a part throughout the whole campaign, but the club and fans would have expected to get more than 7 starts and 6 subs games out of him from 50 League and Cup games.

Ramsey is the second highest paid player on approx £25,000 a week basic, plus big bonuses and a % on merchandise etc.

Callum Robinson being the highest on approx £35,000 a week.

Cardiff's season went off the rails during his five-month lay-off right in the middle of the campaign. His early-season class helped coax in an aesthetically-pleasing style of play, however his absence then preceded the style of football gradually declining.

That's not all down to his injury, of course, and it would be foolish to build a style of play around someone who is so unfortunate with his injuries, but Cardiff would have expected a greater return given the outlay. They will need more from him next year, no question.

Re: “ Aaron Ramsey “

Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:40 am

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:28 pm

Rambo and Robbo are robbing the club blind let's face it.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:55 pm

Caerdydd12 wrote:Rambo and Robbo are robbing the club blind let's face it.

Rambo robbing the club blind? Been drinking again have you?

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:03 pm

Not Ramseys fault for being injured. He could of gone anywhere for more money he wanted to play for cardiff.The club new of his injuries payed the money and excepted it .i feel for Ramsey no one more frustrated than him .when he has played in those early games he was immense for us .i honestly think if we had him play more games we would be in the playoff places .The other players increased there game with him on the field.
I wish him well and hope he is fit to go next season. Good luck Aaron mate

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:07 pm

brickyblue wrote:Not Ramseys fault for being injured. He could of gone anywhere for more money he wanted to play for cardiff.The club new of his injuries payed the money and excepted it .i feel for Ramsey no one more frustrated than him .when he has played in those early games he was immense for us .i honestly think if we had him play more games we would be in the playoff places .The other players increased there game with him on the field.
I wish him well and hope he is fit to go next season. Good luck Aaron mate

100 percent we would of been in play offs , or even 2nd , no doubt about it , when he was fit he was on a different level totally to everyone ,
I think his body has packed in , proper gutted for him and for the team