Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SHEFF UTD AGREE 2 POINT EFL PENALTY

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:58 pm

Premier League relegation favourites Sheffield United handed two-point deduction by EFL

Sheffield United have agreed a points deduction with the EFL

Blades' punishment will kick in next time they are relegated to the Championship

Chris Wilder's side currently sit bottom of the Premier League
By Tom Gott

Sheffield United have been handed a two-point deduction for financial breaches by the English Football League (EFL), with the punishment kicking in next time the Blades drop down from the Premier League.

"An Independent Disciplinary Commission (IDC) has determined that Sheffield United Football Club are to be deducted two points at the start of the next season the Club is in the EFL's jurisdiction, with a further two points suspended until the end of that same season," a statement read.

"The sanction relates to the 2022/23 season, when the Club defaulted on a number of payments to other Clubs. These defaults cumulatively were in excess of 550 days."

Re: SHEFF UTD AGREE 2 POINT EFL PENALTY

Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:12 pm

hmmm 2 points for defaulting to a few clubs! i cant help but feel if it was us we would be destroyed for it

Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:18 pm

kyle08 wrote:hmmm 2 points for defaulting to a few clubs! i cant help but feel if it was us we would be destroyed for it

Aye The Riddler would enjoy himself battering us.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:55 pm

JulesK wrote:
kyle08 wrote:hmmm 2 points for defaulting to a few clubs! i cant help but feel if it was us we would be destroyed for it

jules, its scary to think that he has so much power isnt it ?

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:10 pm

kyle08 wrote:
JulesK wrote:

And bitterness toowards the club that helped his rehabilitation...

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:24 pm

Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
JulesK wrote:

And bitterness toowards the club that helped his rehabilitation...

Normal sanctions are transfer embargo but got away with this because no point In embargo as the squad will be strong enough to withstand such a sanction... mind you two points is pointless aswell