Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ EROL BULUT: I HAVE A GREAT CONNECTION WITH THE FANS “

Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm

EROL BULUT:

"I said a long time ago, I am very happy in Cardiff. We made big progress since the start of the season until now. We have had bad games, no one is perfect and I can learn a lot of things. I like to work with these guys and I'd like to be in the plans.

"I have had [connections before with fans], but Cardiff fans are great. We are close. We have had many meetings with the supporters groups and I like them also. They support the team perfectly.

"I am focusing now on the last four games. This is a decision of the board. If they have a plan and I am included, I will, but if not then I have to accept it. This decision, fans, media and the owner, the board members, they have to decide."

Aaron Ramsey is set for a scan after his injury-hit season smashed another speed bump in Cardiff City's win over Birmingham City.

The Bluebirds playmaker was taken off at half-time after spending much of the first half limping. It was a disappointing sight for City fans, particularly given this was his first start since the South Wales derby win back in September.

And the latest injury setback at St Andrew's could spell the end of the Wales captain's season, however manager Erol Bulut said he will wait until the results of a scan before ruling him out entirely.

"He has a hamstring problem," Bulut said after the match. "I hope it's not something big. We will see after the scan, I hope for him it's not a big one.

"After the scan we can speak more, about what grade it is, but I hope it is a small one because he has had a hard season with injuries and I wish him all the best.

"He worked really hard to come back and we used him in games before, a few minutes, 15 or 20 minutes, to be not in danger. But today we spoke with the medical department about bringing him on from the start to play 60 minutes, but in the end it was a hamstring problem and I just hope it's nothing big.

"I hope still this season he can play the last one or two games."

While Ramsey's injury was undoubtedly a sour point, Josh Bowler's goal did earn Cardiff the three points against Birmingham in the Midlands.

It sees Cardiff maintain their position in 11th place and Bulut was pleased with Bowler, his assister Rubin Colwill and, importantly, the way the team conducted themselves from minute one.

"Rubin was injured in the last game with an ankle problem. He was good and he kept the ball well, from the right side he and Josh played really well. Good assist and good goal," he added. "That's why [Bowler] is here. To score goals and provide assists.

"I am very satisfied. We were fully concentrated and fully focussed on the game. It was not easy because Birmingham needed points and they were pushing a lot to score.

"Birmingham don't deserve to be in this position, they are a quality, good team, and they deserve better. Football is like that. But from our side, we played a really good game.

"We stayed well behind the ball. Had good movements and I am satisfied generally with the game."

Of course, the main talking point among supporters will be Bulut's contract situation. Cardiff fans were heard singing "Erol Bulut, we want you to stay" in the away end and that did not escape the manager's attention.

"I said a long time ago, I am very happy in Cardiff," he said when asked about the chant. "We made big progress since the start of the season until now. We have had bad games, no one is perfect and I can learn a lot of things. I like to work with these guys and I'd like to be in the plans.

"I have had [connections before with fans], but Cardiff fans are great. We are close. We have had many meetings with the supporters groups and I like them also. They support the team perfectly.

"I am focusing now on the last four games. This is a decision of the board. If they have a plan and I am included, I will, but if not then I have to accept it. This decision, fans, media and the owner, the board members, they have to decide."

Re: “ EROL BULUT: I HAVE A GREAT CONNECTION WITH THE FANS “

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:29 am

Not surprised.He came across as a genuine fella when I met him.