Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY DO IT AGAIN / WIN AWAY UNBELIEVABLE R

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:43 pm

MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY DO IT AGAIN / WIN AWAY UNBELIEVABLE REALLY AS WE KEEP WINNING AWAY & LOSING AT HOME?

TONIGHT CARDIFF PLAYED AWAY TO 2ND FROM BOTTOM BIRMINGHAM AND

Brum had only Won 1 game in last 9 and Cardiff had lost 3 of their last 4 games.

Cian Ashford came on tonight , great to see.

A solid over all away performance, Brum hardly stretched us.

12th min Brum hit the post.

32mins City had their first prope chance but we’ll saved.

34th min James for Brum had a great shot saved by City’s keeper.

Over all a very even half.

The 2nd half Started with Rubin replacing Ramsey who limped coffee.

By the 60th min neither team had created much in front of goal.

Out of the blue after fabs were being very critical of him, Bowler scores 0-1 Yes , great goal.

71st min Cian Ashford replaced Bowler.
Meite went off for Diedhiou .

79th min / 80th mins Ralls off Turnbull on.

BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 CARDIFF CITY 1
H-T 0-0
Crowd 20,894
Away Support 590 Cardiff Fans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY DO IT AGAIN / WIN AWAY UNBELIEVABL

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:45 pm

That was dire vs a dreadful side but we won somehow. Nothing more to say really :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:49 pm

Rubin changed the game, he was really enjoying himself out there to be fair

Other than that not alot to be cheerfull over, typical away performance 3 points as ever!

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:53 pm

Brum were absolute garbage, we were marginally better and in fairness never looked like conceding after we scored

Another decent 3 points without ever dominating

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:53 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:That was dire vs a dreadful side but we won somehow. Nothing more to say really :bluescarf:

Harsh. Decent football at times and a good winner. We are what we are, a mid table Championship team. Credit Bulut for again grinding out a result agsinst a team desperate at the bottom. Not easy as Leicester found out yesterday. Great to see Colwill get an assist and Ashford minutes. Give Bulut a contract now for God's sake.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:00 pm

I was calling for Bowler to be subbed five minutes before he scored but he does always seem to take his goalscoring chance when he has one.

Bulut got his tactics spot on tonight.

Defended well and looked dangerous going forward.

Colwill and Collins their best game for a while.

Grant, Horvath and Ng also very good.

Deserved win.

We can play well away but not in front of our own fans, been the same for years.

On to Millwall :bluebird:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:13 pm

Yes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:20 pm

Away from home less expectation.
Home team on the offensive more .
Seems to fit Erols wait and strike tactics .
They all seemed to be playing for the manager as well .

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:22 pm

Good win away from home, thought we'd slip up tonight coz Brum are desperate for points. Fair play though, our points tally surprisingly continues to tick over.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:32 pm

2 poor teams on the nite,we just shaded it

Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:50 pm

Aaron Ramsey is set for a scan after his injury-hit season smashed another speed bump in Cardiff City's win over Birmingham City.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:21 pm

Erol Bulut spoke to the press following our 1-0 away victory over Birmingham City.
The Bluebirds claimed all three points thanks to a second half strike from Josh Bowler.

“I’m really satisfied, not only because we won the game, but we were, from the first second to the last, fully focused,” Erol began. “It was not easy, because Birmingham needed points and they were pushing a lot to score.

“Normally, when you see Birmingham, they don’t deserve to be in this position. They are a good team, but in football, sometimes it is like that.

“From our side, we had good positioning without the ball, and when we had the ball we had good movement and could have scored one or two more. I’m generally satisfied with the team.”

Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:22 pm

Erol continued: “Rubin was injured, he had an ankle problem and couldn’t be with us in the last game and in the position of [Aaron] Ramsey, we brought him inside, it was good.

"He was keeping the ball well and from the right side, they played really well, Josh [Bowler] and Rubin. It was a good assist and a good goal."

“Before the game, I said to him that maybe he will come on for 15-20 minutes," Erol added. "I asked him how he was feeling, and he was ok.

“It’s different between U21 games and Championship games, so he has to learn many things, but it was a good start for him.

“He has had many good games for the U21s and the National Team. He has trained well with us. He will have a good moments again."

Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:50 pm

10/04/2024 19:45 Birmingham City 0 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 20,854 Away Support 590

13/04/2024 15:00 Millwall v Cardiff City

20/04/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Southampton
27/04/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Middlesbrough

04/05/2024 12:30 Rotherham United v Cardiff City

Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:27 am

It was the right tactic against a team lacking confidence.

Birmingham edged the first half but you could see their confidence dropped when they failed to score in that first half. The 2nd half I felt we won quite comfortable and overall deserved the win. Credit goes to Bulut for that win with his tactics being the right ones for such a game like this.

Now lets get some good performances at home to see the season out.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:04 am

30 points from home games this year.

29 points from away games.

Go figure.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:16 am

bluebird58 wrote:30 points from home games this year.

29 points from away games.

Go figure.

Consistent.