Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Those wanting Bulut to stay

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:03 pm

Bebbsyboy wrote:Now to the question to all that want Bulut out is.

Who do you want or think that would work under tan

Should he get sacked or walk then here is the manager i would like to be with city.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_So ... ll_manager)

He is on contract till June and he took over the team bottom of the league in November and in his 19 games in charge has won 11 of them.
playes 4.3.2.1.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:19 pm

rontom wrote:

Should he get sacked or walk then here is the manager i would like to be with city.

He is on contract till June and he took over the team bottom of the league in November and in his 19 games in charge has won 11 of them.
playes 4.3.2.1.

That's a good shout. His win percentage is 47.73% which is very good considering the two clubs he's managed.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:41 pm

Honestly I despair sometimes- here we are safe for weeks, mid table, probably staying around 12-14th at worst, with little money spent and a side that has only one genuine quick player (Grant), no centre forward worth talking about, a wide player on loan who touches his headband more than the ball (Bowler) and here we all are wanting a new manager. I agree - home form has been poor at times - other, less often times we earned the win v Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday- oh and our best creative player out most of the season.

One of my best pals is a Bluenose - those idiots have ruined their club who may get relegated. Think on that

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:45 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:Honestly I despair sometimes- here we are safe for weeks, mid table, probably staying around 12-14th at worst, with little money spent and a side that has only one genuine quick player (Grant), no centre forward worth talking about, a wide player on loan who touches his headband more than the ball (Bowler) and here we all are wanting a new manager. I agree - home form has been poor at times - other, less often times we earned the win v Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday- oh and our best creative player out most of the season.

One of my best pals is a Bluenose - those idiots have ruined their club who may get relegated. Think on that

top post

Bulut has done wonders for us this season :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:47 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:Honestly I despair sometimes- here we are safe for weeks, mid table, probably staying around 12-14th at worst, with little money spent and a side that has only one genuine quick player (Grant), no centre forward worth talking about, a wide player on loan who touches his headband more than the ball (Bowler) and here we all are wanting a new manager. I agree - home form has been poor at times - other, less often times we earned the win v Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday- oh and our best creative player out most of the season.

top post

Agree with you both.

The bookies had us to finish 18th, so we’ve done better than expected.

Never even been in the relegation battle which is a huge difference to last season and the season before.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:58 pm

Tonight was bulut taking the handbrake off in a meaningless match, this was as attacking as he's going to get. I'm not a fan of his anyway and think he should be let go, surely we can do better

Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:00 pm

rontom wrote:

playes 4.3.2.1.

Good shout, also Rubin is better suited to a 4321, in fact I would love to see our current squad in this formation at home.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
MOZZER1 wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:Honestly I despair sometimes- here we are safe for weeks, mid table, probably staying around 12-14th at worst, with little money spent and a side that has only one genuine quick player (Grant), no centre forward worth by talking about, a wide player on loan who touches his headband more than the ball (Bowler) and here we all are wanting a new manager. I agree - home form has been poor at times - other, less often times we earned the win v Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday- oh and our best creative player out most of the season.

top post

Agree with you both.

Never even been in the relegation battle which is a huge difference to last season and the season before.

Again comparing this season with better players to last seasons car crash of 3 managers and inferior players. I believe many managers would have us higher than Bulut. And would not be alienating the fans with the football on show particularly at home. I’m buzzing for the win tonight, it was better but still not great, Colwill comes on and the vibe changed yet again, then we looked good. But it’s an end of season game, I still want EB gone, and that’s based on the whole season not tonight.We can do better, we certainly deserve better with our home games, where the entertainment value has been poor. I believe there are better managers out there that will improve us and offer better football who would work under our dictator, as long as they don’t deploy similar tactics to Bulut.whom not for the first time away from home, got it right tonight. It’s the only tactic he uses, and that’s why the home form is so bad, it’s better suited away from home.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:20 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
MOZZER1 wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:Honestly I despair sometimes- here we are safe for weeks, mid table, probably staying around 12-14th at worst, with little money spent and a side that has only one genuine quick player (Grant), no centre forward worth by talking about, a wide player on loan who touches his headband more than the ball (Bowler) and here we all are wanting a new manager. I agree - home form has been poor at times - other, less often times we earned the win v Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday- oh and our best creative player out most of the season.

top post

Agree with you both.

Again comparing this season with better players to last seasons car crash of 3 managers and inferior players. I believe many managers would have us higher than Bulut. And would not be alienating the fans with the football on show particularly at home. I’m buzzing for the win tonight, it was better but still not great, Colwill comes on and the vibe changed yet again, then we looked good. But it’s an end of season game, I still want EB gone, and that’s based on the whole season not tonight.We can do better, we certainly deserve better with our home games, where the entertainment value has been poor. I believe there are better managers out there that will improve us and offer better football who would work under our dictator, as long as they don’t deploy similar tactics to Bulut.whom not for the first time away from home, got it right tonight. It’s the only tactic he uses, and that’s why the home form is so bad, it’s better suited away from home.

I’m not just comparing it to last season though, but also to the season before and what was expected of us by neutrals this season.

Bottom line is we have exceeded those expectations.

Birmingham play an open game and look where they are. They got in a good place in the league and then sacked the manager.

Be careful what you wish for.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:04 pm

From tonight's match - After match press conference ....

Of course, the main talking point among supporters will be Bulut's contract situation. Cardiff fans were heard singing "Erol Bulut, we want you to stay" in the away end and that did not escape the manager's attention.

"I said a long time ago, I am very happy in Cardiff," he said when asked about the chant. "We made big progress since the start of the season until now. We have had bad games, no one is perfect and I can learn a lot of things. I like to work with these guys and I'd like to be in the plans.

"I have had [connections before with fans], but Cardiff fans are great. We are close. We have had many meetings with the supporters groups and I like them also. They support the team perfectly.

"I am focusing now on the last four games. This is a decision of the board. If they have a plan and I am included, I will, but if not then I have to accept it. This decision, fans, media and the owner, the board members, they have to decide."

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:08 am

Give him the players he needs then judge him.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:19 am

tangledupinblue wrote:No City fan for or against EB is a 'fan' of his 'football', surely?

Those for EB
The main point raised on here is that EB, with one out of two windows limited to frees and loans, has gotten us much higher than the perilous league position of last season. There doesn't seem to be any other counter arguments raised in his defence other than we are all united in wanting the managerial revolving door to stop. Fair enough. I read many pro EB supporters do acknowledge that his football isnt to their liking though. interesting.

Those not for EB
I have always been in this camp, even before Christmas when I saw baffling and worrying signs which have now become EB trademarks. I like him as a bloke, not as a manager. Fact is last season we had 3 managers, even bigger financial uncertainties and legal concerns, a weaker squad, with players like Watters, Wickham, Whyte, Ojo, Simpson, Sawyers, Rhino, Harris, Bagan etc. All not up to the standard of the squad of this season, it is significantly better right now, let alone not having the leadership inconsistency of 3 different bosses. So its not that a massive achievement like some make out to get us up the table. The fact is, a better (yet not any more expensive) manager would have us closer to the play offs FACT. I could have got this team higher! :D EB fans are comparing this season to a car crash season last year. And even they question his tactics, substitutions and predictability, surely this means ALL City supporters are as united in disliking the boring football as we are in wanting the revolving door to stop. Surely this means in the best interests of the club and us supporters, (many of us unsure of renewing) that this is the wrong management team in place. He has had infinite opportunities to change things all season, even when the crowd is begging him to, he doesn't, because it is to systematic and rigid. It works in Turkey etc. Not here. It brings back the age-old question of European leagues make average players look world class until they come over here. We have More points on the table yes, yet this significantly better squad isn't being allowed to play football. Another thread has a new visitor to the stadium on Saturday who said we only have one 'player' in the system which happened to be Turnbull, then replaced by Rambo rather than have the two together. This is correct, and tactically wrong. EB is wrong for our club. particularly if your like me and want to be entertained like a Dave Jones side over a results based rigidness like Neil Warnock. We deserve better.

If he signs the contract if offered, have you seen anything from EB this season, that encourages you, that we wont be served the mind numbing predictable, side to side, slow build, back to the keeper, with predictable inverted wingers and no penetrative runners 'style' of 'football' again next season????????? It certainly appears he does not know any other way.

All managers before him in my 4 decades of watching the City at least tried to change things, if anything to save their jobs!!!!

One thing always for sure , since the rebrand. I want Tan and Dalman out of our club more than EB!

Not a rant, or a criticism of EB supporters

:ayatollah:

We need to remember where Dalman and Tan Manager appointments got us to at the end of last season, saved on the last few weeks of the season due to two or three teams being docked points.

Then the three best players leave and we are faced with a transfer Embargo and a new Manager from another Country to try and complete a rebuild where he can't sign a player. Thankfully this was the best appointment they've made in years, since Warnock.

He successfully did the rebuild and brought in some good players, got them organised, and turned the tide instead of heading down and out to League 2, he's taken us closer to the Premier League, whilst losing two of our best attacking players for virtually all the season and without a Striker. It's not been pretty, but it's been effective and with a Striker and some extra attacking players and an improving Colwill could be very good next season.

If we do let him go we need to be thinking more Darren Purse or Chris Gunter, they appoint random ex players that haven't got a clue and almost take us down, I'd much rather stick with a good Manager who knows what he's doing.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:25 am

JulesK wrote:Give him the players he needs then judge him.

That leads to the million dollar question.....if Bulut stays, will he get the funds he needs to get the players he wants???

If not, would you want him to stay?

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:28 am

MikeO76 wrote:

That leads to the million dollar question.....if Bulut stays, will he get the funds he needs to get the players he wants???

I would he had none last year and a limited choice of players due to the embargo and moved us from 21st to 11th, that's good going and way above everyone's expectation at the start of the season.

Fans have gone from I hope we can stay up to, we should be in the playoffs due to the squad rebuild he did on a comparative shoestring without a Striker.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:32 am

That's what should happen. Some on here sbould be carefull in what they wish for, if he goes then we could down the Cooper road (for example) or another morisson etc.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:07 am

Bluebina wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

I would he had none last year and a limited choice of players due to the embargo and moved us from 21st to 11th, that's good going and way above everyone's expectation at the start of the season.

Fans have gone from I hope we can stay up to, we should be in the playoffs due to the squad rebuild he did on a comparative shoestring without a Striker.

He did very well in the transfer market last January considering the small amount of money that was available. Turnbull and Horvath were great signings, and Phillips is a great player.

Not going with the "without a striker" bit though. Meite scored 42 goals in 156 appearances in a struggling Reading team and Diedhiou scored 51 in 169 apps for Bristol City so both experienced championship players. It's the style of football we play that makes them look bad.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:12 am

Will he get those players?

Going on what he was looking out for this season he got none of them as they were out of our price range. Will he be given the budget next season?

Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:18 am

MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

He did very well in the transfer market last January considering the small amount of money that was available. Turnbull and Horvath were great signings, and Phillips is a great player.

Not going with the "without a striker" bit though. Meite scored 42 goals in 156 appearances in a struggling Reading team and Diedhiou scored 51 in 169 apps for Bristol City so both experienced championship players. It's the style of football we play that makes them look bad.

Yes when they were younger and at their best, we had a limited budget and got them in decline, we need to find the next Hieder Helguson for next season :thumbup:

Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:23 am

tangledupinblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
MOZZER1 wrote:

top post

Agree with you both.

Would we have had better players if it wasn't for Bulut, one of his strengths seems to be his signings and he knows the Turkish, Greek, and German Leagues and players well, which will give us a big financial advantage in the next transfer window.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:33 am

Something I haven't seen mentioned much is the players Bulut brought in and would they stay if he goes?

Goutas and Siopis - Lets be honest, they came here because of Bulut, we wouldnt have got them other wise and they have been two of our best players, would they follow if Bulut goes?

Grant - Obviously on loan but i think our best chance of keeping him is keeping Bulut, he clearly likes playing for him and Bulut trusts him

Phillips - long shot that we could keep him anyway, but doubtful he'd be interested if we changed manager

Bowler - Jury is out on whether id try and make him permanent, but the same reasons as Phillips

Thats five first team players we could lose, plus Diedhou who is on loan, if we lose Goutas and Phillips, that just leaves us with McGuiness as the only CB, we still need a LB, if Sio goes do we get a better or even same level DM? We could be in for yet another rebuild of the squad, just when defensively we are making progress

Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:40 am

To all those fans who want Bulut to stay - don’t moan next season when Cardiff play boring, defensive , passive play at home.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:07 am

Cardiff_CPT wrote:Tonight was bulut taking the handbrake off in a meaningless match, this was as attacking as he's going to get. I'm not a fan of his anyway and think he should be let go, surely we can do better

Ok. Who?

Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:16 am

Of the 18 teams who were in the championship last season and are in it this season Cardiff so far increase their points from last season to this season by just over 20% This is the best increase of any team that is still in the division from last season.

Just pointing out that it is a big achievement where we were at beginning of season with a transfer embargo

Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:21 am

MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

And ultimately thats IT! Nailed on. Its the style of football and the one stubborn tactic that a top proven striker would complain about in our team. Because he will have Bulut calling him out about his defensive work! The Bulut fans are looking at comparisons, tables and points. Im looking at whats served to me on the pitch for the full season, its dire. predictable, and at times baffling! The substitutions have been very strange and very concerning, we had 3 strikers in one game! And as another poster said, if we lose 4-3 im clapping the players off the pitch for having a good go, or drawing 3-3 rather than winning boring matches 1-0 and becoming a yo-yo team. A Bulut team is the latter.

I like him, I am happy with our league standing, I desperately wanted him to make me eat humble pie. He hasnt,he baffles me. Has there ever been a more divisive manager! The two camps are Bulut in - Points rather than goals and style of play. Bulut out - Entertainment and goals over points. All clubs have this, its football!! :ayatollah:

Still the bigger problem is at the helm. This morning Ive woke up and decided to shut up about Bulut in or out! Good valid points by both camps.

Its Vincent Tan that is, has and will continue to be the biggest problem of all for our Football Club. We are unloved, no communication and we have no idea what our philosophy, plans or ambitions are. And have not for many years, because he is even more stubborn than Buluts tactic! On the rare times that he speaks to us he still mentions Cornelius and Murphy being wastes of His money. If Bulut stays or goes, I will support the manager during game time. Tan on the other hand .... please just drop your price and sell, cut your losses that you are responsible for and go, your not getting any younger.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:22 am

Grandstand wrote:To all those fans who want Bulut to stay - don’t moan next season when Cardiff play boring, defensive , passive play at home.

THIS! :clap:

Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:29 am

I will say whether Bulut in or out. He is being treated appallingly with the deafening radio silence from Tan. Our dictator is an absolute liability. Gross mismanagement on repeat.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:34 am

tangledupinblue wrote:
Grandstand wrote:To all those fans who want Bulut to stay - don’t moan next season when Cardiff play boring, defensive , passive play at home.

THIS! :clap:

How do you know next season when he hasn't got two hands tied behind his back due to an embargo and wont have to fire-fight us out of a relegation battle?

He might start and continue like the start of this season and we may be much more attacking when he can build on the good work he has already done. Football is always a three stage plan that needs time, stop the rot, turn the tide, and then improve, he's only had a season and inherited a relegation fodder squad, let's give him time and see what he can do!

Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:39 am

tangledupinblue,the answer my friend is blowin in the wind.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:40 am

Bluebina wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Yes when they were younger and at their best, we had a limited budget and got them in decline, we need to find the next Hieder Helguson for next season :thumbup:

Meite is 28, an age that is considered to be in their prime. Diedhiou is 31. Neither are past it by a long way. You may want to consider that fact that they were at their best at Reading and Bristol City because the style of football suited a sticker, whereas ours doesn't.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:53 am

tangledupinblue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

And ultimately thats IT! Nailed on. Its the style of football and the one stubborn tactic that a top proven striker would complain about in our team. Because he will have Bulut calling him out about his defensive work! The Bulut fans are looking at comparisons, tables and points. Im looking at whats served to me on the pitch for the full season, its dire. predictable, and at times baffling! The substitutions have been very strange and very concerning, we had 3 strikers in one game! And as another poster said, if we lose 4-3 im clapping the players off the pitch for having a good go, or drawing 3-3 rather than winning boring matches 1-0 and becoming a yo-yo team. A Bulut team is the latter.

I like him, I am happy with our league standing, I desperately wanted him to make me eat humble pie. He hasnt,he baffles me. Has there ever been a more divisive manager! The two camps are Bulut in - Points rather than goals and style of play. Bulut out - Entertainment and goals over points. All clubs have this, its football!! :ayatollah:

Still the bigger problem is at the helm. This morning Ive woke up and decided to shut up about Bulut in or out! Good valid points by both camps.

Its Vincent Tan that is, has and will continue to be the biggest problem of all for our Football Club. We are unloved, no communication and we have no idea what our philosophy, plans or ambitions are. And have not for many years, because he is even more stubborn than Buluts tactic! On the rare times that he speaks to us he still mentions Cornelius and Murphy being wastes of His money. If Bulut stays or goes, I will support the manager during game time. Tan on the other hand .... please just drop your price and sell, cut your losses that you are responsible for and go, your not getting any younger.

TOP POST :thumbup:

There were many occasions in our game against Hull where Meite (sticker) was 20 to 30 yards inside our half with Hull still passing the ball between their defenders in front of him. Our attacking players are too concerned with defending rather than doing what comes natural to them so it effects their overall performance.

You are 100% correct regards Tan. The Bulut in or out debate will continue until he's either gone or changes his style of play but I think we are all in agreement that Tan is the main problem and we should be putting the pressure on him, MD and Choo as one, Cardiff fans. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: