Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Those wanting Bulut to stay

Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:10 pm

No City fan for or against EB is a 'fan' of his 'football', surely?

Those for EB
The main point raised on here is that EB, with one out of two windows limited to frees and loans, has gotten us much higher than the perilous league position of last season. There doesn't seem to be any other counter arguments raised in his defence other than we are all united in wanting the managerial revolving door to stop. Fair enough. I read many pro EB supporters do acknowledge that his football isnt to their liking though. interesting.

Those not for EB
I have always been in this camp, even before Christmas when I saw baffling and worrying signs which have now become EB trademarks. I like him as a bloke, not as a manager. Fact is last season we had 3 managers, even bigger financial uncertainties and legal concerns, a weaker squad, with players like Watters, Wickham, Whyte, Ojo, Simpson, Sawyers, Rhino, Harris, Bagan etc. All not up to the standard of the squad of this season, it is significantly better right now, let alone not having the leadership inconsistency of 3 different bosses. So its not that a massive achievement like some make out to get us up the table. The fact is, a better (yet not any more expensive) manager would have us closer to the play offs FACT. I could have got this team higher! :D EB fans are comparing this season to a car crash season last year. And even they question his tactics, substitutions and predictability, surely this means ALL City supporters are as united in disliking the boring football as we are in wanting the revolving door to stop. Surely this means in the best interests of the club and us supporters, (many of us unsure of renewing) that this is the wrong management team in place. He has had infinite opportunities to change things all season, even when the crowd is begging him to, he doesn't, because it is to systematic and rigid. It works in Turkey etc. Not here. It brings back the age-old question of European leagues make average players look world class until they come over here. We have More points on the table yes, yet this significantly better squad isn't being allowed to play football. Another thread has a new visitor to the stadium on Saturday who said we only have one 'player' in the system which happened to be Turnbull, then replaced by Rambo rather than have the two together. This is correct, and tactically wrong. EB is wrong for our club. particularly if your like me and want to be entertained like a Dave Jones side over a results based rigidness like Neil Warnock. We deserve better.

If he signs the contract if offered, have you seen anything from EB this season, that encourages you, that we wont be served the mind numbing predictable, side to side, slow build, back to the keeper, with predictable inverted wingers and no penetrative runners 'style' of 'football' again next season????????? It certainly appears he does not know any other way.

All managers before him in my 4 decades of watching the City at least tried to change things, if anything to save their jobs!!!!

One thing always for sure , since the rebrand. I want Tan and Dalman out of our club more than EB!

Not a rant, or a criticism of EB supporters

:ayatollah:

Re: Those wanting Bulut to stay

Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:28 pm

Now to the question to all that want Bulut out is.

Who do you want or think that would work under tan

Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:40 pm

Bebbsyboy wrote:Now to the question to all that want Bulut out is.

If they are available and not wanting premier league job anyone unemployed will take job despite tan! Far worse owners than him haven't put people off

Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:02 pm

I and a number of others have asked this question a dozen times, and no one has come up with a realistic answer.

Because there isn't one.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:27 pm

Excellent OP Tangledupinblue, I feel exactly the same and like you have done since before Xmas. It was Norwich at home that made me realise Bulut's style of play doesn't work in this league.

If you look at the games we lost that we should have won, Brum, QPR, Preston and Sunderland all at home, put that Norwich game in there too cos they were 18th in the league at the time and on a terrible run of form. Also games against Leicester and Leeds at home and Norwich and Southampton away where we looked like we threw the towel in before we kicked the ball. All down to Bulut's tactics.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

If they are available and not wanting premier league job anyone unemployed will take job despite tan! Far worse owners than him haven't put people off

Exactly :thumbup:

It annoys me when I see posts saying "name a manager that would work under Tan"

Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:31 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:

I and a number of others have asked this question a dozen times, and no one has come up with a realistic answer.

Because there isn't one.

Who people want depends whos available at time and who doesn't want a premier league club." Eg Cooper " as I've said not sure anyone out of work would turn city down despite tan! And Why do some people have the mentality that city is not worthy of a decent manager ? Far worse owners manage to employ decent ones.... more likely tan won't approach them as he won't have control of them as he wants.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:33 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:

Because there isn't one.

So another reason why EB supporters want him to stay , whilst admitting they dont like his football, is that they dont think anyone is realistically available or better to take the job? Sorry that is not a valid reason. Thats like looking at your girlfriend and saying I am not really that happy with you, but you will do! I'll be worried nobody else will want me! :shock:

We all want the revolving door to stop, but that is not a reason to keep a man in his job. Really, EB would walk anyway if he knew that what dwindling support he has from the stands feel this way anyway! Thus said, I will behind him and the boys at Brum.

But the old chestnut remains, as Blakey rightly called it at the weekend. With Tan at the helm running this club in amateur fashion, very little is likely to change. His ownership is the root cause.

To answer the question

Suggestions of managers that I know

Unrealistic
Steve Cooper. Jessie Marsch. Scott Parker

Poss. Realistic
Osian Roberts. Gary Rowett. Michael Beale. Nathan Jones. Michael Skubala. Gary Caldwell. John Mousinho. Steve Naismith

Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:40 pm

MikeO76 wrote:Excellent OP Tangledupinblue, I feel exactly the same and like you have done since before Xmas. It was Norwich at home that made me realise Bulut's style of play doesn't work in this league.

If you look at the games we lost that we should have won, Brum, QPR, Preston and Sunderland all at home, put that Norwich game in there too cos they were 18th in the league at the time and on a terrible run of form. Also games against Leicester and Leeds at home and Norwich and Southampton away where we looked like we threw the towel in before we kicked the ball. All down to Bulut's tactics.

Add to that so many more! Including on more than one occasion, we take a short corner, 10 seconds later its in the back of our net. Leeds home for example. And Rubin comes in for criticism because he struggles to adapt his natural game to EBs rigidity, hence EBs criticism which should have stayed in the dressing room. How many times has RC moved forward with the ball looking up, and there are no runners! No imagination, no flair. Please not another season, if I saw glimpses of a plan B, C or D it would be something! Its stubborn.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:38 pm

Yeh good write up , I feel your pain , it’s so frustrating watching this football ,
I was all for bulut at the start , but the last 4 months I’ve changed my mind on him , hate this boring football and weird decisions / subs
But until tan goes then it’s more of the same shit I think

Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:39 pm

If Bulut goes or is sacked I'd like to see Alex Neil get the Job. He wouldn't be too expensive, he's got a promotion under his belt, turned weak teams into ones that held their own (Preston & Sunderland), can work to a tight budget, knows the championship inside out and is the opposite to what I'd call a dinosaur manager.

I've been a fan of his ever since our promotion winning season coz Warnocks team put most other teams to the sword during that campaign...all apart from an Alex Neil led Preston you ripped us a new one (both tactically and physically). He earned my respect during that game and I can remember thinking when Warnock steps aside, I'd like him to take us forward.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:40 pm

Erol bullutt as certainly made me lose interest in the city.. damaged my knee Christmas time which stopped me going down till mid February but still haven't gone back..can't get motivated watching that garbage any more..there's no atmosphere at all these days..which is no surprise when you got a team with no ambition of trying to win from the off..the best we can hope for is the opposition to score a couple early which reluctantly forces bullutt to attack..one of the worst managers I've seen at the city and there's been a few

Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:51 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with the opening post.

I'll renew again because that's what we do, but the turgid football on display is not instilling me with any confidence for the future if he's given a new contract.

:bluescarf:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:57 pm

He's not only sucked the life out of the team he's sucked the life out of the crowd , it's been like a library for months
There's just no spark in the club
Hull fans were singing is this a library after 5 minutes , think between both team and crowd they've lost confidence in where the clubs going .
We know it's a points business , we d give anything to put that shirt on , show some passion all we want is 11 players to fight for there shirt

Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:14 pm

I see a lot said of Buluts tactics on here, but the two creative players we have in midfield have been out for most of the season.
That's 20% of the team, but 90% of the creativity.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:36 pm

rumpo kid wrote:I see a lot said of Buluts tactics on here, but the two creative players we have in midfield have been out for most of the season.
That's 20% of the team, but 90% of the creativity.

They are a massive loss you only got to see how we try getting forward with Rambo on the ball to see the difference .... also If he was able to sign the 3 players he wanted that would have altered his thinking ...

Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:57 pm

scott parker unrealistic :D

no thanks

Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:04 pm

Tactics annoy me at home, we got all these wingers, a couple of big men that can play upfront yet we never pass the ball into space for the wingers to run on to. Its all so slow, 85% of the time our wingers get the ball in our own half.

Every home game the opposition got players up and wide waiting for a through ball

I dont mind the results but its how we lose and draw. Most the time im wonder how are we going to score? If we lost to Hull 3-1 but made chances and played a bit of football i can take that. But when its 70 mins of boring shit its making question do i renew my ticket.

Hes played 2 formations all season, with 1 being played 99%. How come we never go 442 when we are down a goal? I lost to see Dh/Meit + Ashford/Grant

Striker come to Cardiff to die, you play with your back to goal and the ball booted up to you, if your lucky to get the ball as there will be 2 or 3 players on you, you got f**k all help from the team as there all in their own half

We need to take a gambol on a younger manager, a number 2 who wants to go it alone. Carrick etc Look what Ispwich did, took a gambol and most likely 2 promotions

Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:17 pm

I am not a fan of his football. I would rather us win games 3-1 or lose them 4-3 rather than the defensive approach.

That said he has to play defensive because we dont have any decent strikers.

That is why I remain of the view give him 12 months and give him the opportunity of putting together a promotion winning side who can concentrate on attacking football.

His hands have been tied this year.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:37 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:If Bulut goes or is sacked I'd like to see Alex Neil get the Job. He wouldn't be too expensive, he's got a promotion under his belt, turned weak teams into ones that held their own (Preston & Sunderland), can work to a tight budget, knows the championship inside out and is the opposite to what I'd call a dinosaur manager.

I've been a fan of his ever since our promotion winning season coz Warnocks team put most other teams to the sword during that campaign...all apart from an Alex Neil led Preston you ripped us a new one (both tactically and physically). He earned my respect during that game and I can remember thinking when Warnock steps aside, I'd like him to take us forward.

Yes! Alex Neill, great shout

Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:39 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:If Bulut goes or is sacked I'd like to see Alex Neil get the Job. He wouldn't be too expensive, he's got a promotion under his belt, turned weak teams into ones that held their own (Preston & Sunderland), can work to a tight budget, knows the championship inside out and is the opposite to what I'd call a dinosaur manager.

Yes! Alex Neill, great shout

Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:45 pm

Personally I’d give him another season. Yes the football’s not great. He had no money in the summer and in January he’s made it pretty clear he wasn’t backed by the board for his 1st choice targets yet he’s got us finishing mid table when most people including me had us fighting relegation this season and we’ve not been in danger at all this season. I think he’s given a chance to build a squad I think we’d be pushing for playoffs next season but he needs backing. If he does get the boot, is going to be another rebuild again and I wouldn’t expect us to be any higher than we currently are now.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:52 pm

darran1927 wrote:Personally I’d give him another season. Yes the football’s not great. He had no money in the summer and in January he’s made it pretty clear he wasn’t backed by the board for his 1st choice targets yet he’s got us finishing mid table when most people including me had us fighting relegation this season and we’ve not been in danger at all this season. I think he’s given a chance to build a squad I think we’d be pushing for playoffs next season but he needs backing. If he does get the boot, is going to be another rebuild again and I wouldn’t expect us to be any higher than we currently are now.

Its going to be Rebuild whoever is manager!? 5 loans several out contract and couple more mor wanted so at least 10 players ! But nearly all other teams in efl will have to do same rebuild.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:06 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

what should be said is what good manager would want to work under tan

Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:12 pm

kyle08 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

This.

Just because they aren't in a job doesn't mean they will be happy to work for an imbecile who controls all decisions, doesn't provide the updates needed (Bulut and his players have all said it) - provide no money to buy players and generally gives 0 fecks about the club.

Yeah seems like a situation I'm sure that 100 of the world's best managers will be lining up for.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:35 pm

At home you need to start off wanting to pressure and win , but Bulut style of let’s not lose is dreadful. At home where the season ticket fans are you need to start off wanting to win . Away yes not losing is fine but not at home. Too many teams have come to Cardiff with dreadful away form and we straight away give the incentive for them to get a result . Thank him but don’t renew .

Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:06 pm

kyle08 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

There will be plenty of good managers who are out of work that would work under Tan. Many listed in a post above.

How many Cardiff fans had heard of Erol Bulut this time last year!

Think about it sensibly. If you are an out of work professionally football manager and a vacancy comes up in a fairly big championship club offering about £600k a year on a 12 month contract, why wouldn't you apply for it.......Tan or no Tan.

I'm pretty sure there are worse owners out there in all 4 divisions.

I personally don't think Copper would come here but many are posting he definitely wouldn't. Has he come out and said he wouldn't, do any of these posters know him personally and have asked the question!

Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:14 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

This.

Just because they aren't in a job doesn't mean they will be happy to work for an imbecile who controls all decisions, doesn't provide the updates needed (Bulut and his players have all said it) - provide no money to buy players and generally gives 0 fecks about the club.

Yeah seems like a situation I'm sure that 100 of the world's best managers will be lining up for.

Worlds top 100 managers :laughing6: that's a bit far fetched isn't it!

There will be plenty who'd want to manage Cardiff.........Erol Bulut said yes last summer and still wants to stay after working under Tan for the past 9 months.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:22 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

This.

There will be plenty who'd want to manage Cardiff.........Erol Bulut said yes last summer and still wants to stay after working under Tan for the past 9 months.

Yep, and the majority of you on here want him gone. For another person thay you'll all find not good enough

Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

This.

Yep, and the majority of you on here want him gone. For another person thay you'll all find not good enough

You're missing my point mate. The appointment of Bulut last season proves there are managers out there who would work under Tan. AND Bulut wants to stay!