Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Visitor Report

Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:14 pm

Hi, further to my previous posts, we managed to attend the match on Saturday. We had a travel fiasco on the day, with the train not running, then the bus being so late we had to go and take the car at the last minute. This meant everything was more rushed than I would have liked. Huge thanks to @biglad6 who told us to park on Wellington Street. That was a great help. I thought the ground looked pretty much like most modern stadiums, as we approached, but was very impressed when we got inside. Good atmosphere among the friendly faces having a pre match pint and a nice colourful bowl inside. Enjoyed the pre match songs. Do you count season ticket holders whether they attend or not? No way I would have said there was over 20k in the ground. I’m not a tactical expert, but I couldn’t see much of a plan, especially in the first half. Lots of passing around with very little end result. A lack of any real dynamism. Maybe it was because I was watching him in particular, but I thought Turnbull was on of the few trying to create something. Shame that a poor goal was given away straight after you scored and any momentum was lost. I thought the crowd stayed pretty well with the team, but I also felt there was a sense of despondency around us, as if the fans had been worn down a bit. Anyway, everyone was very friendly and I will be following your progress and wish you well for the future. I have no doubt that Cardiff City should be a vibrant club representing Wales in the top league.

Re: Visitor Report

Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:48 pm

Ian1869 wrote:Hi, further to my previous posts, we managed to attend the match on Saturday. We had a travel fiasco on the day, with the train not running, then the bus being so late we had to go and take the car at the last minute. This meant everything was more rushed than I would have liked. Huge thanks to @biglad6 who told us to park on Wellington Street. That was a great help. I thought the ground looked pretty much like most modern stadiums, as we approached, but was very impressed when we got inside. Good atmosphere among the friendly faces having a pre match pint and a nice colourful bowl inside. Enjoyed the pre match songs. Do you count season ticket holders whether they attend or not? No way I would have said there was over 20k in the ground. I’m not a tactical expert, but I couldn’t see much of a plan, especially in the first half. Lots of passing around with very little end result. A lack of any real dynamism. Maybe it was because I was watching him in particular, but I thought Turnbull was on of the few trying to create something. Shame that a poor goal was given away straight after you scored and any momentum was lost. I thought the crowd stayed pretty well with the team, but I also felt there was a sense of despondency around us, as if the fans had been worn down a bit. Anyway, everyone was very friendly and I will be following your progress and wish you well for the future. I have no doubt that Cardiff City should be a vibrant club representing Wales in the top league.

After reading this I’d have thought you’d been to all our matches this season mate. :lol:
I’m glad you enjoyed it anyway. Best of luck in supporting your team too.
Ps. I agree that Turnbull was by far the most creative player in our team but unfortunately with the current manager there’s only room for one of those so when Ramsey came on, he was the one to make way, even though we were chasing the game :roll:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:45 am

Being worn down a bit used to make us stronger.. think the despondency goes a little more than football now.. 25 years of an inept Labour Govt has offered incompetence only.
Clown Gething offers nothing apart from the usual tactic of blaming England for everything.
Bunch of Merchants..

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:00 am

A lack of dynamism in the team tactics and sense of despondency among the fans attending the match.

Sadly, that's an accurate assessment. The manager has had all season to make us look a bit more threatening as a side with an obvious plan but I think he's failed a bit here.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:52 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Being worn down a bit used to make us stronger.. think the despondency goes a little more than football now.. 25 years of an inept Labour Govt has offered incompetence only.
Clown Gething offers nothing apart from the usual tactic of blaming England for everything.
Bunch of Merchants..

Unusual reply :)

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:53 pm

Ian1869

That might well have been the response of a broken man - broken in several places due to: turgid, boring football for 3 consecutive seasons, 25 years of a Welsh Labour dictatorship, expensive beer, alot of rain.