Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Relegation Threatened Birmingham set to be without trio We

Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:14 pm

Birmingham set to be without trio

Wednesday night's opponents Birmingham City are set to be without Marc Roberts, Oliver Burke and Lukas Jutkiewicz for their clash against Cardiff.

Stand-in boss Gary Rowett has been without the trio since he came back to the club and there are doubts over whether they'll play again this season.

"At the moment, the likes of Marc Roberts, Burkey, Jukey - they just have that real physicality that gives you something different in games - I think we probably miss them a little bit but it is what it is," he said after defeat to Leicester City at the weekend.

"We’re without that sort of player for maybe a few more games."

Rowett added: “Burkey is out injured at the moment and I don’t expect him to play that much of the season. Sometimes when you walk in it’s nice to see some players that you know, but the players that are available are the players who are going to get us results.”

Alfie Chang remains a long-term absentee.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Relegation Threatened Birmingham set to be without trio

Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:05 pm

That's 3 points for them then

Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:17 am

I really hope we stuff them and increase their chances of going down.

After ridding Eustace abd replacing with high profile Rooney I will love it if they go down, even at the expense of the Jacks.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:14 am

Pmsl we couldn't stuff a turkey

Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:59 am

If they win and Swansea lose they will only be two points behind, there is always an upside :D

Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:18 am

Should be 3 points in the bag but we've got nothing 2 play for whereas they have everything at stake.

Plus, Rowett is a wiley old cat - someone I think would do well here. Will he tactically out think Bulut I wonder. I think his players will be more up for it that our lot (half of which are already on the beach!)

Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:28 am

Lukas Jutkiewicz must be in his 70s by now. Feels like he's played against us for decades.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:58 am

I'm confident because it's away. We'll have a go. Unlike at home.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:00 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:Should be 3 points in the bag but we've got nothing 2 play for whereas they have everything at stake.

Plus, Rowett is a wiley old cat - someone I think would do well here. Will he tactically out think Bulut I wonder. I think his players will be more up for it that our lot (half of which are already on the beach!)

Most have been on the beach before March started, how can professional players not want to give 100% and win every game…

Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:16 pm

Birmingham now find that they are in the bottom 2 after tonight's results .

They are trying to do the double over us tomorrow night - That ( 0-1 ) loss was a big turning point in our season :(