Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Paul Mullen ‘

Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:09 pm

Mullen became a centurion for the Welsh outfit This weekend when finding the target in a dramatic 2-1 win over Colchester. He has reached 100 goals for Wrexham in just 136 appearances . That more individual goals than all the Wales players in the team put together….

What’s Going On Mr Page ????

Just try him in a friendly match

Re: ‘ Paul Mullen ‘

Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:40 pm

Could we not sign him at city

Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:40 pm

Mark Harris has 13 goals in League One I’d rather start him up top.

Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:51 pm

M4 Exile wrote:Mark Harris has 13 goals in League One I’d rather start him up top.

Shows the jump between league 1 & 2 to the championship

Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:53 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:Mark Harris has 13 goals in League One I’d rather start him up top.

Or it shows what we do to goal scorers.

Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:55 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fair point

Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:10 pm

Mullin is slow and poor in the air, he technically is the second striker off a big lad who does the dirty stuff. He is playing for a team who are constantly on the front foot creating chances

Football is the ultimate marketplace, he is on £250K a year so any championship team could take a punt on an L2 29-year-old journeyman "reality star". If it wasn't for the slick TV show I doubt many would have heard of him.

Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:00 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

No, I just think Harris is a League One player at best.

It was the right decision at the time to let him go and still is.

I’ll be shocked if he ever makes it in the Championship.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:52 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

No, I just think Harris is a League One player at best.

It was the right decision at the time to let him go and still is.

I’ll be shocked if he ever makes it in the Championship.

Yes I agree re Harris.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:08 am

llan bluebird wrote:Mullin is slow and poor in the air, he technically is the second striker off a big lad who does the dirty stuff. He is playing for a team who are constantly on the front foot creating chances

Football is the ultimate marketplace, he is on £250K a year so any championship team could take a punt on an L2 29-year-old journeyman "reality star". If it wasn't for the slick TV show I doubt many would have heard of him.

Looked crap in that FA cup game against Blackburn, League 2 maybe 1 in his level.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:21 pm

Would like to see him get a cameo for Wales, don't think he's the answer to our issues though

Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:55 pm

Got himself another couple of goals tonight.

Wrexham look to be heading for League One.

They’re set to go five points clear of 4th with the 4th placed team only having nine to play for.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:41 pm

24 goal contributions in 34 games. Has been fantastic for them. Wonder if he will be as effective in L1 next season.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:32 pm

The defenders make fewer mistakes, are quicker and stronger as you go through the pyramid.

With their new-found fame and notoriety, they won't be a big fish in L1, it will be tougher and chances will be fewer.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:10 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:24 goal contributions in 34 games. Has been fantastic for them. Wonder if he will be as effective in L1 next season.

Wrexham v Stockport - Last game of the season ( both should be up by then ) Interesting to see what happens 20024-25.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:27 am

Welshman in CA

Good point. We do seem to have sucked the life out of a few strikers who've signed for City over the past 10 years or so.
I'd say largely down to poor coaching and tactics.

Perhaps Mullin wouldn't cut it in the Championship but in any case, in our current set-up we'd soon kill his career off!

#strikers graveyard